[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 18:05

What ? Auto-respawn should NOT apply to these types of stations. Oh, wait, you're talking about the vanilla auto-respawn that I don't know how to remove ? In that case, no I didn't notice it before (at least for trading stations ; OWPs have a very high respawn rate, which is completely stupid IMO - don't know if I have to blame Litcube for that, but hey, let's blame him!), and this is a problem :)

It should work with every map. The invasion takes the shipyard's sector where the invasion forces are built, then search for the nearest sector, randomly.

ItsMeAUsername
x3ap

Post by ItsMeAUsername » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 18:37

I can add to the list of weird station spawns. Had two argon military outposts in Magnetar Zeta after OCV captured it. Would be happy to provide more details, but just saw them later, so no idea what went wrong there - sorry.

And while I suppose you're aware of it (and it ain't particularly problematic)... the periodic commonwealth defense/attack against the OCV seem to still be carried out by several (hostile) races at once. Its kinda funny to watch several e.g. boron and split ships jump in, start attacking one another, only for the survivors to be wiped out by the OCV.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 18:46

Yes, I'm aware of that, and I don't care :)

Well, let me rephrase : I put chaos into the universe ; there's gonna be some problems/inconsistencies. Even the respawn is not a major problem for me, because I'm pretty sure it's unfixable. We'll see that. After all, you can rebuild with just a TL in the sector, so we can imagine that Commonwealth's races do the same :) But I'd like to fix this though...

EDIT : game's autorespawn is confirmed to be hardcoded. A shame...

CNR4806

Post by CNR4806 » Thu, 13. Aug 15, 21:19

Joubarbe wrote:Yes, I'm aware of that, and I don't care :)

Well, let me rephrase : I put chaos into the universe ; there's gonna be some problems/inconsistencies. Even the respawn is not a major problem for me, because I'm pretty sure it's unfixable. We'll see that. After all, you can rebuild with just a TL in the sector, so we can imagine that Commonwealth's races do the same :) But I'd like to fix this though...

EDIT : game's autorespawn is confirmed to be hardcoded. A shame...
Hmm, instead of trying to prevent the auto-spawn (which you found to be impossible), how about some ways to detect that spawn and make sure the station/OWP is destroyed in short order? Would that work?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 13. Aug 15, 21:37

Yep, it's possible to assign a particular signal to OWPs, and when the signal is received, destroy it automatically. However, it needs to be consistent, ie applied to all spawnable objects. And I can't figure exactly what respawns and what does not.

Sorry, I really don't have time to look into it right now. I don't consider that a major bug, and even if it was, I wouldn't be able to fix it properly.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 14. Aug 15, 09:44

Version 1.00 (14/08/2015) :
  • ATF are now recognized as Terran. All the ATF sectors in your current game will be automatically converted to Terran. Modified scripts : setup.Mayhem.xml and Mayhem.Establish.xml.
-----

Download

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 05:14

I just noticed that all invasion and defence forces ships spawned by Mayhem cannot be boarded. Betty always tells me "Warning - this ship cannot be boarded!" when I try to launch my boarding pods at such ships. Is this intended?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 07:42

Yes it is intended.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sun, 16. Aug 15, 18:22

any chance to split the bounty part off so it can be added to XMR?

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Sun, 23. Aug 15, 02:47

"Teladi sectors are like International Waters, you can kill everyone and can be killed by everyone ; and no one will care !"

Is this currently implemented? Argon start, no matter who I attack in teladi sectors, I lose race rep.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 23. Aug 15, 09:49

Of course, what I meant is that Teladis won't care... (even if it's not completely true, because I suspect Teladi Police being pissed off when you attack random ships)

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Sun, 23. Aug 15, 22:15

Thank you! Wow, my brain totally went somewhere else with that didn't it? It's interesting how different people can read the same thing and get completely different meanings out of it. :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 23. Aug 15, 22:25

True, and still, people get angry easily.

xypher stone
x3ap

Post by xypher stone » Thu, 1. Oct 15, 03:22

This looks awesome to say the least!
Time to wage war agains anyone in my way! :twisted:
thanks bet i love it :lol:
X3 TC 3.2 + XTC
X3 AP 3.1 + LU + Revelation Plus + Phanon Plus + EMS + STO + LU-GoldUI-V1.0.0 + Pirate Guild 3 + Anarkis Defense System + Yaki Armada 2

[ external image ]

conquestor
x3ap

Post by conquestor » Sat, 17. Oct 15, 14:06

I started a new game for this mini-mod and I'm loving it so far, however, I do have 1 issue.

I'm trying to play as terrans, and getting trade software mk3 is really damn hard. Can that be added to Earth torus or something?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 25. Oct 15, 14:04

That's why Teladis are neutral.

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Tue, 10. Nov 15, 01:01

Hi Joubarbe! You're Mayhem mod drew me back to playing X3LU after a long hiatus. Thanks for the work! I'm still in very early game, but I'd like to ask if something I'm seeing is expected in Mayhem. I'm playing an Argon start and periodically I'll see an Argon M3 or TS Weapons Dealer hostile towards me. I've noticed that in all cases the ship flown was non-argon. I also saw a sabre flown by an Argon pilot fighting with an Argon weapon platform.

