[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sat, 14. Apr 18, 21:55

*whine loudly* Mah immersion!

Well, its your mod, if that change makes sense to you and would be beneficial, no reason to complain.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 14. Apr 18, 22:00

If that was the case man, I wouldn't ask for your opinion :)

What I'm seeing is that Trading stations sell shit you never buy, because you don't need it. And harder gamestarts can be pretty hard if you don't have a bit of luck to find the needed crafting materials. So I think there's nothing to lose, and there's something to gain from that change. But maybe some of you will see something I don't. A bad consequence for instance.

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Sun, 15. Apr 18, 01:56

Excellent mod Joubarbe, thanks for making it.

Is there a way to craft jump beacons?
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 15. Apr 18, 05:06

No, but I could add it. For 1 Black Crystal maybe.

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Sun, 15. Apr 18, 05:40

Joubarbe wrote:No, but I could add it. For 1 Black Crystal maybe.
Yes please, that would be ideal.

Edit: or equivalent value of something slightly less rare?
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 15. Apr 18, 16:20

idea:
New option in the "ware" section of the "register" job tab. The game creates the specified job for all wares of the selected category. For example "all shields" will create six jobs at once (each for every shield in the game)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 15. Apr 18, 18:36

Damn, I've just spotted (and fixed) a major bug: factions don't build new shipyards... And I thought Mayhem 2 was pretty much over!

... so if you wonder why there's no action in your late-game, wait for 2.3.9 :)

I'll release the Intruder gamestart with the No Jumpdrive feature as well. I find it very fun and different to play. The universe feels much bigger, with the obligation to have forward bases and defensive fleets all around. Everyone won't like that, so everything is optional (even the Random trading station thing, although this one is on by default - gives much more meaning to exploration IMO).

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Mon, 16. Apr 18, 10:58

What exactly is the use of Safe Sector for the player other than the sector always belonging to him? If everything is destroyed in the safe sector, it's not of much use to keep ownership.

Or is a safe sector a lower priority target for attacks?
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 16. Apr 18, 12:14

You cannot be invaded by the OCV, and cannot be attacked by other factions. And if everything is destroyed, well, just rebuild?

EDIT: The documentation has been updated. In your current version, OCV can actually capture safe sector, which is a bad thing...

antb15
x3tc

Post by antb15 » Mon, 16. Apr 18, 13:03

Looking forward to trying this no jump drive option. I've always thought ship speed meant very little because of the jump drive.

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Mon, 16. Apr 18, 18:55

Joubarbe wrote:You cannot be invaded by the OCV, and cannot be attacked by other factions. And if everything is destroyed, well, just rebuild?

EDIT: The documentation has been updated. In your current version, OCV can actually capture safe sector, which is a bad thing...
I see, alright.

For the No Jumpdrive plans you have for the next version. My opinion is that the possibility to teleport to any ship is too cheaty (assuming we are talking to any owned ship in the entire universe).

Having no jumpdrive on all ships is really interesting as it would add a lot of strategy to any playthrough. But for the player (assuming there is no teleportation) it would mean a more tedious game.

For me, the No Jumpdrive on all player ships except his main ship is something I would find more interesting and playable. But probably not feasible.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 16. Apr 18, 19:07

Yeah, teleportation is a little bit borderline... But the gameplay without that and no jumpdrive would be boring as hell. Besides, there's some magic in the lore of X3 (Sohnen are supposed to have invisible stations), and with the Transporter Device, we know that teleportation is doable in this galaxy. So, yeah, "borderline", not cheaty :) (and again, this is optional and off by default).

ok, cheaty if you want, who cares?

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Mon, 16. Apr 18, 19:17

Alright, looking forward nevertheless.

Here is a small bug report:
When a station is ready to be built in a sanctuary (100%), the sanctuary does not produce energy cells as long as the player hasn't placed the station.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Mon, 16. Apr 18, 23:56

Question about rebuilding shipyards:

Let's say the Pirates have two sectors left and one shipyard (so that's 1 core and 1 border sector). If I kill the last shipyard, will they rebuild the shipyard in core sectors only or in border ones too?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 01:51

It's the other way around. Core and border sectors are defined by shipyards. If a shipyard is destroyed, its sector will eventually becomes a border one. Core sectors always have one shipyard.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 05:04

Joubarbe wrote:It's the other way around. Core and border sectors are defined by shipyards. If a shipyard is destroyed, its sector will eventually becomes a border one. Core sectors always have one shipyard.
What I also would like to ask (still unsure) is if I take out all the core sectors and claim them for myself, would that mean that race effectively has no more shipyard to rebuild?

Edit: I just updated my 2.3.8 game to 2.3.9 and noticed that the Pirates built a shipyard in a border sector! Looks like that answers my own question now.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 08:27

changelog wrote: FIX: Critical bug where the factions would never build new shipyards.
FYI, that critical bug was also the cause of all the chaotic pirate / xenon raids spawning from nowhere.

antb15
x3tc

Post by antb15 » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 10:43

Confession: I've been playing in 'idiot mode' where I forgot to rename 10.dat ect, despite the super clear instructions. I just thought it was normal to have to use 600 research points and 100k maintenance on a single ts. Everything else was working fine, so I didn't pick up on it. And here I was giving advice to a new player.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 13:25

Everything else was not working fine. Trust me :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”