Mosquito missiles. What are they good for?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rheinmetall
x2

Mosquito missiles. What are they good for?

Post by Rheinmetall » Thu, 25. Mar 04, 23:07

I'm pretty new to this game (I only have two factories running). But I have this question: What do the mosquito missiles do. When I try to use them in battle they are no better than bunch of flying sticks that hit enemy ships, nothing more. I tried to kill a M5 class unknown vessel with them. Fired 10 of them to it's shields, no effect whatsoever. Then I brought it's shields down with guns and tried them stupid missiles on the ships hull with the same results. They do nothing else but fly towards the enemy and go "boom", that's about it.

Wolvan
x4

Post by Wolvan » Thu, 25. Mar 04, 23:13

I think they were orriginally intended as anti missile missiles. Though I've never had a use for them as such.

Tourniquet
x3

Post by Tourniquet » Thu, 25. Mar 04, 23:17

Absolutely nothing say it again
huh
mosquito missiles, what are they good for
Absolutely nothing say it again

hmm, thats got the makings of a catchy song.

they do a decent job on squash mines if you need to be rid of a few.
Hmmm, you seem to have mistaken me for something edible.

JackScratch
x2

Post by JackScratch » Thu, 25. Mar 04, 23:17

They serve two purposes. Taking out other missiles is the intended use. A mosquito can easilly catch any other missile and take it out. In the same vein they are great for taking out Squash mines.

But I use them for getting the attention of an Enemy before I'm in laser range. A Mosquito in the butt can be quite handy for getting someone off one of your ships and onto you instead.

DDevil

Post by DDevil » Thu, 25. Mar 04, 23:20

I use them to catch spaceflies :P
N.O.V.A.E.F. Special Forces Saboteur Leader
>NOVAEF INFO<>Official NOVAEF forum<

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Thu, 25. Mar 04, 23:21

They have two uses on my experience:

1) Anti missle defense - target any incoming missles and fire a Mosquito at it - Boom. Good against Hornets.

2) Taunting - If you are out hunting and have prey that is fiarly quick such as the Xenon, and you are in a slower vehicle; say a Nova. Use mosquito missles as a long distance metohod of getting an enemies attention and have them turn around and come after you. I like them for when I am chasing down a ship that is nearing a gate - I shoot off a mosquito so they will turn around before heading into the next sector.

twilight_echoes
x3tc

Post by twilight_echoes » Thu, 25. Mar 04, 23:22

the factories are great for making money if you build them in lucky planets, ministry of finance, getsu fune or omicron lyrae. but dont build them in the last 3 listed areas until you have lots of money for nice big M6s.

Rheinmetall
x2

Post by Rheinmetall » Thu, 25. Mar 04, 23:24

Thanks for clarifying that.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”