AP-Passenger to Marine help me!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mykawa

AP-Passenger to Marine help me!

Post by mykawa » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 00:31

Just started new game of AP and thought I would use some mod/scripts from DrBullwinkle's list. One of these is Passenger to Marine. I have passengers (ejected pilots) in a TP. I have plenty of space fuel and firearms but cannot figure out how to convert them? I have tried at military outpost, in space and at a pirate base with no luck. I have even enslaved first thinking that they could then be converted into a Marine. Can anyone lead me through this process.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 05:12

If I remember correctly the script add an extra command in the command console, under "piracy" (I think). You have to go there (default hotkey shift+c) and check either the menus or the additional command slots. If I remember correctly you also have to be docked at a station, but it's been ages since I used the script so take that with a grain of salt.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 11:36

In the DrB *simplified* version of Pelador's Passenger to Marine, the only requirements are: a passenger, a marine-capable player ship, a CLS, and enough free cargo space for a marine (you 'might' have to be able to fit in the marine ( 8 ) before you free up the passenger space ( 6 ) - not sure). Meet these requirements and then you should get a conversion command in your ship's Piracy menu.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 12:23

Havent tried Bullwinkle's script, but Pelador's one give you single star marines. Years will pass till they get proper assault ranks.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

mykawa

Post by mykawa » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 16:08

Thanks for the advise. Zaitsev I will check to see and post if it is there. Alan Phipps Yes I have the space on the TP but did not know about CLS software?
Do you know what station I need to be at? Sorkvild Yea but I started the Poisoned Paranid start and wanted to do as must damage to the Paranid (take there ships) before the cure. I read where you could adjust whether you get basic or random ranks but first wanted to just get some Marines. I could also use then with the Marine repair script for big ships. I also do not like to make slaves-not my thing.

Again, thanks for the advise and I will check back to see if anyone else has any other ideas.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 19:06

All TPs have CLS fully integrated (or maybe CbLS to be clearer - Cargobay Life Support rather than the Bonus Pack's Commodity Logistics Software); without which you cannot carry passengers anyway! Hmmm, I hope the script checks for integrated CbLS as well as the one you can equip later on.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

mykawa

Post by mykawa » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 19:29

I will be returning to my game shortly. Other things to do in life. If I get it to work great. If not I will just do like my last game and raise them the old way. There was nothing I could not board. I was able to do a Q and a K with only 21 Marines with a lost only one per deck. Took a few reloads! I took a K with 21 and lost only 3 Marines one time and when I checked later I found I made a mistake, one of the Marines was only around 80%. That was on my forth reload. I did not think that was possible but it happened. Again thanks for the help.

mykawa

Post by mykawa » Wed, 15. Jul 15, 22:27

I wish to apologize to Alan Phipps, your first post was correct. I just did not read it. Well I did read it about 6 times before I saw "piracy". This is were it is at in the piracy menu. I was stuck on how you enslave a passenger in the freight menu and never looked anywhere else. You are also right about DrB *simplified* version of Pelador's Passenger to Marine. I tried both and with Pelador's you need space fuel and weapons and sometimes the passenger is killed whereas with the simplified version you get Marines each time but still take a hit with the race. No matter because these were Paranid and I was doing the Poisoned Paranid start and it gets reset at the end so it did not matter. I now have 25 Paranid Marines to put to work. I also have a 243.5 Hyperion Vanguard and a whole lot of Paranid ships that I took. This was the most fun start I have had with this game. Again thanks for the help and this post can be closed.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”