[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 6. Jun 17, 17:23

A Russian who speaks better French than English; are you from the 18th century?

Mr.YaR
x3ap

Post by Mr.YaR » Tue, 6. Jun 17, 20:07

Nah, don't have any elixir de jouvence in my Sanctuary | 45483

But back to nos moutons: would research costs be hard to implement?
I'm thinking about digging around to do it myself(for myself at least).

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 6. Jun 17, 20:36

Anything you want to implement into Mayhem will have its share of difficulty. Mayhem is about more than 150 scripts, and I barely remember what I did. And as a developer, I hate when I have to dig into other people code. So yeah... Good luck.

Mr.YaR
x3ap

Post by Mr.YaR » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 21:31

Well... 150... I'll think twice before starting digging anything.

At what point mayhem isn't compable with IEX? The map?
What if i don't care about having some text messed up? Still incompatible?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 23. Jun 17, 16:27

A while ago, somebody talked about implementing a screen that lists all Sanctuaries and Research stations. So I plan to extend the player console in the next version:

It should be helpful :)

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 10:26

Liking this mod... makes things certainly a lot more... interesting.

One strange issue though... is mayhem supposed to rebuild npc sectors?
Because for example the first OCV invasion completely nuked Black Hole Sun and now it is over a (game time!) week later and there is still not a single new station in there.

And there are plenty other sectors down south and east that suffered a similar fate thanks to Yaki and/or Xenon... wiped once, races do manage to take sectors back eventually but they then stay empty (of stations) forever?
This actually makes taking over such sectors for myself a bit... well... too easy?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 11:39

That shouldn't happen, I'll look into it.

(and Mayhem 2 is 1 year old today!)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 12:09

Hmm wait... You mean only Yaki and Xenon sectors feel empty? Both respectively only build a shipyard and a Xenon station.

Please upload your savegame anyway.

EDIT: I just changed how things work. In 2.10, Yakis will autopopulate their sectors with Argon stations, and Xenons will build more than one Xenon station. But I still don't get how some Commonwealth sector do not autopopulate in your game.
(I made a lot of changes for the 2.10, see the changelog)

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 16:57

I think he said that sectors that were cleared by Yaki, Xenon and OCV (by capturing the sectors), are still empty after the sectors are taken back by Commonwealth races.

So the result is an empty Argon sector.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 18:35

Sirrobert wrote:I think he said that sectors that were cleared by Yaki, Xenon and OCV (by capturing the sectors), are still empty after the sectors are taken back by Commonwealth races.

So the result is an empty Argon sector.
This.

The OCV wiped Black Hole Sun (all stations dead) but they did not capture the sector, it remained Argon owned. OCV then moved out, destroying everything in their way and eventually got dealt with by races military. OCV never captured any sector at all and there have been several OCV waves by now.
The Argon do not rebuild anything in Black Hole Sun, only destroyed military ships move back in and then... nothing.

Xenon and Yaki wipe and capture all right. Xenon always build their sphere-shaped station, Yaki build only a shipyard if they not have yet enough of those.
The issue appears to be that after a wiped sector is recaptured by one on the commonwealth/Terran/ATF races (or is just wiped with no ownership changes), they rebuild nothing.

For example the Yaki wiped and captured a lot sectors in the SE from the Borons and by now most of them got captured by ATF/Terran... but all those sectors remain completely empty, nothing gets rebuild in there, ever.
Same has happened with several Split/Teladi sectors on the far east side... Xenon wipe and take, Split/Teladi retake some of them later but again nothing gets rebuild.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 19:17

Hmm ok, thanks for the report.

I think I'm going to change the Autopopulate script and force it to populate all sectors, except those that are at war, and invaded by OCV. I don't know why I chose to populate sectors only in certain conditions... That's the magic of going back to old code.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 21:13

To save performance? I don't know if it does.

Also happy birthday Mayhem 2
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 21:51

No it does not. It was to keep the universe "vanilla-like" and create a sense of realism, in a way that factions would build stations only if certain conditions were met. Maybe it was a good idea at some point, now it isn't, and I just rewrote the whole thing. Autopopulate is now independent and looks at sectors one by one.

"Realism"... Sometimes you just think too much of that little thing. At the end, it's all about making things believable instead of realistic. We have a word in French, it's "vraisemblable"; meaning "seems to be true" (and it's not, and it's good).

But I digress, it was a sh*tty script.

kolimbo
x4

Post by kolimbo » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 22:28

Is there no way to tune engine/rudder of claimed ships?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 23:11

Yeah, I'll make something.

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 09:46

Is there a way to obtain crystals (red, blue, ...) other than their purchase?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 10:46

Sure, mining. In Mayhem, mining is really rewarding.

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 14:06

> All your sectors can support a limited number of stations, as well as only 1 Sanctuary (your HQ/Shipyard/Dock Equipment) and 1 Research station.

How many?

kolimbo
x4

Post by kolimbo » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 14:44

Joubarbe wrote:Sure, mining. In Mayhem, mining is really rewarding.
Isn't mining limited? You eventually run out of asteroids do you not?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 14:51

@Reaper507: Go into the Ministry of War screen. Each sector has different statistics.

@kolimbo: Miners mine debris. And, well, if you run out of them, please come back again and tell us about it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”