[AP] HUB link locations and HQ Locations

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

radster01
x3ap

[AP] HUB link locations and HQ Locations

Post by radster01 » Fri, 3. Jul 15, 22:50

Ok, so I've just finished Operation:Loose Ends and i've got my HQ in my Elephant. The question is, where to put it, and how should I link up the HUB. My race relations are:

Argon Enemy of the Federation
Boron Noble Peer
Teladi Majority Shareholder
Paranid Friend of Priest King
Split Honoured Strong Arm of Rhonkar
Terran Planetary Senator

Obviously because I've got -5 Argon rep I'm not gonna place it in the unknown sector next to Legend's Home, and I don't have any reason to raise it up again until Shady Business is completed. I'd like a HQ sector with lots of asteroids for ship production. I was thinking Cathedral of Xaar, but it's pretty far away from civilization - remember the only place I can buy Jumpdrives is at Atreus HQ.

Maybe I could use the HUB to link Queens Harbour ----HUB---- Queens Retribution and CEO's Wellspring----HUB----Cathedral of Xaar?

[EDIT] This is only a temporary base of operations - I plan to move to Blue Horizon after I finish Breaking Grounds

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 3. Jul 15, 23:19

Maybe Hollow Infinity? It has enough resources to support ship production in phq plus a weapon/shield complex.
Same with Distant Clouds .

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sat, 4. Jul 15, 00:47

One option is to not place the PHQ until you can put it into the sector you really want it in. How much use would it really be between now and that time?

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 10. Jul 15, 21:09

Do you have the Player-Owned Sector? It's conveniently located. Buffered from Argons a bit. With the Hub, you can set up your PHQ Production complex wherever you'd like.

Sorry, didn't read the last line.

radster01
x3ap

Post by radster01 » Sat, 11. Jul 15, 21:59

I've just decided to place it in the unknown sector east of Clarity's End, with my major production base in Mines of Fortune.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”