Getting rid of AI ships delivering excess to PHQ

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pref
x4

Getting rid of AI ships delivering excess to PHQ

Post by pref » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 15:39

Is there a way to stop AI ships delivering stuff to my PHQ?
They mess up the ware limits :S

I already have trade restricted (other races can not trade) - and the sector is blacklisted for every UT/CAG in my empire.

I can't set funds to 0 as i need to have money for ship production..

Do i need to kill their traders? :D Or did i forget some settings..?
Or these guys started their trip before the station was restricted, and i just have to wait for a longer time for this to stop? (Though it's restricted for several game hours).

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 17:20

If you have trade set to "no alien races" then as far as I know it is not AI traders that are causing your problems.

It also seems like if you really have the sector blacklisted for every automated trader they should not be the source of the problem either.

So the question is, are you absolutely sure that your supply system that is intentionally bringing materials to your PHQ is working correctly?
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 17:54

There's no need to kill traders. If you have too many, reassign them. If you have a large jump range on the PHQ, it's easy for ships to run out of fuel and have to crawl back to home. Check what's going on with your PHQ CAGs.

Raise the price of wares to above average. Max price if need be. This should stop MkIII traders from coming around. If you can't do that because of the CAGs, blacklist the station.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 18:35

Thanks for the suggestions!
@ancienthighway: it's not my traders, but NPC ones. As i mentioned in op, blacklisting is already done.

@Tim: Yes, my CAGs seem to respect ware limits so far. They filled all wares they were delivering up to the limit only until now.

In report inbound ships i saw 3 NPC traders on way to my station, well after restricting trades.
I also got ware increases after i did the blacklists (and no own ships were reported inbound back then).

I removed the cash, and left it on SETA - and after some time i had no surplus, but my PHQ is covered in crystal and silicon crates now :D
Maybe NPCs need some time to realize trade is restricted.
Now i gave the Shipyard some money again, so it can buy from the support plex - hope there will be no issues from now on.

Another problem i'm having is that NPCs fill the hangar of another plex, not letting my CAGs do their work. There are now 18-20 constantly chilling in there, and (i assume) my CAGs can't land because of that. Every time this happens (hangar gets full), my stock starts to skyrocket.
Is there a way around this? I'd like to keep the plex on sell as i need the extra consumption.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 18:50

pref wrote: In report inbound ships i saw 3 NPC traders on way to my station, well after restricting trades.
The AI ships decide where to go based on conditions at the time...then they just fly without 'thinking' until their programming activates on arrival. So once they are on their way turning off trading will not sway them from their course. However, when they arrive and their program is activated if trading is off they can't trade.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 19:59

Timsup2nothin wrote:
pref wrote: In report inbound ships i saw 3 NPC traders on way to my station, well after restricting trades.
The AI ships decide where to go based on conditions at the time...then they just fly without 'thinking' until their programming activates on arrival. So once they are on their way turning off trading will not sway them from their course. However, when they arrive and their program is activated if trading is off they can't trade.
Don't think so. If they're on their way before trading was turned off, they will dock and then they'll trade. The only thing that will prevent such a trade is if the asking price of the station is too low. That's been my experience in both TC and AP. But, the way to prevent that is to set the station's friend/foe flags to enemy for all NPC races. That will prevent them from even landing.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 20:54

Nanook wrote: But, the way to prevent that is to set the station's friend/foe flags to enemy for all NPC races. That will prevent them from even landing.
Thanks, thats a nice&easy solution.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 21:00

Nanook wrote:
Timsup2nothin wrote:
Don't think so. If they're on their way before trading was turned off, they will dock and then they'll trade. The only thing that will prevent such a trade is if the asking price of the station is too low. That's been my experience in both TC and AP. But, the way to prevent that is to set the station's friend/foe flags to enemy for all NPC races. That will prevent them from even landing.
Hmmmm. So when they dock the trading algorithm doesn't check for that, it's only checked during the destination calculation. Seems weak, but I'll go along. I pretty much instantly set trading to no as soon as I build anything, so I have no real experience in the matter.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”