Play X3:TC for the plots?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MrFiction
x3ap

Play X3:TC for the plots?

Post by MrFiction » Tue, 21. Jul 15, 11:16

Been a while since I played X3:TC, most of my time is spent on X3:AP. In AP I have finished most Argon plot missions and my trader is liked by almost everybody from Terran to Argon and credits role in at a steady pace.

I'm wondering whether I should continue AP or start a TC game for the plots. I've only done a few plot missions in TC, so my question for the experienced TC veterans, are the plots worth it? I know about the resource hungry HUB plot but don't have much insight on the other plots, are they good/fun/tedious?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 21. Jul 15, 16:25

Plots are fun, but from what I understand if you are accustomed to the AP UI you would probably prefer the mod that puts the TC plots into AP rather than dealing with the TC UI.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Tue, 21. Jul 15, 16:29

playing AP before TC is like watching part two of a movie and asking how part one was.
luckily you can do a lot in X games and you could ignore the story if you choose so.
the thing I liked about TC are the missions you can run for the eight (?) NPC corporations.
it takes a little while, after completing such a mission, for a new mission to show up.
while I was busy with the HUB plot I had a great time with the corporations.

oh yes, the Panther is better in TC.
in TC the ships have significantly less hull HP then AP.
that means that the Ion Cannon (IC) is a great weapon in TC.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 21. Jul 15, 22:45

@MrFiction: If you don't mind a modded game, there's a mod in the S&M forum that allows you to play the TC plots in AP. You might give that a try. And IMO, most of the plots in TC are fun to play at least once, including the 'infamous' HUB plot. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Wed, 22. Jul 15, 11:10

Thanks for the replies, looks like modding in the plots is the way to go!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”