[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Turmfalke2

Post by Turmfalke2 » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 18:11

While we are at it, I would like to see OCV ships fly in some kind of formation. Right now every OCV attacks is actually 3 separate attacks. First it is all the fighters and m6, then a wave of m7 followed by the captial ship wave.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Fri, 21. Sep 18, 17:20

Did you download and install the soundtrack found on the Mayhem DB site?

Storyjka
x3ap

Post by Storyjka » Fri, 21. Sep 18, 17:54

Im invading Boron sector right now.
And there is neutral station Plutarch Minning Post in it (its Argon station).
To conquer sector i have to destroy every station. When i destroy that minnig outpost i lose reputation with argon from 8 to -2.

Any ideas ?

What Argon station is doing in Boron sector wtf ? :<

Turmfalke2

Post by Turmfalke2 » Fri, 21. Sep 18, 23:13

Taking over sectors seems really janky.
I jump to the sector and do a mlcc assist call to call my fleet in. Since mlcc has no order to attack sations I now have to break the mlcc control by manually ordering each ship to attack one of the stations. Why is there no broadcast for M2 ships? After destroying the first station the argons finally realise I am attacking and they immediately fill the complete sector with ships. This "jump in" appears neither require, gates, jump beacons nor is it limited to the center of the map. I don't think it even requires them to have dock with the ships somewhere. They are just created out of thin air - in space.

At this point I am ordering my ships to return so I can recall them in an orderly fashion (can't initiate mlcc commands unless the ships are docked). By the time my slow capital ships have returned to their dock the argon fleet has despawned. I now get to destroy another station. After doing this 3 times I am suddenly greeted by a paranid fleet that decides this sector is theirs.
Why do I have to destroy every single station in sector while the other races can just destroy a couple of ships and then declare the sector theirs?

E: WTF? Inline with Storyjka issue I just had pirate owned teladi equipment dock and 2 laser towers spawn in the middle of my sector:
https://ibin.co/4GYJ3XT5jBiy.png

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

E2: sorry, also fixed the link, you forgot the [/img]

Aerithlynn

Post by Aerithlynn » Sat, 22. Sep 18, 17:22

Has anyone discovered how to repair stations? I have placed marines in the damaged sanctuary and it doesn't repair over time. I have also had marines in my M7 and told them to repair the station and they just fly around the station doing nothing. Seta for an hour and no repairs were made.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sat, 22. Sep 18, 22:51

Aerithlynn wrote:Has anyone discovered how to repair stations? I have placed marines in the damaged sanctuary and it doesn't repair over time. I have also had marines in my M7 and told them to repair the station and they just fly around the station doing nothing. Seta for an hour and no repairs were made.
Your marines should be on a ship, so having them on the M7 is the first step. Next, your ship with the marines must be outside of the station. From there, command console -> special -> repair ship/station -> select damaged station/ship.

Make sure you are not in the same sector as your marines when they repair.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sun, 23. Sep 18, 06:51

Got a question about boarding.

In vanilla, it needed 2 marines to hack the core and 2 marines per pod to cut the hull. With the new boarding system, how many marines are needed to hack systems/core? How many are needed to cut hull/disable other systems (now that it uses engineering)? Obviously fighting still remains the same in that more fighting among the rest is better.

Turmfalke2

Post by Turmfalke2 » Sun, 23. Sep 18, 08:25

I am pretty sure you need just one with high hacking. I have successfully boarded M2s and even then the message log implied that is just the one marine with the highest hacking skill that takes care of hacking the core. I don't think any of the skill checks require more than one marine.

I have had one case, were the "auto-fill" decided that we don't need mechanics(?) so opening doors took longer than usual. I don't know what happens if you fail the other skill checks, especially the last hacking one.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sun, 23. Sep 18, 08:41

Turmfalke2 wrote:I am pretty sure you need just one with high hacking. I have successfully boarded M2s and even then the message log implied that is just the one marine with the highest hacking skill that takes care of hacking the core. I don't think any of the skill checks require more than one marine.

I have had one case, were the "auto-fill" decided that we don't need mechanics(?) so opening doors took longer than usual. I don't know what happens if you fail the other skill checks, especially the last hacking one.
I checked the boarding report and it also says the same thing. Out of curiosity, where is the code that handles this?

Another question: I'm doing the main plot and I am asked to do this:
Spoiler
Show
Part 2 of the main plot asked me to kill 3 M6.
Does boarding the 3 M6 count as 3 kills toward the plot or do they have to be killed outright?

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Sun, 23. Sep 18, 08:58

Spoiler
Show
You need to kill some Sector Invader M6. I think boarding them wont count.
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 23. Sep 18, 21:19

Betelgeuse97 wrote:Does boarding the 3 M6 count as 3 kills toward the plot or do they have to be killed outright?
Why don't you board a few and see if it accepts that? And if not, kill 3 more.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Mon, 24. Sep 18, 19:56

Sirrobert wrote:
Betelgeuse97 wrote:Does boarding the 3 M6 count as 3 kills toward the plot or do they have to be killed outright?
Why don't you board a few and see if it accepts that? And if not, kill 3 more.
I tried just last night. Turns out boarding 3 does not count as 3 kills. :(

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 24. Sep 18, 20:49

Well, it's not like killing 3 M6s is hard.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

stardiis

Post by stardiis » Tue, 25. Sep 18, 03:20

Jonzac wrote:Did you download and install the soundtrack found on the Mayhem DB site?
That worked. Thank you. The installation instruction I found did't mention the soundtrack pack, so I ignore it at first.

Cyres
x4

Post by Cyres » Tue, 25. Sep 18, 10:11

This seems to be a huge mod. Is there a description somewhere besides the few sentences on moddb? A list, what have changed or sth. like this?

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Tue, 25. Sep 18, 10:31

In-game encyclopedia.

Turmfalke2

Post by Turmfalke2 » Tue, 25. Sep 18, 12:34

I just had argon invade one of my sectors, after the initial big fight they are now sending jumping in an m2 + some m6/m7 every 5 minutes. Is this supposed to work like this? These jump ins also seem to be not bound by any jump gates so I can't even try block them of with some owp.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 25. Sep 18, 13:00

Ideally, a complete overhaul of the invasions would be needed. Right now, they jump into the sector they're trying to invade. They don't spawn out of thin air though. They are built by shipyards, then sent to the invaded sectors.

Destroying the source shipyard or waiting ~4 hours is currently the only way to stop the invasion.

Turmfalke2

Post by Turmfalke2 » Tue, 25. Sep 18, 18:04

well f*** me..
Could you make them jump in near a gate? I guess I will have to look for that shipyard, should be easier to kill their ships there.

E: Ok managed to defend my sector with 2 m2 and then took the rest of my fleet to their shipyard, while another m2 of mine had to fend some random m2+something patrol.

E2: Also what is the deal with station spawning? Now an NMMC Mining Output guarded by 3 pirate lasertowers spawned in my sector.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”