[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

deztar
x3ap

Post by deztar » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 12:41

@Fun-X

I installed it manually and it doesn't overwrite any scripts. I just mention it because I can't be sure what's causing it.

Also, indestructible ships are vanilla bug.

Also also, my last playthrough was working fine.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 13:16

****, I'm stupid.

Your invasion is on-progress but it will take more time, as I forgot to reduce the time elsewhere in the code... i.e: you're back at 24 hour waves.

Meanwhile, grab this. That will fix the timer for the next waves.

deztar
x3ap

Post by deztar » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 14:00

Thanks a lot, but can you tell when it's coming? I ran SETA for several ingame hours (until 2-4:30) and still didn't get the 240 minute warning.

I.E is it 24 hours after the first wave (so around 2-7:30) or is it 48 hours after reaching threat 2 (2-20:20) ?

EDIT: I get it now. Reset function is called after invasion ends and if there is no targets. I must have rolled high and it's coming about 26 hours after the first wave.

I wonder, do you have a documented version of your project or did it grow organically and now it's a mess? (happens to everyone, i am sure).

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 15:49

You mean a technical document of the mod? Yeah, sure, I have nothing better to do...

You rolled at 25.56 hours.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 22:19

Mod projects (amateur software projects in general, but plenty of commercial software projects too) don't generally follow engineering practices like design, documentation, unit testing, code review, consistent coding style, etc. To go through all that requires a lot of time to learn about them, to get good at them and to apply them, and likely that's at the bottom of priorities for people that do this as a hobby, especially since that time could be used to add more features to the mod. As modding users we should be happy and thankful the mod authors are able to give us all these great mods made in their spare time that they could have used for so many other things.

All that said, the capacity to perform clean software development also largely depends on the tools available for the job, a programming language like MSCI for example would require very strict rules of conduct/coding style to be able to develop clean, scalable projects, the language itself provides few facilities to do so. In other words, just take a look at Egosoft's own scripts (wrote by people that made the game, the language and are being payed to write code), many times it's worse/more of a mess than LU code in my experience.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 09:50

Something should be done with Sanctuary job presets. I have about 30 sectors and doing the same configuration for each next sector is like nightmire. I mean that shold be save/load system - something like it is realised with courier scripts or template outfits.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 12:43

You should do an E/I in your game. You have hundreds (if not thousands) of unfinished scripts (from a previous Mayhem bug) that makes your game very laggy.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 15:04

@Jorbarbe I see that you started patching process again, just want to remind about this bug, about MLCC not sending ships which hull damage is less then 10% to repair dock.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 15:16

I changed that for a reason, I don't remember why. VincentTH? You asked for that IIRC. To consider ships "damaged" when they only have <90 % hull (instead of <100%)

I don't use MLCC myself.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 15:52

Fond it on page 187, but did not understand why he asked for it:)
I found which files were changed and where to fix it back in script editor by myself, so I dont pretend that to be fixed in patch.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 16:04

Darkternal wrote:Fond it on page 187, but did not understand why he asked for it:)
I found which files were changed and where to fix it back in script editor by myself, so I dont pretend that to be fixed in patch.
In my previous run, if you don't have enough money for maintenance, then the ships are dinged 1%. The MLCC then would not send them when you call MLCC ships (and the MLCC would not send them for repair either).

So Joubarbe makes it so that the MLCC will only send the ships for repair if the damage is 10% or higher.

The problem you complain about is that the MLCC would NOT automatically send damaged ships for repair.

They are 2 different problems.
Last edited by VincentTH on Sat, 24. Feb 18, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 16:06

Is MLCC supposed to automatically send them for repair? I don't remember having touched anything else about the MLCC (apart from unrelated menu stuff).

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 16:11

Joubarbe wrote:Is MLCC supposed to automatically send them for repair? I don't remember having touched anything else about the MLCC (apart from unrelated menu stuff).
Yes, MLCC does send ships for repair. I don't remember exactly the % threshold, however.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 16:19

Lib.Cmd.MLCC.s.retreat
Same logic for the fighters in the code below.

Same script LU:

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 16:42

VincentTH wrote:So Joubarbe makes it so that the MLCC will only send the ships for repair if the damage is 10% or higher.

The problem you complain about is that the MLCC would NOT automatically send damaged ships for repair.
May be I know english bad, but as for me - you wrote about same problem with different words. I does not complain about MLCC does not send ship damaged less 10% to repair (I cannot understand why, but so be it if it is so needed). But if it is done so then I think it would be correct if it will give those damaged ships to run commands. Now it is situation where player should manual send all the dock to repair, because those "1%" damaged ships are difficult to find, and none repaired they are unused ballast.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 17:15

VincentTH wrote:
Joubarbe wrote:Is MLCC supposed to automatically send them for repair? I don't remember having touched anything else about the MLCC (apart from unrelated menu stuff).
Yes, MLCC does send ships for repair. I don't remember exactly the % threshold, however.
Well, isn't it the same exact thing?! Now that I messed up the value, it's only sending ship to repair at <90%.

EDIT: It's going back to normal. != 100%. I should never had touched this f*cking MLCC shit.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 17:45

Darkternal wrote:
VincentTH wrote:So Joubarbe makes it so that the MLCC will only send the ships for repair if the damage is 10% or higher.

May be I know english bad, but as for me - you wrote about same problem with different words. I does not complain about MLCC does not send ship damaged less 10% to repair (I cannot understand why, but so be it if it is so needed). But if it is done so then I think it would be correct if it will give those damaged ships to run commands. Now it is situation where player should manual send all the dock to repair, because those "1%" damaged ships are difficult to find, and none repaired they are unused ballast.
The 10% or greater damage is used in preference over 1% damage, is because at 10% damage, the speed of the ship start to degrade. Also it is hard to see on the sector map the difference between 100% Hull and 99% Hull, and the user is left to scratch his head as to why the ship is not sent to battle on the MLCC Assist call.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 17:50

All files related to MLCC changes will be removed in the next Mayhem archive. It's not my place to modify MLCC. (modifying a thing here and there means that some files become dependent of Mayhem, making it very hard to mod it further - especially for the user)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 17:52

@Joubarbe,

Sorry about the MLCC mess. I understand your frustration.

Now, this fix does not seem to fix the problem of pirates spawning in the user's sector:
2.3.0 Change log:

FIX: Some ships were still spawning in Player sectors.
The Teladi took out the pirate shipyard in Nopileos Memorial, and now pirates are spawned everywhere in the user's sector.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 18:02

Pirates will rebuild their shipyard after a while. Then they'll spawn from there.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”