[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Quixotic-Neutral
x3tc

Post by Quixotic-Neutral » Mon, 10. Sep 18, 23:18

I kinda like the killing spree.... so far 4 kills in a row is my best.

However, the thing I think is broken is that capping a ship doesn't give you negative rep.

As long as I don't kill any support ships, I can board other races ships with impunity, building my armada with their stolen ships while staying friends.

Pax Empyrean
x2

Post by Pax Empyrean » Tue, 11. Sep 18, 13:22

The Aamon hasn't had its shield values reduced like the other fighters; it's still got 150k. Rapier and Dragonfly missiles are far weaker than the missiles that M3s can carry, but they can't be carried by M3s.

Can anyone tell me what the effect of a Goner temple is now that it's been patched? It's not in the patch notes.

rhascar
x3ap

Post by rhascar » Tue, 11. Sep 18, 15:01

I built one and it boosted the sector to 15 factory supply and 130 population

Pax Empyrean
x2

Post by Pax Empyrean » Tue, 11. Sep 18, 15:03

Is that in patch 2.7.1 or later? The notes for that patch say that it doesn't max out stats anymore.

Is there a limit to how many sectors you can build temples in?

Thanks a million for answering my question, by the way. Trying to plan things out.
Last edited by Pax Empyrean on Tue, 11. Sep 18, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

rhascar
x3ap

Post by rhascar » Tue, 11. Sep 18, 15:04

It was after. I'm fairly sure, because I patched it to fix a crash bug.

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Tue, 11. Sep 18, 16:33

The goner temple improved the number of stations i could build in a sector from 8 to 13. The population rose from ~80 to a little bit above 100. Its a matter of random numbers now :D
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

Pax Empyrean
x2

Post by Pax Empyrean » Tue, 11. Sep 18, 17:01

Huh, okay. Thanks for the info. Can you build as many as you want, as long as you spend perks on it?

Storyjka
x3ap

Post by Storyjka » Tue, 11. Sep 18, 17:23

Pax Empyrean wrote:Huh, okay. Thanks for the info. Can you build as many as you want, as long as you spend perks on it?
Yes but remember that goner temple takes sector dock slot. Goner temple also improves research rate of sector.

Pax Empyrean
x2

Post by Pax Empyrean » Tue, 11. Sep 18, 19:17

Didn't know that. Still seems like a pretty good perk; the improved research perk just give +30 research, but extra people and extra factor slots as well as some extra research seems like a hell of a deal even with it taking the dock slot.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Wed, 12. Sep 18, 07:27

Comradeer wrote:
CHANGE: Removed Boost Extension from the game. This thing is imbalanced and only the player can use it. However, an option has been added into ...addon\t\9972-L044.xml (id: 62) to let you buy it for 1 Black crystal at your Sanctuaries.
Is this still a thing? I've been finding quite a few of them on captured Pirate M6s.
While poking around the KC I ran across the code for adding random ship upgrades to generated ships, including boost extensions. A patch could be made to take that bit out, if some other type of fix isn't already implemented.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 12. Sep 18, 08:34

I solved this issue by removing Boost Extension to every ship, through a CHANGESECTOR signal (which is triggered when a ship spawns).

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Wed, 12. Sep 18, 16:36

Hey big panda,
i think i found a little bug: If you take a look at the missions, the corporations offer you, you find the "defend" missions. The text seems to have an error, as it says "The [race] are currently invading [sector]. ..." The race is always the borons, even if its another corporation.
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

rhascar
x3ap

Post by rhascar » Wed, 12. Sep 18, 20:21

Nah, that sounds about right. ****** Borons...

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Thu, 13. Sep 18, 16:01

Joubarbe,

First of all, Wonderful mod. I've been playing since the early 1.x's.

When you put in marines that repair I pulled the marine repair and training script by Lutke and Dr. Bullwinkle, but they had one benefit that yours do not.

Automatic repair of docked ships. ie. Magnatar repairs fighters that return.

I hate to ask for features, but is that something you might consider for inclusion?

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Thu, 13. Sep 18, 16:21

rhascar wrote:Nah, that sounds about right. ****** Borons...
Its not only the borons, as i thought. There are also other races in missions of the wrong corporation. It seems like a single defend mission will be created and other ones will be copied from that one, if there is more than one defend mission.

Pax Empyrean
x2

Post by Pax Empyrean » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 20:59

I'd like to see the ability to loop production in larger increments than one at a time, even if it's just a single "loop 100" option.

Work being added on a five second interval saves CPU cycles, but it has a huge impact on productive output for small, cheap items, like missiles.

Suppose I want to make a big pile of Hurricane missiles. They take fiftyish work per missile, so any sanctuary can bang one out every production cycle, but more populated sanctuaries can't do it any faster and I end up getting about 10-12 of them per minute, no matter what. If I've got a 100 population sanctuary and improved specialization maxed out to double the production speed, I still only get about 10-12 per minute. If I make them in a batch of 100, I can make the whole batch in a little over two minutes, which increases my output by a factor of about five, but it's a hassle to work around this.

I know we have a t-file option to modify work cycle duration and can adjust the total work required for item production as well, but if that weren't taxing on the CPU then I assume it would have been done that way to begin with. Looping larger production increments gets around that, so I'd love to see it as an option.

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 08:16

Hey Joubarbe,
have you ever thought about improving the courier script? If you try to automatically transport all mining products to one sector, its really nasty to set it up. Why don't you just add a 'mineral courier' just for all of these crystals and minerals, thats easier to set up?

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 12:39

Some of the complexes such as the meatsteak complex have an L cahoona bakery (tier 2 goods) and an XL cattle (tier 1). Shouldn't it be either both L size or both XL instead?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 14:39

L cattle is not enough to provide for a 1:1 ratio.

Pax Empyrean
x2

Post by Pax Empyrean » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 15:44

I saw earlier patch notes saying that Teladianium Foundries were switched from XL to L. Why?

As it stands, if you want a sector to be able to supply its own Teladianium to build other factories, you need one Teladianium Foundry for every ~40 people in the sanctuary, so you're looking at 2-3 of these things pretty much always, which seems like a bigger support footprint than is warranted for what they get you. If you want to build your own shields, you need an ungodly number of these factories. They'd be a lot better as XL.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”