You press a key and it gets repeated forever.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Fraggle Rock
x3tc

You press a key and it gets repeated forever.

Post by Fraggle Rock » Sun, 16. Aug 15, 23:07

This is a problem I had once in a blue moon, but now it is happening every five minutes I play X3TC.

TAB is fine plus the directional keys to push my ship in different directions.

But the QWERTY keyboard is totally affected.

I push . to get the sector up. It keeps repeating. I push , to get the galaxy up and it keeps repeating.

I push Shift J to get the jump drive going and it keeps going around the galaxy to show all the systems starting with J.

Then I push K and it will repeat to ad nauseum.

So if I push one key on the QWERTY keyboard once, it will keep repeating.

this used to happnen one in a while but now in my game of X3TC it happens every few minutes. It comes and goes.

I kept my game going and that is what happened.

Please any help to salvage my X3TC game is much appreciated :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 16. Aug 15, 23:13

Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Fraggle Rock
x3tc

Post by Fraggle Rock » Fri, 21. Aug 15, 00:01

Thank you for your reply.

It sounds to me like you have identified the bug in this game which I am suffering from.

Only problem is I play this game through Steam so I launch this game through their portal.

If you can help me with a way to make your solution fit with the Steam portal, I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 21. Aug 15, 00:12

Launch options can be set by right-clicking on the game in your library, selecting Properties and clicking on the 'Set launch options' button in the General tab. There you can enter the -ignorejoy parameter.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 21. Aug 15, 10:29

Further, if it is only a recent or intermittent problem using the same hardware then the chances are that you can avoid it by recalibrating your joystick or controller thumbsticks, or maybe by resetting their deadzones. Alternatively cleaning up any grease or dirt crusts around buttons and sliders that tend to stick sometimes works too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”