I wonder if another mod is conflicting. I'm playing with several of the new LU mods including Miscellaneous Tweaks, Quick Wings, Small Improvements, Sat Monitoring (Excellent quality of life mod!), Mk3 Improvements, Easy Connects (Another excellent quality of life mod!), Stolen Saturn, and of course Mayhem installed last.

Could you or Wanabe comment on how Revelation Plus may interact with Mayhem? I saw Wanabe's post where he mentioned Phanon Plus should be ok, but if Revelation plus was mentioned with regards to Mayhem I missed it.
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

hanuland
x4

Strange weapon SCH in Mayhem.

Post by hanuland » Mon, 21. Dec 15, 01:04

I'm Korean, so I don't speak English well. sorry about that.

But, I must say about SCH and few things, because I love this mod and my pleasure.

First thing,
I begun as yaki few weeks ago with MayHem10RC. It was very hard start.
However, finally argon and terran became my best friend.

This two race absolutely required, I'll need a lot Saturn Complex Hub and Headquarters.
Eventually this two things will be very important for MLCC on my experience.

So I built SCH005L x 3 that was space fuel, energy cell and mass driver factory for initial profit.

A Space fuel and energy cell SCH is working well as soon as engage, but mass driver SCH doesn't.

I begun check it out why, also three time rebuilt totally.
and I found the "Cycle time" is 9:20:00. What? It seems very long time than LUV.

Is it intended? Weapons factory require long time? It is more than M2+ build time on LUV.
if it is intended. THEN, I CAN WAIT! despite never helping profit.
BUT, this mass driver factory not working, even it has resource 100%,
and the "production finished gauge" is always 0%. NEVER COUNTING.
that mean, all weapons SCH is impossible on this mod? then, wow, i'm confusing.

Second thing,
As I told above, I started with yaki. when I took over one of unknown sectors, my reputation dropped all 200 point. why?
I am yaki. that mean, player is another race? then yaki starting is why? i'm confusing.

Last, one suggestion.

at least, What about SCH from teladi.(like Teladi stolen SCH script, currently this script not compatible with Mayhem10RC)
If I use MLCC? it has required headquarters and many SCHs on my case.
Headquarters is from argon. SCH is from terran.
That mean, this two race must be absolute friend?
It was so strange on my think.
Because argon and terran wasn't friend by story of AP vanilla, and now all race is chaos on Mayhem.
and also I hate terran sectors. there are big stations.
Well now, this two race absolutely must be best friend with player, FOR THE USING MLCC.

This mod awesome and very exciting, but I don't understand about some situation.
so I said few things.

thanks again, Joubarbe and Litcube.

EDIT 1) I just tried gamma ray cannon SCH. It works. same way, same SCH. hm, I don't know, why massdriver SCH didn't. :o

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 21. Dec 15, 08:58

Hello hanuland, and thanks for the feedback.

The problem you have with Saturn Complex Hubs has to my knowledge nothing to do with Mayhem, as I didn't modify anything related to weapons or SCH in this mod. You've probably noticed that your Mass Driver SCH was not working with Mayhem, but I'm pretty sure the problem is not coming from Mayhem.

In my experience, being friend with another race is not that hard at all. That's why I did the bounties system, because it's an easy was to improve your reputation. In early games, I never use SCH because it's too expensive. With my Easy Connect script, it's way better to manage vanilla hubs. Also, Teladis are neutral to everyone ; that means that if you play Teladi, you will also be neutral to everyone.

So yeah, if you absolutely want a Headquarters, or SCHs, make Argons and Terrans your friends. The challenge of Mayhem is also in that. I won't give you any friends.

When you conquer a sector for you, it costs you reputation from ALL races of the universe. You cannot capture a sector for your race, only for you, and I find it obvious that other races don't like that (as said in the message you receive when you do such a thing). Also remember that stations will be automatically built in player sectors, so there's a serious benefit from capturing your own sectors, and that needs to come with a cost.

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Wed, 23. Dec 15, 03:57

Thanks for your reply.

1. for reputation.

I see. I got your point.
so I just went to Xenon 347 sector and defeat anything in there.
after that, my reputation quickly increased for all race except terran. :o oh, my....

2. for SCH.
for test.
I did reinstall LUV and load old LUV saves. (there are gamma lay cannon SCH also.)

a. LUV only and do not install any script and mod: gamma lay cannon SCH's Cycle time : 01:46:24

b. LUV + Mayhem 1.0 only :gamma lay cannon SCH's Cycle time : 08:52:00.
This is same in Mayhem 1.0RC.

so,
The problem you have with Saturn Complex Hubs has to my knowledge nothing to do with Mayhem, as I didn't modify anything related to weapons or SCH in this mod.
I can't believe your comment. :lol:

Actually, SCH is useful for early game profit in LUV. but now cycle time is too long. so SCH is useless in Mayhem at early game.

still, I don't know why. but I felt I have to report to you for this fact.

thanks.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”