[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

rihsc102
x3ap

Post by rihsc102 » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 13:29

Loving this so far, huge improvement over vanilla LU.

After getting 2 days into a playthrough I have realised I probably need to restart as my sector planning and perk picking hasn't been great and I feel I have learned enough to vastly improve my early game :)

My only issue is the explorers.

1) They don't map out sectors properly, often only picking up one gate and no stations.
2) They sometimes get stuck in a sector when scanning asteroids.
3) They don't respect the friend / foe settings. Even with pirates / xenon set to friend, they won't go to their sectors.
4) If you send out two of them to deploy satellites at the same time they will both follow the same route and place 2 in each sector.
5) They place satellites in the middle of the sector where they are likely to get blown up (maybe this one is intended?)

Is there any way I can patch in the vanilla LU explorers? I don't want to restart until I can get them working as it makes the early game a bit of a pain.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 15:31

rihsc102 wrote:Loving this so far, huge improvement over vanilla LU.

After getting 2 days into a playthrough I have realised I probably need to restart as my sector planning and perk picking hasn't been great and I feel I have learned enough to vastly improve my early game :)

My only issue is the explorers.

1) They don't map out sectors properly, often only picking up one gate and no stations.
2) They sometimes get stuck in a sector when scanning asteroids.
3) They don't respect the friend / foe settings. Even with pirates / xenon set to friend, they won't go to their sectors.
4) If you send out two of them to deploy satellites at the same time they will both follow the same route and place 2 in each sector.
5) They place satellites in the middle of the sector where they are likely to get blown up (maybe this one is intended?)

Is there any way I can patch in the vanilla LU explorers? I don't want to restart until I can get them working as it makes the early game a bit of a pain.

1) Intentional, speeds up the process. Was changed in 2.6.0 or something, maybe even earlier.
2) Never had that issue myself, can't say anything.
3) Have you changed the setting in global section and sent it to all reachable properties? That might work.
4) This never happened to me, have at least half of the galaxy mapped, then they are unlikely to run into each other.
5) In some update they were lifted a bit (like 15 km or something). If you want more - cmd.deploysat.xml, find 2 lines with x=$x y=$y z=$z, change the coodrinates the way you want. Edit the script in-game.

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 16:00

Turmfalke2 wrote:
I have now been contact by the Markus Comperation, they told me to meet them in Y Beta. There is a ship that might be them, but when I I contact them they can't even tell me where the next shipyard is.

What am I doing wrong? The only way I could be even closer to them would consist of me boarding them.
You need to fly to the ship rather close (~2km). Then, the next step in the corporations questline starts.
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

rihsc102
x3ap

Post by rihsc102 » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 16:03

Fureimuu wrote: 1) Intentional, speeds up the process. Was changed in 2.6.0 or something, maybe even earlier.
2) Never had that issue myself, can't say anything.
3) Have you changed the setting in global section and sent it to all reachable properties? That might work.
4) This never happened to me, have at least half of the galaxy mapped, then they are unlikely to run into each other.
5) In some update they were lifted a bit (like 15 km or something). If you want more - cmd.deploysat.xml, find 2 lines with x=$x y=$y z=$z, change the coodrinates the way you want. Edit the script in-game.
3) Haven't tried that, will give it a go.
4) Sorry I meant if you start them at the same time. Not a big issue, will just wait a little before sending out a second one.
5) Thanks, that's just what I needed! I will copy over the coordinates from vanilla LU.
1) On page 351 Joubarbe said he's not sure why they aren't working. If it is intended then personally I much prefer the old way. Do you know which file I would need to replace with an older version?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

After further investigation the asteroid scanners get stuck when they dock somewhere. I have copied over Cmd.ScanAsteroids.xml from vanilla LU and set all races to "friend" and they seem to be working fine now.

I copied over Cmd.ExploreUniverse.xml from vanilla LU and they are now mapping out sectors. They are also respecting the friend / foe settings.

Copying over Cmd.DeploySat.xml didn't seem to work, they just say there are no more placements available. I will have to edit the coordinates.

