[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 18:43

Hector0x wrote:
Tenlar Scarflame wrote:I'm a little lost on how to acquire ships and stations in the Sanctuary-less starts, though, besides claiming abandoned vessels. Any guidance you can offer?
You get your sanctuary for free by claiming a sector. In contrast to the normal game it takes a little while to get off the ground because you have no people, no food, no building material and you need to build a research station first to be able to research some vital blueprints.
Second hand TS ship deals and corporation "steal" missions are your friend in this phase. But yeah, claiming abandoned ships is your most important way to get ships up to M6 early on. Be sure to map out the hot zones.
Aaaaaaah, I see. So you're more or less limited to the itinerant life until you find / "create" a place to settle. :D Thanks for the clarification.

I'm currently working on figuring out the data scanner - at the moment, I can't get it to do the trick. I've brought the scan target's shields down super low and riding his bumper while I scan, but no dice. My research station still shows "progression locked" though, as I haven't progressed very far yet... does the data scanner rely on that being unlocked? Any other guidance yall can offer there?
Joubarbe wrote:FYI, Mayhem contains a malware that erase your hard drive if you play too much vanilla.
Worth it :thumb_up:
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 19:18

Tenlar Scarflame wrote:
Hector0x wrote:
Tenlar Scarflame wrote:I'm a little lost on how to acquire ships and stations in the Sanctuary-less starts, though, besides claiming abandoned vessels. Any guidance you can offer?
You get your sanctuary for free by claiming a sector. In contrast to the normal game it takes a little while to get off the ground because you have no people, no food, no building material and you need to build a research station first to be able to research some vital blueprints.
Second hand TS ship deals and corporation "steal" missions are your friend in this phase. But yeah, claiming abandoned ships is your most important way to get ships up to M6 early on. Be sure to map out the hot zones.
Aaaaaaah, I see. So you're more or less limited to the itinerant life until you find / "create" a place to settle. :D Thanks for the clarification.

I'm currently working on figuring out the data scanner - at the moment, I can't get it to do the trick. I've brought the scan target's shields down super low and riding his bumper while I scan, but no dice. My research station still shows "progression locked" though, as I haven't progressed very far yet... does the data scanner rely on that being unlocked? Any other guidance yall can offer there?
If you're playing the normal start, the scanner will get unlocked as the story progresses yes.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 19:18

Tenlar Scarflame wrote:My research station still shows "progression locked" though, as I haven't progressed very far yet... does the data scanner rely on that being unlocked? Any other guidance yall can offer there?
On normal gamestart it's locked until you venture out further into the gameworld. (story/tutorial progress)

Edit: Sirrobert we're bonded somehow :lol:

Trying to make the post useful again:

@Joubarbe: When a marine has reached fighting 100 and the autolevel speciality is changed, the small amount of points that usually get dumped into fighting is left over to be assigned manually. I'd be less micromanagement if the points would all go into the new skill when fighting is already maxed out.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 19:35

Roger that, I'll exercise some patience then. Thanks for the guidance folks. ^^
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Lucassl
x4

Post by Lucassl » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 20:31

Will the new version revert all the weapon changes or only damage? I really enjoyed the increased range and speed

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 21:17

Lucassl wrote:Will the new version revert all the weapon changes or only damage? I really enjoyed the increased range and speed
Range and speed stay, damage goes.

Quixotic-Neutral
x3tc

Post by Quixotic-Neutral » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 06:22

I'm so conflicted.... I want to play... but 2.6.2 looks gooooood and will need a new game..... O.o

GriwMF

https://ibb.co/mkUfTK

Post by GriwMF » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 14:32

Hello, Panda. Shouldn't blueprint receiving be more noticeable? At least in the report, or even in the messages. I was really surprised having Mandalay reseached in my game and spent like half an hour to figure out. Thanks

here is what I have
https://ibb.co/mkUfTK

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 15:28

I've added a message box. But that still won't go into the summary section, as it's not as easy to add it there.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 20:10

WDYT about being able to select a standart paint job for all new ships?

Or a random one. I want my rainbow Ocelot pack.

asik99

Post by asik99 » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 05:45

request

ship equipment OCV scanner perk

like data scanner , only work with player pilot ship, need to press a button to scan the area

scan the area sector where the ship at.

ps:
suggestion: a good weapon loadout for my Valhalla

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 12:54

asik99 wrote:request

like data scanner , only work with player pilot ship, need to press a button to scan the area

You have to conquer the universe in order to discover OCV stations. Deal with it. It would make the game too easy.

asik99 wrote:ps:
What is wrong with Valhalla at the moment?

asik99

Post by asik99 » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 14:38

Fureimuu wrote:
asik99 wrote:request

You have to conquer the universe in order to discover OCV stations. Deal with it. It would make the game too easy.

