X4 done right EGOSOFT PLEASE READ

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

-Skipp-
x4

Post by -Skipp- » Wed, 14. Oct 15, 22:02

Nanook wrote:having to run a multitude of scripts concurrently, for nearly every object in the game, whether the player is around or not. The universe is in constant motion, and most of that motion takes place outside of the player's immediate view
And this is exactly why i love it - it has that MMO feel to it since stuff happens around you even if you're not there. :D

I know about the CPU thing and that's why I don't expect any issues since I have pretty much a top-of-the-line CPU. And when I see a drastical decrese in FPS, I really can't be expected to have a more powerful rig than the one I already own.

Then again - I did notice how a game restart brings the performance up by quite a lot. Especially when I've been flying around for a few hours.

Also - feel free to take my performance nagging with a bit of reserve - I'm used to locked 60FPS and when i see it dropping down to 30ish I consider it a bad thing, while some people are lucky to even have 30fps and consider it very much playable :wink:

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 15. Oct 15, 01:33

Aven Valkyr wrote:
spankahontis wrote:I don't know, I just checked the Elite: Dangerous website, these new Expansions they're adding 'Power Play' in particular sounds really interesting.
The ability to help powerful figures in politics in the Empire, Federation, Independent, Alliance sectors etc. to expand their territory with 20 People something like 50 to be added sounds really interesting.

If it had X:Rebirths Empire Building ability then it would be game over for Egosoft as you could challenge other factions for supremacy of Space.
I'm not so sure about this. The X3 series had a few majour things going for them that elite dangerous will never top:

1) no monthly subscriptions
2) the ability to own and manage several fleets
3) the ability to fly *ANY* ship, including capitals
4) A rich universe full of life, however X3's "life" was very static and doesn't really mean a whole lot to the player
5) it's more than just trading. X3 was an empire management game with the ability to build stations and automated merchant ships. It would be pretty hard to top this. Egosoft NAILED the empire management in their games
6) This isn't WoW vs every-other-mmo. X3 is a single player game with no risk of being ganked by a complete douchebag looking to ruin your experience. X3 is a very complex title with a lot to do and see and there's something to be said about being able to fire it up and just relax with your own methods. You are comparing an MMO to a single player experience. There's no comparison. There's no "X3 Killer". X3 isn't an MMO. It's a title you buy ONCE and then you have it. Unlike Elite: Dangerous where you spend $120 on the game and then pay monthly to play.

Didn't realise till I did some research that they're scrapping the single-player promise.
Guess that would make Empire Building pretty tough even if they did have those options available.

Big mistake on Braben's part. I'm not a MMO/Multi-Player person.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Thu, 15. Oct 15, 07:23

I once new a guy who worked for Intel. His advice for speeding up a slow computer, "buy more memory".

This admittedly was many years ago, however I think this still holds true.

The slowest component in any system is still the hard drive. I saw a post on here from someone who was using 16GB of RAM, and the game was now running very well for them. I would also suggest getting SSD.

Makes everything run faster.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Rickjames125
x3tc

Post by Rickjames125 » Fri, 16. Oct 15, 22:46

Personally, and im not sure if this was mentioned, I believe egosoft should add mechanics to the game that allow the player to create their own faction such as a PMC, a regular trading corporation, a pirate faction, etc. What frustrated me so much about x3 was that you could control all these assets but you could never have a say or really change anything in the galaxy when it came to politics or anything like that, regardless of how much power the player had. This somewhat goes along with the fleet mechanics. I want to be able to have a sprawling empire that can take over sectors, wage wars against other races (or fight wars with them as a pmc) that change the galaxy and all the politics surrounding its inhabitants. Manufacturing my own ships and weapons to support my companies interests and security and feel like i can make a change and do something awesome instead of GoD rebuilding what ive destroyed and many mods have been made for previous games to help these aspects but i still feel like that should be in the base game and simplified or atleast intuitive to manage through the UI. On a side note, itd be really cool to have a system to manufacture ships like a production line, all based on templates of what you want produced. Even setup a way to allow modders to have custom sets of ships compatible with the same mechanic. All in all i feel that there really is a lack of things to do late game and the potential the series has with the additions im suggesting could make it a blast and a true space simulation.

Xan0010
x4

Post by Xan0010 » Sun, 18. Oct 15, 19:08

Things Id like for the next X game:

- gathering feedback from the community (steam early access)

- female protagonist or at least an option

- managers that buy ships on their own if they are needed or if they have been destroyed previously if you give them the money to do that

- carrier captains that order and outfit fighter ships and add them to their carrier ships if you specify how they should do that

- the old industrial looking teladi ships

- the old edged+cubic looking xenon ships

- boardable xenon ships

- all of the old weapons from previus x games and all with alpha / beta / gamma versions

- the old split character look (non-asian)

- teladi look is fine thank you!

- Boron, Paranid, Yaki, Goner

AbhChallenger

Post by AbhChallenger » Tue, 27. Oct 15, 01:14

SETA has to return if Egosoft wants me to buy X4.

It is my choice if I want to run time acceleration.

Reliku
x4

Post by Reliku » Tue, 27. Oct 15, 02:00

on top of the fleet control request, I would like to see specific AI for specific ship types. Seeing a missile frigate like a Balor flying over to a destroyer so its Hit/ma can shoot the destroyer doesn't make too much sense, it should be more of stay at the edge of missile range, and send volleys of missiles at max range. As a target gets attention and comes toward it, it would go on reverse and try to keep the distance.(once you can get this going we will then ask for boost engines to factor in, but until then :twisted: )

make things a bit more fair for OOZ/OOS, as of right now, I have yet to see a one on one destroyer battle where the AI will lose to Player. I have tested this with all 5 star crew(there is a bug in NPC for stations mod where staffs spawns with multiple 5 star stats), and have tested with either my ship initiating combat. Ship type are both Tanaris, everything is equal, and AI will always win with maybe a 3-15% hull left, on 4 star staff and below the % hull left is much greater. Basically, in ooz/oos, all AI staff feels like 5 star plus.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 27. Oct 15, 18:58

AbhChallenger wrote:SETA has to return if Egosoft wants me to buy X4.

