[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 01:51

It's the other way around. Core and border sectors are defined by shipyards. If a shipyard is destroyed, its sector will eventually becomes a border one. Core sectors always have one shipyard.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 05:04

Joubarbe wrote:It's the other way around. Core and border sectors are defined by shipyards. If a shipyard is destroyed, its sector will eventually becomes a border one. Core sectors always have one shipyard.
What I also would like to ask (still unsure) is if I take out all the core sectors and claim them for myself, would that mean that race effectively has no more shipyard to rebuild?

Edit: I just updated my 2.3.8 game to 2.3.9 and noticed that the Pirates built a shipyard in a border sector! Looks like that answers my own question now.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 08:27

changelog wrote: FIX: Critical bug where the factions would never build new shipyards.
FYI, that critical bug was also the cause of all the chaotic pirate / xenon raids spawning from nowhere.

antb15
x3tc

Post by antb15 » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 10:43

Confession: I've been playing in 'idiot mode' where I forgot to rename 10.dat ect, despite the super clear instructions. I just thought it was normal to have to use 600 research points and 100k maintenance on a single ts. Everything else was working fine, so I didn't pick up on it. And here I was giving advice to a new player.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 13:25

Everything else was not working fine. Trust me :)

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Wed, 18. Apr 18, 05:32

Back on shipyards again. At the beginning of the game, each race had about 4-5 shipyards. It's now 5 days into the game and with 2.3.9 I notice that each race now has at least 10 shipyards. Is there a cap as to how many they can build?

I'm at threat level 50 at that point.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 18. Apr 18, 08:38

Wow threat 50... Congrats.

Limit is 12; minimum is 6, all editable in the t file. It also depends on the player threat; if you have 7, it won't go above this value.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 18. Apr 18, 16:10

* Rage quits *

If someone manage to survive day 2 as Intruder, please let me know! :)

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Wed, 18. Apr 18, 17:55

Give sanctuaries a special one time EMP action that destroys all other stations, halves all sector stats, only leaves one perk permanently, but bails all ships IS instantly 8)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 18. Apr 18, 18:32

The thing is that the difficulty in Mayhem is very pernicious. When you lose, it's not that obvious, and it's not something you can fix by loading the last savegame... You messed up on the long term.

Damaging sector stats and destroying stations mean that you have to rebuild everything, and eventually you will have to retry the same thing, but with a shittier sector.

I know that I've lost because pirates kill 3 of my main TS, and OCV is coming hard. Losing TS full of cargo with the no jumpdrive option on is quite devastating.

But it's the hardest gamestart and my early-game wasn't optimal.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 03:45

I believe the shipyards re-spawn too fast in 2.3.9.

When the player attack a Terran/ATF shipyard, the player needs to be doing it out of sector. The reason is the Terran SY is huge, and a lot of ships would die during the attack - that is if it can attack at all because of the size of the SY preventing the ships to get within gun range (with no opposition). The problem is, as soon as the SY is destroyed, a new one is regenerated even before the player jumps in!!!!!

The problem also exists with Commonwealth SY (especially the Paranid), but to a lesser extent.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 08:38

Yep there's a check for the other autopopulated factories: when the player has a fleet in the sector, it doesn't do anything. I'll add that check for the shipyards as well.

Ophidian

Post by Ophidian » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 15:40

I like the idea of having different wares at the docks.

It makes it more viable to play the AT WAR WITH THE WORLD starts where
you need teladiadium and you're at war with the Teladi and can't get a start.

Also, on another note - Do any of the docks restock? I find that they typically
just sell out and never get restocked by traders or any other system. There isn't
a single Teladi station with teladiadium. They're all sold out.

I think the NPC's quickly race to deplete those docks to fill trade orders and
more or less leave them barren or something.

I don't need those products anymore in this current game but there was a
moment where I was like "Damn, I can't just import this stuff anymore. I
need a factory for it".

I'm not sure if this is intentional but it makes me want to quickly move out and
capture every missile available or Gauss cannon. I think I've already drained
every Gauss.

Further, on the takeover / construction of a sector should the NPCs produce
trading stations as well? It seems they make a poor effort in terms of building
to take over a sector. They drop a few random stations and move on.

Thanks for the mod, It's giving me something to play until X4 is released.

I'm hoping I have the time to write my own mods of X4. I really disliked the
X:R system of doing things. So much so I played less than 10 hours and quit.

I have high hopes for X4 and if they don't deliver I expect a full mod crew to
fufill those hopes. :wink:

O

Edit: One other question. Is the M4 ATF Hel supposed to be unscannable? I tried
and got a security error when trying to scan it. Is this normal for ATF ships? I have
to acquire them via the market or something?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 16:29

The dock storage should spawn out of thin air. There was a global shortage when Jouby reduced maximum storage in previous versions.

The Hel problem sounds like you already failed to scan this individual ship and got locked out forever. Try a different Hel.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 16:43

A question on Random Trading stations - does this affect Terran stations as well? If yes, this makes Terran-only playthrough much more viable, but if no, is it possible to change this?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 16:53

Joubarbe wrote:Yep there's a check for the other autopopulated factories: when the player has a fleet in the sector, it doesn't do anything. I'll add that check for the shipyards as well.
Thanks!!!!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 17:11

Shuulo wrote:A question on Random Trading stations - does this affect Terran stations as well? If yes, this makes Terran-only playthrough much more viable, but if no, is it possible to change this?
Affects USC Orbital Support Stations only. Not the other one.

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 20:10

Joubarbe wrote:* Rage quits *

If someone manage to survive day 2 as Intruder, please let me know! :)
Not me.
I tried it for an hour, thought it was tedious but interesting.
Built a sanctuary, saw the OCV spawn everywhere. Nope, not for me.

I returned to my OCV hunter game and ejected the jumpdrives from all my ships except the player ship. It's very interesting.

The thing is with the no jumpdrive option is that several features become obsolete. Like reapers, MLCC (?), universal traders, capturing bailed ships (since there are the other corporations claiming them). Too much for me.
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 20:28

This No jumpdrive feature is not really serious in the current state of Mayhem. To be acceptable, I would need to rethink several parts of the game. But still, I'm surprised to see that I enjoy it in its very simple implementation. Not having to wonder about fuel and e-cells is a delight!

The OCV's global invasion in Intruder does not last very long (they eventually get killed by all military and battle group ships). It creates a very chaotic early-game, and luck is an important part of success in this gamestart...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”