Xenon Q OOS fix for x3tc?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Eightbal1
x4

Xenon Q OOS fix for x3tc?

Post by Eightbal1 » Tue, 11. Aug 15, 11:50

I hear a lot (of what I also have discovered) about how invincibly overpowered the Xenon Q is in OOS combat. It's true. I've tried to use cheats to stop Q patrols from Xenon sectors by adding Large Orbital Weapon platforms and M1 or M2 ships with compliments of 5-6 heavy M6s, but they just don't last long. Even one Q can take out 4 weapons platform s and 2 Split Raptors.

So far I haven't found very many solutions to this other than suggestions to jump into the sector and fight it in its blind spot. While this is certainly doable, it leaves a huge hole in the game for me (that of having my fleets do things for me while I'm away on other missions). I can't always babysit my sectors (as I'm spread out with complexes in various corners of the universe). I like this game a lot, but this seems to be a glaring problem.

SO has there been any success at scripts which nerf the Q's OOS power? Or is there a decent strategy that I can use besides having to come in to deal with it?

I'll repost the best advice I've found, but its just about how OOS combat works:
•TC and AP are different. In AP capital ships can apparently target multiple opponents (deal with fighter swarms appropriately)
•Faster ship shoots first
•Bigger shields is better than anything else. Many ships fall to a Xenon Q in the first round of OOS combat.
•Ammunition-based weapons are not appropriate for OOS (used a whole crate per turn in Terran Conflict, this might have changed in AP.
•Fighter shield regeneration hardly matters in OOS. Go for max shielded fighters (Teladi Falcon Hauler, Aamon prototype, any Terran M3)
* the only ships that are guaranteed to survive the first hit from a Q are the Osaka and Tyr.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Tue, 11. Aug 15, 13:10

The non mod way is 2 x Tyr or Osaka loaded to the gills with PSP, 1 set to defend the other. Survive the first Q shot then 1 shot the Q. Problem solved. :twisted:

As long as it is always OOS, the Tyr / Osaka won't need anything other than PSP. Biggest shields and biggest guns is king in OOS combat in TC.

Set up a satellite network. CAG / CLS in particular will check and not travel if there is danger near by.

Eightbal1
x4

Post by Eightbal1 » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 09:23

Oh, that's not bad. Expensive and difficult to attain, but I like that work around. Thanks for the tip, especially for the defending each other thing. I also happened to find another solution (maybe not as good). If one overwhelms the Q with sudden numbers by launching a fighter attack of say 20 assorted fighters from a large Teladi Carrier, that also seems to do the trick, though it is not guaranteed to be without losses and there is always the chance that the carrier gets hit before it can launch.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”