Thanks for the help!
Last edited by rihsc102 on Tue, 18. Sep 18, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 16:22

Betelgeuse97 wrote:I noticed that the old trick of delaying the second+ sector until day 2 doesn't work anymore. When was this changed? I noticed I got the OCV coming in 6 hours into day 2 right when I got threat level 2 (had 1 sector on day 1 only).
What message did you get? How long did it say it will be until the OCV shows up?
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 16:28

Sirrobert wrote:
Betelgeuse97 wrote:I noticed that the old trick of delaying the second+ sector until day 2 doesn't work anymore. When was this changed? I noticed I got the OCV coming in 6 hours into day 2 right when I got threat level 2 (had 1 sector on day 1 only).
What message did you get? How long did it say it will be until the OCV shows up?
The OCV should come every 20h, if i remember it correctly. You can look at the t-file to see (and change) this setting.
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

Turmfalke2

Post by Turmfalke2 » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 17:51

Retrox wrote:
Turmfalke2 wrote:
I have now been contact by the Markus Comperation, they told me to meet them in Y Beta. There is a ship that might be them, but when I I contact them they can't even tell me where the next shipyard is.

What am I doing wrong? The only way I could be even closer to them would consist of me boarding them.
You need to fly to the ship rather close (~2km). Then, the next step in the corporations questline starts.
No success with that. At 95 meters my camera clipped into the ship, at 93 I collided with it. I suspect there mus be another condition, maybe a certain amount of reputation with the corporation? I have sofar avoid their quests, because I can't handle the fleets of major races yet.

E: Ok I am stupid. There was an m7 parked right behind the gate and I thought that was them. I didn't expect them show up in a small tp just barely out of scanner ranger.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 19:15

Turmfalke2 wrote:I didn't expect them show up in a small tp just barely out of scanner ranger.
What else would a rich guy travel in?
TPs are limousines.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 22:35

Sirrobert wrote:
It was the first OCV tutorial message given 10 hours after starting a new game. It said something like the OCV would come 24 hours after getting the tutorial message and being at least threat 2 by then.

Turmfalke2

Post by Turmfalke2 » Wed, 19. Sep 18, 22:23

How do you effectively attack another race/wage war? MLCC commands seems to completely ignore stations and deal terribly with enemy reinforcements.

I have tried jumping in, using MLCC for the initial fight and the using the fleet invade sector command, but that command then call the damaged MLCC ships back into the fight while letting perfectly fine ships jump out so they may fly in from a gate.
Also I have lost far to many ships to defenceless stationary targets, is it that difficult to park in front of a station and just shoot it?

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 01:00

Turmfalke2 wrote:How do you effectively attack another race/wage war? MLCC commands seems to completely ignore stations and deal terribly with enemy reinforcements.

I have tried jumping in, using MLCC for the initial fight and the using the fleet invade sector command, but that command then call the damaged MLCC ships back into the fight while letting perfectly fine ships jump out so they may fly in from a gate.
Also I have lost far to many ships to defenceless stationary targets, is it that difficult to park in front of a station and just shoot it?
I call in the MLCC when I pull a lot of ships near me, hit the go order and let it kill ships. As soon as the ships are gone, I call for a retreat.

If there are other ships in the sector I jump or wait for them to get closer (if I don't have the capability to just kill all the ships with one MLCC command) and then call the ships back in. You have to wait/monitor which ships are ready (quantum jump drive critical for this). Then hit the GO code again.

Once the ships are dead, you can use Cntl-c, 6 "broadcast to all ships in sector", pick the line that call the ships you need...then tell them to attack a station.

Repeat until your ready to give the retreat command. You could use attack all enemies as well.

Works OOC (even better in my opinion as weapons capacity is not calculated just overall damage)

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 01:22

So just how long to sector attacks by other races last? Beat back a Yaki force and now I'm forced to sit here while they send a Chokoro, then a Senshi, then a Chokoro, then both.

For HOURS.

Check the sector list and they still are showing that they are attacking. So do I have to go kill all the Yaki around me to make this stop?

Quixotic-Neutral
x3tc

Post by Quixotic-Neutral » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 04:27

Jonzac wrote:So just how long to sector attacks by other races last? Beat back a Yaki force and now I'm forced to sit here while they send a Chokoro, then a Senshi, then a Chokoro, then both.

