[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 16:44

Jump to station, unload wares and go home.

The Courier can save a list of commands. That's typically what a Courier is used for. If you have to manually do that on a regular basis, you're doing something wrong. Same for most suggestions: there's enough stuff in there to help you out. Lot of commands, lot to learn.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 16:59

Have you tried the new trans-orbital accelerators in Intruder start @Joubarbe? I suppose they are a big thing in that one ...

Also have you ever considered making a random spawn point for Intruder, or at least a couple of sectors to pick from? (US Kappa is too far away from my points of interest)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 17:16

What would be the problem with the trans-orbitals and the Intruder gamestart?

(Intruder should spawn randomly, agree) (EDIT: done)

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 17:36

Joubarbe wrote:What would be the problem with the trans-orbitals and the Intruder gamestart?

(Intruder should spawn randomly, agree) (EDIT: done)
Not a problem, but a blessing. Previously because of that lack of jumpdrive you were extremely limited in terms of where to place your first sector (in my games OCV would wipe 7-9 consecutive sectors, leaving no factories to buy resources from), but if TOAs connect different parts of the galaxy (not too far, but some considerable distance), this would help a lot during early game.

Seloune
x4

Post by Seloune » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 18:30

Hello here! :)

Sorry for this stupid question but what is utility of a TL ship in Mayhem please?

It is only for Tug?

Thanks you and sorry for my english ;)

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 18:41

Seloune wrote:Hello here! :)

Sorry for this stupid question but what is utility of a TL ship in Mayhem please?

It is only for Tug?

Thanks you and sorry for my english ;)
Your sanctuaries have limited storage - use TLs to store more. They can also be used as mobile mining bases. Also a good way to transport materials to your new sanctuaries.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 20:07

As mini-carriers also.

Trans-orbitals are not random. They connect strategic adjacent sectors. Even though some are not really "adjacent", but with a distance of several sectors between. eg: Unknown Sector Nu and Emperor's Pride.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 20:19

I will have to study that closely, I like the idea. I'm not sure if I have the right picture in my head right now.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 20:30

Question marks indicate that a connection can be made. 33% chances for each connection.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 20:51

Joubarbe wrote:Image

Question marks indicate that a connection can be made. 33% chances for each connection.
Imagine TOAs could be randomized and their models replaced with wormholes ... GENIUS

P.S. I hope to see a setting in the config file that creates all the connections, not a random number :)

asik99

Post by asik99 » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 02:53

Fureimuu wrote:

-because i dont know what good weapon loadout/setup

i have medium experience with x3 ap, my best play is buying kyoto.. thats it

i'm newbie with LU mod

You are new to LU, but already flying a Valhalla? Interesting. Like any other Terran / ATF capitals, you load it with PSPs in front, left and right bays, and some anti-fighter weapons in up, down and back bays (I prefer FBCs).

i tweak a little the research and rep exp companies mission

manage to get ATF to 1000 rep

thanks, for the weapon setup

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 04:42

asik99 wrote:
Fureimuu wrote:

-because i dont know what good weapon loadout/setup

i have medium experience with x3 ap, my best play is buying kyoto.. thats it

i'm newbie with LU mod

You are new to LU, but already flying a Valhalla? Interesting. Like any other Terran / ATF capitals, you load it with PSPs in front, left and right bays, and some anti-fighter weapons in up, down and back bays (I prefer FBCs).

i tweak a little the research and rep exp companies mission

manage to get ATF to 1000 rep

thanks, for the weapon setup
Keep in mind that in 2.6.1 lasers are specialized, PSPs in fact are anti-hull meaning they deal little shield damage, but tear through hulls extremely quickly. In 2.7.0 things will change a lot.

Chokeslam
x3ap

Post by Chokeslam » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 20:57

This may involve way too much effort to be plausible, but have you considered using an optional limited jumpdrive system like XRM? You could choose to only be able to jump to a certain few points throughout the universe.

It makes the location of your sectors much more important, makes you put more thought into travel and supply lines, and makes a trip to the other end of the universe actually longer than a trip one sector over.

I could see something like that causing a lot of problems with several things, but I don't really understand the inner wo
rkings well enough to know just how much of a job it would actually be. Just a cool idea that felt worth mentioning.

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 22:11

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 02:53

So what exactly will require a new start to implement in 2.7.0?

I'm loath to restart my Argon Ally game if the only thing I'll be missing is the new sector connections. I have to get past the mid-game in at least one of my games!!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 03:04

Jonzac wrote:So what exactly will require a new start to implement in 2.7.0?

I'm loath to restart my Argon Ally game if the only thing I'll be missing is the new sector connections. I have to get past the mid-game in at least one of my games!!
You don't need to start a new game in 2.7.0. Yeah, new sector connections, that's pretty much all. And the factory support stat, and the fact that you'll need to reperk all your sanctuaries (they're all automatically reset). In other words, you'll be able to continue your game.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 03:23

Sighs.

That means a new start. Going to try and be aggressive this round. I think I could handle a threat level 4 or 5 th first wave. Especially if I don’t use the ally start

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 08:03

What?

Is my English that bad?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 09:13

Those TOA's are probably only useful in early game or with disabled jump drive gamestarts.

Not worth to start all over again if you already have your basic shipbuilding infrastructure imho. (they all have JD out of the box)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 09:21

... and it doesn't take much time to reperk your Sanctuaries. Besides, the script that resets the perks now shows you your previous perks in your message log.

Trans-Orbital Accelerators are essentially here to make the invasions a little more random. I've created connections at strategic places in order to see different expansions from a game to another (because AI can only invade adjacent sectors). As a player with a jumpdrive, these new gates don't change much.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”