Economy differences between TC and AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RainerPrem
x4

Economy differences between TC and AP

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 17. Jul 15, 06:18

Hi,

I'm about one game day into my first ever game of AP after playing thousand of hours in TC.

I notice that there are big differences for manual traders. In TC I could have two Mistrals buying and selling silicon in two different corners of the universe and make big profitsss.

In AP it seems that all factories using silicon are constantly full. On the other hand I never could get enough Crystals in TC, and now there are a lot of crystal fabs sitting with full storage. And Ore sells like fresh donuts.

Is that normal or will that change over time?

cu
Rainer

Edit: Corrected thread title.
Last edited by RainerPrem on Mon, 20. Jul 15, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.

Hellfire29
x3tc

Post by Hellfire29 » Fri, 17. Jul 15, 08:13

They depend a lot on the game. It does change each game a bit depending on how some things turn out and some random numbers get generated. But yes, the universe has been changed a bit from TC so things like the good opportunities has changed a bit.
Guns don't kill people, Split kill people.

I'm always up for a game of Monopoly.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 17. Jul 15, 11:23

I still see many of my UTs dealing in ore (2 months old save in game time).
Crystals also sell ok.
They often fail on silicon and food resource deliveries - guess because those get full more easily.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Fri, 17. Jul 15, 21:06

One game day? Cmon brother... after that much time in TC you should know how the engine works. You need to give it time to settle and drain/refill and kick in all the routes. After a while some inactive things will get dropped, some needed things will get added and eventually things like ore and silicon will be back to a "good" ware to deal in.

Considering how random engine can be with stations... in my gave terrans sit on crapload of food and it hasn't changed since... since I started that save. Usual complain most people have is that terrans don't have food... so yeah...
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 17. Jul 15, 21:50

The problem with Terran food is that unless you build the necessary food chains, Terran stations are tethered to sporadic deliveries to the logistics facilities. Once you start feeding the production stations energy, minerals, food, and water, you'll see how quickly the food supply dries up.

In a brand new start, it's not uncommon for NPC stations to have all the resources they need, or just missing one to get production started. If one station is short a ware, chances are multiple stations are short the ware. Start trading that and eventually their will be a market for everything.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 20. Jul 15, 06:44

Hi,

I'm one day further. There is still better sale on Ore and sometimes Crystals and Quantum tubes (I never manually dealt in QTs before) than Silicon.

One other massive difference I encounter is the distribution of missions. There are normally none when I enter a sector for the very first time. I then turn my Kestrel around, jump back out and in again, and the sector is if not flooded then at least well populated.

And it seems as if the missions come in lumps. Either Fight missions only in a whole sector, or "Follow ship" missions everywhere. The "transport troops" missions are extraordinary well paying compared to all others. I jumped into Albion Gamma for the first time and there were three of them, all leading to Grand Exchange. Immediate two millions, while other "difficult" missions are still well below 100k. Well I won't complain :-)

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”