For HOURS.

Check the sector list and they still are showing that they are attacking. So do I have to go kill all the Yaki around me to make this stop?
They spawn from one general area. Park ships there. Kill them. Before another spawns in, shift a weapons platform there. Yawn, and then go about your business.

Oh, and then go back and scoop all the lewt.

Pax Empyrean
x2

Post by Pax Empyrean » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 09:05

Concussion Impulse Generator energy consumption is about half what it ought to be, probably from when the rate of fire was reduced by half.

They currently consume 30 energy per second, which puts their damage efficiency between Particle Accelerator Cannons and Alpha Particle Cannons, and wildly superior to other weapons of comparable performance. They consume the same amount of energy per second as Plasma Burst Generators, despite doing about 60% more damage per second.

On an unrelated note, the increase in weapon range has made bullet size a lot more important than it was before in determining a weapon's effective range against smaller targets. While on paper the Phased Repeater Gun does less than 20% more damage than the Pulsed Beam Emitter, in practice the damage difference is much larger than that against fighter sized targets until you are within about 2km. The PBE's higher bullet velocity isn't nearly as useful as the PRG's larger bullet.

If it's possible to reduce random bullet spread, that would solve the problem at long range without meaningfully altering balance at short range the way that simply increasing bullet size would do.

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 16:08

Jonzac wrote:So just how long to sector attacks by other races last? Beat back a Yaki force and now I'm forced to sit here while they send a Chokoro, then a Senshi, then a Chokoro, then both.

For HOURS.

Thats something, that should be changed in my point of view. Either they should attack in a massive force with multiple rather powerfull waves or just attack all at once. The actual system is rather boring and to be honest unlogical. Who would send multiple small ships to attack a system, if the big navy lost already and you know there are stronger ships to defend the sector?

Turmfalke2

Post by Turmfalke2 » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 18:11

While we are at it, I would like to see OCV ships fly in some kind of formation. Right now every OCV attacks is actually 3 separate attacks. First it is all the fighters and m6, then a wave of m7 followed by the captial ship wave.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Fri, 21. Sep 18, 17:20

Did you download and install the soundtrack found on the Mayhem DB site?

Storyjka
x3ap

Post by Storyjka » Fri, 21. Sep 18, 17:54

Im invading Boron sector right now.
And there is neutral station Plutarch Minning Post in it (its Argon station).
To conquer sector i have to destroy every station. When i destroy that minnig outpost i lose reputation with argon from 8 to -2.

Any ideas ?

What Argon station is doing in Boron sector wtf ? :<

Turmfalke2

Post by Turmfalke2 » Fri, 21. Sep 18, 23:13

Taking over sectors seems really janky.
I jump to the sector and do a mlcc assist call to call my fleet in. Since mlcc has no order to attack sations I now have to break the mlcc control by manually ordering each ship to attack one of the stations. Why is there no broadcast for M2 ships? After destroying the first station the argons finally realise I am attacking and they immediately fill the complete sector with ships. This "jump in" appears neither require, gates, jump beacons nor is it limited to the center of the map. I don't think it even requires them to have dock with the ships somewhere. They are just created out of thin air - in space.

At this point I am ordering my ships to return so I can recall them in an orderly fashion (can't initiate mlcc commands unless the ships are docked). By the time my slow capital ships have returned to their dock the argon fleet has despawned. I now get to destroy another station. After doing this 3 times I am suddenly greeted by a paranid fleet that decides this sector is theirs.
Why do I have to destroy every single station in sector while the other races can just destroy a couple of ships and then declare the sector theirs?

E: WTF? Inline with Storyjka issue I just had pirate owned teladi equipment dock and 2 laser towers spawn in the middle of my sector:
https://ibin.co/4GYJ3XT5jBiy.png

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

E2: sorry, also fixed the link, you forgot the [/img]

Aerithlynn

Post by Aerithlynn » Sat, 22. Sep 18, 17:22

Has anyone discovered how to repair stations? I have placed marines in the damaged sanctuary and it doesn't repair over time. I have also had marines in my M7 and told them to repair the station and they just fly around the station doing nothing. Seta for an hour and no repairs were made.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”