X3R Stations

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Blinx2510

X3R Stations

Post by Blinx2510 » Thu, 13. Aug 15, 17:58

I was just wondering what would be a good first station and where, im working towards being able to do the bala gi research missions and have heard i need a station and obviously would like to make some money as well. also, where would be the best place to put my first station? i've just passed the mission where the paranid decide they hate humans and youre not allowed in their sectors. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 13. Aug 15, 18:31

At some point during this plot you will need to buy a second station and I think it needs to be Argon. So it is probably worth your first station being able to support the Argon economy as well in case there are any race rep requirements for the second station (sorry, I cannot remember if there are).

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 14. Aug 15, 07:23

Wheat farm in Argon prime is a safe bet as a starter station. Gives a steady income as wheat is always in demand in that region.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 14. Aug 15, 11:36

How much cash have you got? As soon as I could afford it first build for me in many games was often a small drone production complex.

Found it very handy to have a reliable supply of drones, so I could consider them disposable assets, not need to bother collecting them after a fight & never worry about how I was going to obtain enough to equip all of my freighters. They also sell quite well, with numerous trade stations all over the universe which want to buy them.

Pair of Drone Factories + Silicon Mine + M class Massom Mill & Scruffin Farm costs roughly 10 million (including the cost of CCKs & a freighter to fetch energy cells).

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 14. Aug 15, 18:58

Know thyself and know thine enemies ...

The market.
There are wares that are consumed as primary resources.
There are wares that are consumed as secondary resources.
There are wares consumed by Docks.
There are wares bought by NPC.
There are wares used by the player.

Primaries have large price range, but they are consumed only when the Factory isn't halted. NPC Factories depend on external trade ships. NPC traders are inefficient.

secondaries have lower profit and slower but steady consumption.

Wheat Farm is cheap and both Argon and Boron use wheat, both as primary and secondary. However, the profit is not huge per hour.

How about Teladianium in Queen? Trade range 2 jumps.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”