[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 00:38

I have been thinking about dock agents. While I love being able to set some to buy, some to sell, some to supply, and some to gather, I can't help feeling it would be a bit more efficient if the "supply" and "gather" commands could be combined into a single "supply/gather" command. As it stand, I have a supply ships which takes resources, like energy cells, out to a factory, but does not bother taking any of the products back to the sanctuary. Or a gather ship which goes out empty from the sanctuary to get goods, when it could be doing double duty by taking some e-cells to drop off at the station first.

Another thing I miss is tractor beams. I would love to be able to haul some of the high-yield ore or silicon mines in my sectors a bit closer to the sanctuary, to reduce freighter transit times and make my operation more efficient. Why were they taken out our LU in the first place?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 05:28

Falcrack wrote:I have been thinking about dock agents. While I love being able to set some to buy, some to sell, some to supply, and some to gather, I can't help feeling it would be a bit more efficient if the "supply" and "gather" commands could be combined into a single "supply/gather" command. As it stand, I have a supply ships which takes resources, like energy cells, out to a factory, but does not bother taking any of the products back to the sanctuary. Or a gather ship which goes out empty from the sanctuary to get goods, when it could be doing double duty by taking some e-cells to drop off at the station first.

Another thing I miss is tractor beams. I would love to be able to haul some of the high-yield ore or silicon mines in my sectors a bit closer to the sanctuary, to reduce freighter transit times and make my operation more efficient. Why were they taken out our LU in the first place?
I believe you have mistaken. It's LU that took out the tractor beam, and replaced it with the Plutarch Tractor System. The Plutarch TS is still in MayHem, but the good thing is that you can craft it, instead of forking 38MM to buy it as in LU!!!!

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 17:14

Ok i know why my ST was idle, the problem was not supported script, after made EI everything seems be ok.

Edit: Weird, trader make one course, and dock to station and now is again standby. Now i dont know what i can do more. Ane ideas? It make scan of trade routes but after that still is standby.

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 20:57

Szynszyl wrote:Ok i know why my ST was idle, the problem was not supported script, after made EI everything seems be ok.

Edit: Weird, trader make one course, and dock to station and now is again standby. Now i dont know what i can do more. Ane ideas? It make scan of trade routes but after that still is standby.
What is your reputation with the race that owns the sector you are trying to run your ST? If you rep is too low the stations won't allow your ST's to dock and they will go idle until rep. increases.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 21:47

VincentTH wrote: I believe you have mistaken. It's LU that took out the tractor beam, and replaced it with the Plutarch Tractor System. The Plutarch TS is still in MayHem, but the good thing is that you can craft it, instead of forking 38MM to buy it as in LU!!!!
I was aware that it was LU that took out the tractor beam. I just miss it because buying a tractor beam and towing and asteroid is a lot less expensive!

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 00:35

Shepp wrote:
What is your reputation with the race that owns the sector you are trying to run your ST? If you rep is too low the stations won't allow your ST's to dock and they will go idle until rep. increases.
I have lvl 4 of argon rep and it is argon sector. I can dock on their stations. My ST is idling in their ore mine

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 02:05

Falcrack wrote:
VincentTH wrote: I believe you have mistaken. It's LU that took out the tractor beam, and replaced it with the Plutarch Tractor System. The Plutarch TS is still in MayHem, but the good thing is that you can craft it, instead of forking 38MM to buy it as in LU!!!!
I was aware that it was LU that took out the tractor beam. I just miss it because buying a tractor beam and towing and asteroid is a lot less expensive!
Then blame Litcube, not the Panda :-)

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 03:07

Ok ST, and DA dont work. I think that any trade automation dont work. Probadly i have broken installation. But i want to know, that after made new clean installation and import my empire via E/I it will work?

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 04:08

I don't use ST or UT, so can't comment.

I use Dock Agent a great deal, and it seems to work just fine. You just need to set it up.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 10:42

Ok now i solve my problem it was a bug. I start new game without unsupported scripts and ST work perfectly. Thx all for help. Another question. How increase capacity of resource on sanctuarium? DA until it reach capacity (1000) and i need more to build stations.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 10:43

Szynszyl wrote:Ok ST, and DA dont work. I think that any trade automation dont work. Probadly i have broken installation. But i want to know, that after made new clean installation and import my empire via E/I it will work?
Stupid question, but do you have satellites or any other kind of property in the sectors? I have noticed that if I put an ST in a sector with no other player property in it, they tend to do one run and then stop.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Nefasi
x3tc

Post by Nefasi » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 11:26

Zaitsev wrote:
Szynszyl wrote:Ok ST, and DA dont work. I think that any trade automation dont work. Probadly i have broken installation. But i want to know, that after made new clean installation and import my empire via E/I it will work?
Stupid question, but do you have satellites or any other kind of property in the sectors? I have noticed that if I put an ST in a sector with no other player property in it, they tend to do one run and then stop.
Litcube has traders respect player property in sector. Get a satellite in there, preferably to see all the gates so the ship doesnt run into trouble.

The wiki here "http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... _UniTrader" has more information about the features in litcubes. There are a few differences that Panda has made, such as rewards from mining being higher (no, i dont recall if its throughput or higher percentage of minerals/crystals), and dock agent changes (no level system).

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 14:22

VincentTH wrote:
Falcrack wrote:
Then blame Litcube, not the Panda :-)
I didn't blame "The Panda". Did you read my post?

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 14:48

How increase capacity of resource on sanctuarium? DA buy resources until it reach capacity (1000) and i need more to build stations.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 15:00

Nefasi wrote:
Zaitsev wrote:
Litcube has traders respect player property in sector. Get a satellite in there, preferably to see all the gates so the ship doesnt run into trouble.

The wiki here "http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... _UniTrader" has more information about the features in litcubes. There are a few differences that Panda has made, such as rewards from mining being higher (no, i dont recall if its throughput or higher percentage of minerals/crystals), and dock agent changes (no level system).
Ok im stupid, i send ST to sector without satelites, then it wasnt a bug lol :P I was thinking that UT work that same like in Vanilia :P

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 15:00

Szynszyl wrote:How increase capacity of resource on sanctuarium? DA buy resources until it reach capacity (1000) and i need more to build stations.
Got to Sanctuary Manager, Stockroom, then capacities page. Make sure the ware you want is not in the "unassigned tab". Select it using the up and down arrow keys, npt the mouse, or it will simply click it back into the unassigned tab for whatever reason. Once it is an assigned ware, press the right or left arrow keys to increase or decrease the capacity. I also like to enter in higher values for increments, so before I adjust the capacities, I will type "100" or "1000" so that it goes up and down by those increments. To remove your increment selection and go back to an increment of 1, press backspace.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 16:56

Falcrack wrote: I didn't blame "The Panda". Did you read my post?
This is your post verbatim:
Falcrack wrote:
I thought you mean "Why were they taken out __OF__ LU in the first place?"

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 17:05

Next question, how to connect 2 station into complex like in vanilia?
Last edited by Szynszyl on Fri, 13. Oct 17, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 17:48

Szynszyl wrote:Next question, how to connect 2 station into complex like vanilia?
You can't. From the first post:
Joubarbe wrote:Saturn Complex Hubs and normal ones have been completely deactivated.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 17:55

Ah sorry my mistake

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”