Aldrin 2 Plot: object.name@L2M011.Aldrin 2 Gate - with workaround.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

wolfee

Aldrin 2 Plot: object.name@L2M011.Aldrin 2 Gate - with workaround.

Post by wolfee » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 01:15

When I fly into Aldrin 2 and dock, the mission moves to the next step which is supposed to be fly to the disabled gate. The name of this step is listed in the Title of this post. I looked up where the disabled gate is supposed to be (6,-3,-10) and there's nothing there. The two capital ships are there with a dozen or so fighters but nothing else. Also, if I undock manually, I blowup instantly. If I do a "move to position" I can undock without blowing up. Still can't find the gate though. I've reloaded back to where I dropped off the data device in Aldrin and end up with the same results. Version 3.2. Any help appreciated.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 12:56

Similar object name issue threads here and here. There are quite a few other threads confirming the issue (so you are not alone) and all with similar workarounds.

The explode on undock in certain circumstances is a well-known but separate issue.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

wolfee

Post by wolfee » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 14:30

After quitting the game, reloading and flying toward where the disabled gate is supposed to be, it finally started.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”