[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 17:15

VincentTH wrote:
Joubarbe wrote:Is MLCC supposed to automatically send them for repair? I don't remember having touched anything else about the MLCC (apart from unrelated menu stuff).
Yes, MLCC does send ships for repair. I don't remember exactly the % threshold, however.
Well, isn't it the same exact thing?! Now that I messed up the value, it's only sending ship to repair at <90%.

EDIT: It's going back to normal. != 100%. I should never had touched this f*cking MLCC shit.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 17:45

Darkternal wrote:
VincentTH wrote:So Joubarbe makes it so that the MLCC will only send the ships for repair if the damage is 10% or higher.

The problem you complain about is that the MLCC would NOT automatically send damaged ships for repair.
May be I know english bad, but as for me - you wrote about same problem with different words. I does not complain about MLCC does not send ship damaged less 10% to repair (I cannot understand why, but so be it if it is so needed). But if it is done so then I think it would be correct if it will give those damaged ships to run commands. Now it is situation where player should manual send all the dock to repair, because those "1%" damaged ships are difficult to find, and none repaired they are unused ballast.
The 10% or greater damage is used in preference over 1% damage, is because at 10% damage, the speed of the ship start to degrade. Also it is hard to see on the sector map the difference between 100% Hull and 99% Hull, and the user is left to scratch his head as to why the ship is not sent to battle on the MLCC Assist call.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 17:50

All files related to MLCC changes will be removed in the next Mayhem archive. It's not my place to modify MLCC. (modifying a thing here and there means that some files become dependent of Mayhem, making it very hard to mod it further - especially for the user)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 17:52

@Joubarbe,

Sorry about the MLCC mess. I understand your frustration.

Now, this fix does not seem to fix the problem of pirates spawning in the user's sector:
2.3.0 Change log:

FIX: Some ships were still spawning in Player sectors.
The Teladi took out the pirate shipyard in Nopileos Memorial, and now pirates are spawned everywhere in the user's sector.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 18:02

Pirates will rebuild their shipyard after a while. Then they'll spawn from there.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 18:10

Joubarbe wrote:Pirates will rebuild their shipyard after a while. Then they'll spawn from there.
OK Thanks

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 19:29

Anybody tried to make OCV O fleet in the OCV Hunter start?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 20:10

Darkternal wrote:Anybody tried to make OCV O fleet in the OCV Hunter start?
You can't, as you can't scan nor arm them. I would love to be corrected!!!

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 20:14

VincentTH wrote:
Darkternal wrote:Anybody tried to make OCV O fleet in the OCV Hunter start?
You can't, as you can't scan nor arm them. I would love to be corrected!!!
Russian hackers found the way do it without cheating:)
Last edited by Darkternal on Sat, 24. Feb 18, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 20:16

So I captured a battle group shark M1 and it has 4 NPC fighters stuck inside. How do I get them out?!

EDIT: Question resolved. Looks like they've been stuck for at least 3-4 hours now but I can use carrier command to effectively have 4 NPC fighters under my control.

angkel1111

Post by angkel1111 » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 23:12

How can I increased length for claim to ships?

4km too short :cry:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 50#4420550

Here is a reference but I didn't understand about "page 68 of file 8382".

Can anyone help me?

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 02:33

Joubarbe wrote:I changed that for a reason, I don't remember why. VincentTH? You asked for that IIRC. To consider ships "damaged" when they only have <90 % hull (instead of <100%)

I don't use MLCC myself.
Random question - if you don’t use MLCC, what do you use? I’m curious because my first OCV wave included an unexpected M7 (original message said 6 M6 and a handful of fighters) and the only way I was able to beat them was to use a OWP to distract smaller ships while having M4s with Thorn missiles strafe the frigate. If you use a different approach, I’d love to hear it - I’m anxious about the next OCV wave.

Also, when is the ocv waves content and target determined? After beating back the first at threat 6 (though I triggered the OCV message at threat 3 or so) I am considering taking another 4 sectors to blitz research on some M7s or M2s. If I do this, will those sectors be a potential target? I’d be happy to use one new sector as a bait sector, but not sure if target and size of the invading fleet is already determined right after the first attack. I lost nearly all my captured M6s in the first attack and so am trying to figure out what fleet composition I’ll need to repulse the next wave. Might need to be a heavily armed Skirnir...
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 03:05

I use ADS (link in my signature).

Target is determined when you receive the message saying where they're going to hit. The OCV wave strength is determined at the very last time; so the message can be misleading regarding fleet composition. In other words, if you increase your threat 30 minutes before the invasion, the OCV fleet will change.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 03:11

angkel1111 wrote:How can I increased length for claim to ships?

Can anyone help me?
Litcube meant 8383, which is X3\addon\t\8383-L044.xml. At the very bottom of the file: "Remote System Control Software Range".

Express44
x3tc

Post by Express44 » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 03:48

Hey Joubarbe. I’m a new player to x3 and had a quick question.

I noticed your mod has been continuously updated since litcube’s last version. Is there a reason for the lack of integration with the main mod? I noticed you disabled some features litcube added. Do you recommend new players try litcube by itself or incorporate your updates to it?

Thanks for the answers :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 03:53

Hi,

Mayhem is not a "branch" of LU, its changes were never meant to be included in LU. Some features are disabled because it's really a different approach, different gameplay. You can play Mayhem without having played LU.

LU is compatible with 3.3.

Express44
x3tc

Post by Express44 » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 05:12

Joubarbe wrote:Hi,

Mayhem is not a "branch" of LU, its changes were never meant to be included in LU. Some features are disabled because it's really a different approach, different gameplay. You can play Mayhem without having played LU.

LU is compatible with 3.3.
It’s changes were never meant to be included? If so, why was it included in the overhaul instead of being a standalone mod?

More to the point though. In what significant way is mayhem different? I noticed the 2 factions in LU are disabled, the alien invasion and some npc Corp. thus, what is mayhem about overall in comparison to vanilla and in comparison to LU? Late game what is mayhem’s challenge since these 2 entities were removed?

Again, thanks for responding to my questions :) it gives me a lot of insight

mib666007
x3tc

Post by mib666007 » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 07:50

I just saw ADS mentioned as a substitute for MLCC.

I remember using ADS before, perhaps in a mod or something. If I add it to a very established save game, will it break it?? I'm very interested in adding it in

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 09:04

@Express44: I see LU as the new X3 vanilla. LU modifies some hardcoded stuff. I see no point playing X3AP today without LU, so I built my mod on top of it.

@mib666007: Why would ADS break your current savegame...? Of course it's compatible with your current game.

angkel1111

Post by angkel1111 » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 09:52

Joubarbe wrote:
angkel1111 wrote:How can I increased length for claim to ships?

Can anyone help me?
Litcube meant 8383, which is X3\addon\t\8383-L044.xml. At the very bottom of the file: "Remote System Control Software Range".

Thank you. Panda :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”