asik99 wrote:ps:
What is wrong with Valhalla at the moment?
because right now im roleplay to have only 1 sanctuary, 1 sector and only fly starter ship [OCV hunter scenario]

if the next update will have victory achievement after finishing story , i guess the story is defeating OCV ?, than it is impossible to achieve victory scenario with my current playstyle

because i dont know what good weapon loadout/setup

i have medium experience with x3 ap, my best play is buying kyoto.. thats it

i'm newbie with LU mod

ps:
the lu weapon hull and shield DMG is same as this site ?
http://blubb.najut.org/x3/lu/lasers_en_lu.html

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 14:47

-if the next update will have victory achievement after finishing story , i guess the story is defeating OCV ?, than it is impossible to achieve victory scenario with my current playstyle

In mayhem you have to have multiple sectors, otherwise you'll have no supplies / ammunition / weapons / other equipment. About that change - Joubarbe could explain. I've never been that far into the story.

-because i dont know what good weapon loadout/setup

i have medium experience with x3 ap, my best play is buying kyoto.. thats it

i'm newbie with LU mod

You are new to LU, but already flying a Valhalla? Interesting. Like any other Terran / ATF capitals, you load it with PSPs in front, left and right bays, and some anti-fighter weapons in up, down and back bays (I prefer FBCs).

-the lu weapon hull and shield DMG is same as this site ?

As of 2.7.0 yes, but now the balance is different. 2.7.0 will make the damage values the same as vanilla LU, except for increased distance and bullet speeds.

Chre903
x3tc

Post by Chre903 » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 15:00

I absolutely love mayham, i have to say. It feels like the game i always wanted x to be. So i would like ask of some features and changes that would make the experience even better.

Better Perk explanation. I dont know how the 2.6.2 changes look, so you might already have implemented them. When i got the Goner Temple Perk, i just didnt know what it does. After building it, i would love to know if it stacks with the Max. Population Perk (it does not). Same for the OCV Scanner, how big is the range? All ship building Perks, do they affect all stations or just this one? A little bit more of a explanation to Perk effect would be great.

Offload all other wares from Sanctuary. Instead of setting all wares to be distributed to another Sanctuary, add "Distribute all Wares" as option. The Dock agent would filter out all wares that are "acquired" ship them out. I cant set all Lasers or Missles to be shipped to my HQ, that would a lot of work. Disassembling Ships or Mining adds a ton of items as well which are just a hassle.

Template outfitting Orbital Weapon Platforms. Sorry, this might be just me not figuring the commands out. The Only command to outfit a OWP always wants to buy the items. It would be just great if it would take only weapons from homebase and tell me what is missing, instead of going of and buying me poor.

Jump to station, unload wares and go home. Just a little command that would make life a bit easier but might not be worth the effort. All these commands already exist, and i keep having a ship full of crap that i want offloaded, so i keep using these 3 commands so a combined command would be great. (The suggestion 2 up would reduce this by a lot aswell)

Disassembling Sili-/Oremines kill the Asteroid. Having reached the point, where i can use the Plutarch Tractor Beam, i would love to change my systems around, but removing mines kills the Asteroid. Since there are finite, i just cant get myself to pull the trigger on them. Sakura Complex Hubs do it great, they can spit them back out. Depending if / how hard it would be, would it be possible to use SCH to build mines and complexes?

And lastly Use SCH to build complexes. It is a little annoying to always have to be in the sector to build my Cahhonas. And having 12 Cahhones complexes in a Sector is just ... bad looking. This is probably my most "first world problems" suggestion, so dont put too much thought into it :p

I love this mod and these are some small suggestion and some need a lot of effort to do, but i wouldnt stop playing if i have to keep giving my TS 3 commands instead of 1.

(PS: Currier unload all mining products? No?)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 16:44

Jump to station, unload wares and go home.

The Courier can save a list of commands. That's typically what a Courier is used for. If you have to manually do that on a regular basis, you're doing something wrong. Same for most suggestions: there's enough stuff in there to help you out. Lot of commands, lot to learn.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 16:59

Have you tried the new trans-orbital accelerators in Intruder start @Joubarbe? I suppose they are a big thing in that one ...

Also have you ever considered making a random spawn point for Intruder, or at least a couple of sectors to pick from? (US Kappa is too far away from my points of interest)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 17:16

What would be the problem with the trans-orbitals and the Intruder gamestart?

(Intruder should spawn randomly, agree) (EDIT: done)

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 17:36

Joubarbe wrote:What would be the problem with the trans-orbitals and the Intruder gamestart?

(Intruder should spawn randomly, agree) (EDIT: done)
Not a problem, but a blessing. Previously because of that lack of jumpdrive you were extremely limited in terms of where to place your first sector (in my games OCV would wipe 7-9 consecutive sectors, leaving no factories to buy resources from), but if TOAs connect different parts of the galaxy (not too far, but some considerable distance), this would help a lot during early game.

Seloune
x4

Post by Seloune » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 18:30

Hello here! :)

Sorry for this stupid question but what is utility of a TL ship in Mayhem please?

It is only for Tug?

Thanks you and sorry for my english ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”