Just no.
And there was never a choice, because all previous games were built with the SETA in mind. There is no choice, I either use SETA or trash the game cause I can't waste half of my day staring at a game.

Instead, make the whole game faster. Make capships faster, fighters faster, make stations build a bit faster etc. etc.
Just no mandatory magical speed acceleration button.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 27. Oct 15, 19:03

Earth Ultimatum IV. wrote:

Just no.
And there was never a choice, because all previous games were built with the SETA in mind. There is no choice, I either use SETA or trash the game cause I can't waste half of my day staring at a game.

Instead, make the whole game faster. Make capships faster, fighters faster, make stations build a bit faster etc. etc.
also time accel is already built into the Game Engine, you have to hex to change to other factors than 0.0 and 1.0 though
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 27. Oct 15, 21:08

Just no.

Sorry but it's total BS. Station build speed is just fine if you have all build resources (no instant build station anymore like in X3).
Capship don't need to be fast as they have jump drive and boosters.
Only fighters are a slow and only if you intend to cross several sectors (but then you should take capship jump drive taxi).

The highways are also the slow point, but Egosoft already mention they will rebalance/speed-up them for 4.0.

There is no logical reason for having the SETA anymore apart from to small NPC stations production output on some key products (like Reinforced Metal Plating), but this can also be ballance instead of SETA.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 27. Oct 15, 23:59

mr.WHO wrote:

Just no.

Sorry but it's total BS. Station build speed is just fine if you have all build resources (no instant build station anymore like in X3).
Only fighters are a slow and only if you intend to cross several sectors (but then you should take capship jump drive taxi).

The highways are also the slow point, but Egosoft already mention they will rebalance/speed-up them for 4.0.

There is no logical reason for having the SETA anymore apart from to small NPC stations production output on some key products (like Reinforced Metal Plating), but this can also be ballance instead of SETA.

If anything it builds into EGOSOFTS sense of 'Scale' that Bernd laid down before release of X:R.

If you can just fly from one end of the Universe to the other instantaneously through jump gates then it makes the Universe look small.
If anything, it feels like a change of wallpaper to me rather than a journey.

And you're right, jump drives on larger ships although they could improve on this, rather than hopping from beacon to beacon, either by making the jumps hop to the nearest beacon to the Jump Gate nearest to the System that's closest to the destination, or they can increase the speed between Beacon jumps.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

dfm5000

Post by dfm5000 » Wed, 28. Oct 15, 03:35

Xan0010 wrote:Things Id like for the next X game:

- gathering feedback from the community (steam early access)

- female protagonist or at least an option

- managers that buy ships on their own if they are needed or if they have been destroyed previously if you give them the money to do that

- carrier captains that order and outfit fighter ships and add them to their carrier ships if you specify how they should do that

- the old industrial looking teladi ships

- the old edged+cubic looking xenon ships

- boardable xenon ships

- all of the old weapons from previus x games and all with alpha / beta / gamma versions

- the old split character look (non-asian)

- teladi look is fine thank you!

- Boron, Paranid, Yaki, Goner
I like your list, I mentioned the cube shapes a while back for xenon ships. I also agree the old Teladi ships were bad assed all I do now when I see them is blow them up.

Managers that Buy and replace ships you'd think something like that would have been already in the game and finished long before release lol.

Another annoying thing with Managers is the budget, I give them money for the budget and they send it all back to me and start begging me to send them money.

Better restrictions on what managers can sell and how much they can sell it for.

Example of what I mean is ill say restrict selling reinforced metals to other factions, it ofc stops them from selling to everyone and not just certain factions and it doesn't prevent the manager loading the transport full of my metals and selling them to someone anyway.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 28. Oct 15, 17:48

mr.WHO wrote:

Just no.

I absolutely agree. But, that was a reply to the guy who requested the return of SETA, I came up with a compromise that I would find acceptable. Personally, I'd keep the current pace.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 28. Oct 15, 18:12

Yep - I clicked to quote the wrong post - I ment the post you quoted in your post.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 28. Oct 15, 18:15

mr.WHO wrote:

Just no.

I absolutely agree. But, that was a reply to the guy who requested the return of SETA, I came up with a compromise that I would find acceptable. Personally, I'd keep the current pace.
Maybe ship agileness In Sector should be balanced a bit.

The other day I had to "suffer" a Lyranea manuver around a spice station to deliver water , and I am not exagerating, more than 15 minutes for it to see it dock, while OOS is just barely a couple of minutes, some balance here pleaaase.

Aven Valkyr
x3ap

Post by Aven Valkyr » Tue, 25. Apr 17, 05:10

Resurrecting this thread. The dev's PLEASE need to see this and seriously take it into consideration for their next title.

One thing I would like to add here, is in reading the OP I feel I was kinda harsh. I don't feel your games are fails, don't for a minute think that's what I'm saying here. What I'm saying is, certain *aspects* of your titles needs polishing up. I really grew to love X3 and while I only put about 5 hours into XR, your titles are the best out there. Really. :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 25. Apr 17, 19:07

I don't think we need yet another thread, especially a long dead one, to repeat most of what's already in several current threads. Feel free to add to those if you want.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”