HUB Plot, align first gate problems, help!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wolfee

HUB Plot, align first gate problems, help!

Post by wolfee » Sun, 28. Jun 15, 04:08

I already completed the Terran Plot where Aldrin is revealed and I'm on hold for the last mission of Operation Final Fury. I started doing the HUB plot and I'm at the point where I'm done giving the Comp Parts and microchips, then done with repairing the 3 generators, then done with depositing 10k energy cells to allow alignment of the first gate. When I went to align the first gate, there aren't any available sectors to choose from. What am I missing?

I undocked and had a long battle with a Q, a M6 and a good bit of fighters and died. I reloaded from autosave and there are 3 "unknown objects" that look exactly like the generators I repaired earlier, they are at 100% shield and Hull, so they're fine but they are listed as "unknown objects". The HUB itself has the blue book icon over it and when I "comm" the HUB, Mahi Ma says I have one chance to align the first set of gates. If I read the Mission details, it says to repair the damaged generators, which aren't damaged anymore and listed as "unknown objects". Not sure what to do, any help appreciated. :?

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sun, 28. Jun 15, 04:26

Did you right click on the Hub and select Gate Alignment?

Bill Huntington
x3tc

HUB plot

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 28. Jun 15, 04:35

Pilots should do the HUB plot at least once. Chips at the end is the longest. Correction: l-o-o-o-ngest.

You would be smart to build a dedicated Chip Complex in Barren Shores now, using most of the Silicon asteroids, and the maximum size it can support, just for chips. Don't sell them, store them.

Good luck, and thank the stars for AP.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

wolfee

Post by wolfee » Sun, 28. Jun 15, 04:45

Well...I'm an idiot. I kept closing out Mahi Ma's text about realigning the gate before hearing page two of his instructions. Didn't realize there was a second page, jeez.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”