Capping in Terran Sectors

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Capping in Terran Sectors

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 26. Jun 15, 08:15

I made it to Hero of Sol, even though I'm playing the Argon side in AP. I've got Sats in all the Terran sectors. I picked up a Hype, but my marines aren't ready for serious boarding yet. To fund a big Spacefuel complex, I need a $100 Mil to start. I wanted to try capping in Terran space. I never did that in TC; now we can in AP.

My targets are Cutlasses so far. I've got 4 now in about a game hour, and they sell for $3.5 Mil each, for a total of $14 Mil. The EMPC is the usual Terran weapon; it's okay. But it much easier to face than a diet of Plasma Burst Generators in the CW. The Fenrir is the only other Terran M3 worth $3 Mil. The Spitfyre and Scimitar sell for about $1.5 Mil. (Edit: I've got 6 now. And a Yokohama went red on me, and wouldn't take an apology. So there are some defenses, but not like CW space, so far.)

I haven't run into any sector defenses yet, like the police in CW space. I capped two Cutlasses right in front of a Terran Tokyo, and got no response. What a feast is coming! All those Terran sectors with Jump Beacons! I can hope.

Has anyone run into serious sector defenses in Terran space? (Outside of the Asteroid Belt and Jupiter)

We couldn't cap Fenrirs in TC. Can we cap ATF M3s in AP?
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 26. Jun 15, 10:45

I never had a Fenrir bail, but i was never aiming at bailing them - might be possible but i think they have pretty high morale.

And i don't think you get heavy opposition, i only got RRFs after a couple of my salvos hit a terran capship.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Capping in Neptune

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 26. Jun 15, 20:16

Might as well enjoy it before they "fix it". The capping is much easier than CW space. The sector defenses are minimal. I just took two Cutlasses in a row in Neptune in major traffic and got no Terran response. That's eight in a little more than a game hour. I picked up a Return Ship mission for a Yoko while doing Terran missions to keep my rep at the top. I sold it for $14 Mil, so my total now is $74 Mil, most of it from these Cutlasses. I'm just finishing my second game day in AP.

I'll come back often.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 27. Jun 15, 13:56

Nice going! Have fun on the path to riches :D

It will only get a bit more rushy when M8s and Skirnirs start targeting you. But some mosquitos can help that.

ebonbane
x3ap

Post by ebonbane » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 05:57

I've had a couple Fenrirs bail in AP, so yes it's doable!

Good luck with your pirate ventures :twisted:
just make sure you don't get red enough to be denied JumpBeacon access

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 11:21

ebonbane wrote: just make sure you don't get red enough to be denied JumpBeacon access
Or just get your own beacons.

IanFitzJo
x3tc

Post by IanFitzJo » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 02:34

I've had numerous Vali and Tokyos turn red on me (X3TC) while I've been fishing for Tyrs and Odins in Terran sectors. Sometimes the Vali will accept the apology but stay red (they usually don't start attacking my freighters afterwards though - usually).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”