Stuck forever on waiting for drones while transferring wares

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 12:53

Hi UniTrader and all.

To all I have noticed these type of issues a lot and as mentioned by many if you fly/jump out of zone so any order given to cap ships either trade/transfer and repair always work faster if you are out of zone your ships are in WHY.

For UniTrader as a moderator you must have come across this type of issue a lot, and if we are near our cap/trade ships or in same zone things either don't work or move very slowly and when we fly out of same that zone all works fine or very quickly so why haven't this or these issues been fixed in an of the updates/betas.

12pak1

Post by 12pak1 » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 21:06

I get this same issue ALOT. It seems to be getting more frequent the bigger my empire gets. To fix it, I'll add both ships to squad, remove from squad, leave zone, come back, wash, rinse repeat. sometimes, any of the steps above will fix it. Which step exactly the fix happens varies from time to time. Don't ask me why, couldn't tell you.
Sometimes, none of these steps will fix it, and at that point, I have to attempt to use the "cancel planned trips" option. Do this for both ships. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.
In the case that it doesn't work, I keep repeating the cancel order on each ship, back and forth, and it will eventually stick for one of them. Again, no idea why. Once this happens, I can never get the captain of the other ship to do anything after that. All options stay greyed out at that point. To fix this, you have to replace the captain, and fire the original captain once they are back on the Skunk. You can place that Captain in another ship, but it doesn't fix him, options remain greyed out. Once you replace him, the ship you fired him from, (so far anyway), will resume normal operation and you can retry the transfer.
Something else that has never worked right for me, is do a transfer "to" a ship, and then a transfer "from" the same ship, during the same transaction. The ships will follow through, but they never do it correctly. One of them will always end up transferring the entire stock of the item I was trying to only take some of. Once I figured out what was happening, I learned to NEVER to a transfer to, and a transfer from in the same trip.
I don't usually have a problem with doing multiple transfers to different ships though. For example, I can do a transfer to ship 1, then do a transfer from ship 2, then a transfer to ship 3 and so on. I can also do multiple transfers of multiple items "to" OR "from" a single ship on a single transaction, as long as I don't try to transfer "to" AND "from" at the same time.

kelmenwong
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 03:52

12pak1 wrote:...
In the case that it doesn't work, I keep repeating the cancel order on each ship, back and forth, and it will eventually stick for one of them....
do i need to be fast for this "keep repeating cancel"?

i did that, but the planned trip just keep coming back
do u always manage get this "keep repeating cancel" work? like at most 10 times?
can tell how exactly u managed it? becos i hate to load hours ago game save, and i been trying to cancel it but it just keep come back.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 09:18

The few times I got the issue, I cancel the trip, then I add to squad and if the "following Skunk" is not displayed, I take out of squad, use com and give him a new task or order, then clear orders and add to squad again. You could always temporary assign the ship to one of your station managers, then add to squad and clear orders as well.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

12pak1

Post by 12pak1 » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 12:54

santi wrote: You could always temporary assign the ship to one of your station managers, then add to squad and clear orders as well.
Ooh, I didn't even think about that. That might be the better way, than the way I said. Might save your captains that way.

kelmenwong
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 11:01

santi wrote:The few times I got the issue, I cancel the trip, then I add to squad and if the "following Skunk" is not displayed, I take out of squad, use com and give him a new task or order, then clear orders and add to squad again. You could always temporary assign the ship to one of your station managers, then add to squad and clear orders as well.
the problem is, the 1st time cancel the trip, it will just come back
so, is the "cancel the trip" really worked in the 1st place?

kelmenwong
x3tc

ooz transfer - stuck at waiting for drones

Post by kelmenwong » Sat, 8. Aug 15, 15:26

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B79qo ... DNNeDE4SDA

DeVries » Glaring Truth » Darned Hot Air

order Titurel - Refitter transfer 9 construction drones -> Fulmekron 01
transfer seems done
but both now stuck as "waiting for drones"
their position also not aligned

all these been issued and executed remotely/ooz

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 9. Aug 15, 09:40

Are any mods in use in that save, or have some mods been used and are currently deactivated? Have any save game edits been done?

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Wed, 26. Aug 15, 04:34

What's the state of all this trouble, is there a solution for v.3.53?

After 4 monthes of play, it's the 1st time that my game is completly stucked because of this.

I did a cargo drone transfer between several ships, one being the same each time and it was a success. At all times the ships had the 'Join my Squad' and 'Follow me' command before I ordered the transfer.
Now, with the last transfer of 8 cargo drones between my Titurel and a Sahanar Container (that had 0 drones, but that's because I transfer), nothing goes anymore: In the details of the ships I see the planed trip but as said above, it cannot be canceled , if I chose Clear All nothing happens, the trip remains.
Worse, the 2 ships are useless now, they don't follow any orders and try to complete the trip, but they can't .

Because of this bug, I ask: how to edit my savegame to unstuck the ships?

[EDIT]
I think editing my savegame will not be necessary. What I did as a remedy was:

I unsquad both ships, then squad and tell to follow me the ware-sending ship. I move manually to the Highway and go out 2 zones away. I then receive the message: "I cannot complete the operation". I move back to the transfer zone. I check the details of both ships: the transfer has occured but the ware-sending ship is still stucked and you can only order him to Transfer wares. I did so with some other wares that he had onboard.

Situation solved . Can I move on now? Yes :D

Thanks,
XenonS

ttheobald
x4

Post by ttheobald » Wed, 2. Sep 15, 22:08

I've got a little bit to contribute - first off, one of the correlated elements: I use the 5-trip trade software, and this problem almost never happens unless I have a full 5-trip queue loaded up on a ship.

I *have* had two cases where it refused to clear on my command, no matter how many "cancel" orders I gave. Both cases were delivering silicon to the mining station in Postern Gate. These orders *eventually* cleared on their own, and I figured the drones just had to take some weird circuitous route to accomplish the job. I never trade there any more.

T

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Sat, 5. Sep 15, 20:26

ttheobald,
as you can see there was a hot debate about this problem. My solution just here above may not be the last word, but: in the meantime I noticed that it happens if you send ALL your drones from one ship to another; with normal wares I never saw this problem.

If you ever come in this trouble, just do what I did above, it takes a bit of time and is for sure cumbersome, but it should solve it.

XenonS

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 4. Apr 17, 11:12

I have done some quick checks on this and the cause of this bug like behavior is this.

You issued the trade between two ships who are not visible to you.

While they are still trading, you fly over to their zone and they become visible to you. but they are already running a script designed to run when they are not visible to the player. so they stare at each other thinking when is this player going to change zone get away already.

just change zone and wait a while. you will receive a notification that they have finished trading.

i have noticed this before and it saddens me when i do trade between ships i dont see the cargolifters flying anymore.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 4. Apr 17, 12:25

There have been 3 updates to the game since this thread was last posted in 19 months ago so this necro isn't appropriate.

Please feel free to start a new Public Patch Beta or Technical Support thread containing all the info requested by the respective forum's stickies.

Thread locked.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”