[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Thu, 16. Aug 18, 14:39

tatakau wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure. I usually have 24 IC and 24 PALC on my OWPs, and it's never crashed because of that.
You have some strange OWPs ... I always thought it can only carry 4 PALCs in the back. Side bays only support TBCs / CFAs / GCs / etc. , no? Talking about Large OWPs.

"There seems to be a bug with my Deimos. There isn't a command for collecting all marines. I was able to do it in an M6. Not sure if it's M7s.
Should probably finish my post before posting..."

Yeah that thing exists and I'm pretty sure it's a vanilla bug. Ares has no pickup commands as well.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 16. Aug 18, 17:19

Fixed. Vanilla restrictions indeed (not a bug). I don't see the point.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Thu, 16. Aug 18, 17:26

@Joubarbe, don't you think adding more weapons support for OWPs would be a good idea? For example if you are roleplaying a Terran / ATF, you can't use their weapons on OWPs.

I also don't understand why CFAs are supported, but FAAs aren't. Doesn't make much sense unless there is some "historical background" to that.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 16. Aug 18, 17:29

Agree. Will do.

Update on the OWP crash: I'm under the impression that it happens when a heavy gun with drawback effect (vs TS and smaller) manage to push back the ship into the gate. I also notice that the crash occurs when drones have been launched.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Thu, 16. Aug 18, 18:05

Hey @Joubarbe! I'm giving Mayhem a try, and so far I'm enjoying what I'm seeing. I'm a little lost on how to acquire ships and stations in the Sanctuary-less starts, though, besides claiming abandoned vessels. Any guidance you can offer?
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Thu, 16. Aug 18, 19:51

You can still buy used ones, but make sure to have high enough reputation with the seller's race. Also check the ship compendium, because the prices of ships have changed (in case you played Litcube's Universe before and remember the original values).

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Thu, 16. Aug 18, 20:20

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 16. Aug 18, 20:32

FYI, Mayhem contains a malware that erase your hard drive if you play too much vanilla.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Thu, 16. Aug 18, 20:57

Joubarbe wrote:Update on the OWP crash: I'm under the impression that it happens when a heavy gun with drawback effect (vs TS and smaller) manage to push back the ship into the gate.
For what it's worth, I wasn't able to push ships and get them to jump through gate portals in vanilla or Mayhem in some quick tests; the ships would just pass through to the other side. Non-player ship jumping might be explicit in the autopilot routine, with portal collision generally disabled. This would be consistent with autopilot being a workaround for the occasional bug where the player ship cannot manually collide with portals in a sector.

Argustone
x3ap

Post by Argustone » Thu, 16. Aug 18, 23:29

Combining asteroids is still possible. You need the Plutarch thing.
Every time I attempt it I just get 'no target'. I'm doing something wrong I suppose. I can move the asteroids.

@Tenlar Scarflame
You can't buy/produce stations without a Sanctuary. Some sectors are unclaimed, Some are set by default 'Unknown' there's also a set amount of sectors per each race that are unclaimed.
As far as ships, Satellite networks will help a lot here finding abandoned ships.
You can produce your own ships via the sanctuary. Takes some time/research.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 16. Aug 18, 23:33

Argustone wrote:
Combining asteroids is still possible. You need the Plutarch thing.
Every time I attempt it I just get 'no target'. I'm doing something wrong I suppose. I can move the asteroids.

@Tenlar Scarflame
You can't buy/produce stations without a Sanctuary. Some sectors are unclaimed, Some are set by default 'Unknown' there's also a set amount of sectors per each race that are unclaimed.
As far as ships, Satellite networks will help a lot here finding abandoned ships.
You can produce your own ships via the sanctuary. Takes some time/research.
Did you pick a valid asteroid as a target?
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Argustone
x3ap

Post by Argustone » Thu, 16. Aug 18, 23:37

What is considered a valid asteroid?
Edit: No meme speak.

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 04:29

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 17:14

Tenlar Scarflame wrote:I'm a little lost on how to acquire ships and stations in the Sanctuary-less starts, though, besides claiming abandoned vessels. Any guidance you can offer?
You get your sanctuary for free by claiming a sector. In contrast to the normal game it takes a little while to get off the ground because you have no people, no food, no building material and you need to build a research station first to be able to research some vital blueprints.
Second hand TS ship deals and corporation "steal" missions are your friend in this phase. But yeah, claiming abandoned ships is your most important way to get ships up to M6 early on. Be sure to map out the hot zones.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 17:31

Vanilla LU salvagers are gone in 2.6.2 which is HUUUUGE. No more "here is your free TS, but it gets stolen by some stupid Kestrel roaming in the sector".

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 18:43

Hector0x wrote:
Tenlar Scarflame wrote:I'm a little lost on how to acquire ships and stations in the Sanctuary-less starts, though, besides claiming abandoned vessels. Any guidance you can offer?
You get your sanctuary for free by claiming a sector. In contrast to the normal game it takes a little while to get off the ground because you have no people, no food, no building material and you need to build a research station first to be able to research some vital blueprints.
Second hand TS ship deals and corporation "steal" missions are your friend in this phase. But yeah, claiming abandoned ships is your most important way to get ships up to M6 early on. Be sure to map out the hot zones.
Aaaaaaah, I see. So you're more or less limited to the itinerant life until you find / "create" a place to settle. :D Thanks for the clarification.

I'm currently working on figuring out the data scanner - at the moment, I can't get it to do the trick. I've brought the scan target's shields down super low and riding his bumper while I scan, but no dice. My research station still shows "progression locked" though, as I haven't progressed very far yet... does the data scanner rely on that being unlocked? Any other guidance yall can offer there?
Joubarbe wrote:FYI, Mayhem contains a malware that erase your hard drive if you play too much vanilla.
Worth it :thumb_up:

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 19:18

Tenlar Scarflame wrote:
Hector0x wrote:
Aaaaaaah, I see. So you're more or less limited to the itinerant life until you find / "create" a place to settle. :D Thanks for the clarification.

I'm currently working on figuring out the data scanner - at the moment, I can't get it to do the trick. I've brought the scan target's shields down super low and riding his bumper while I scan, but no dice. My research station still shows "progression locked" though, as I haven't progressed very far yet... does the data scanner rely on that being unlocked? Any other guidance yall can offer there?
If you're playing the normal start, the scanner will get unlocked as the story progresses yes.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 19:18

Tenlar Scarflame wrote:My research station still shows "progression locked" though, as I haven't progressed very far yet... does the data scanner rely on that being unlocked? Any other guidance yall can offer there?
On normal gamestart it's locked until you venture out further into the gameworld. (story/tutorial progress)

Edit: Sirrobert we're bonded somehow :lol:

Trying to make the post useful again:

@Joubarbe: When a marine has reached fighting 100 and the autolevel speciality is changed, the small amount of points that usually get dumped into fighting is left over to be assigned manually. I'd be less micromanagement if the points would all go into the new skill when fighting is already maxed out.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 19:35

Roger that, I'll exercise some patience then. Thanks for the guidance folks. ^^

Lucassl
x4

Post by Lucassl » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 20:31

Will the new version revert all the weapon changes or only damage? I really enjoyed the increased range and speed

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”