[X3:AP] Unaffiliated ship

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jimmy C
x3tc

[X3:AP] Unaffiliated ship

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 23. Aug 15, 19:55

In my current game, I managed to get the Yaki not completely angry at me, so I have a chance to improve my reputation with them.
So, there I was in Senator Badlands when I saw a Mammoth flying around. What caught my attention was that its designation was simply "Mammoth" with no race affiliation, its ID code was just TLxx-xx. Piloted by "unknown object" Another weird thing was its info screen had no speed listed, at all. Yet it was going at 29ms when I saw it.
Has anyone else seen anything like this before?
I'm certainly going to try to capture it. But at the time I discovered it, I hadn't even started buying marines yet. This will take a while.

Edit: That was disappointing. I did a quick test, used the TP I had rather than buy an M7M to do it properly. It rejected the Board Ship command used on the Mammoth. It didn't have a problem going after other ships in the sector.
I wonder if I can force the pilot to bail. Seems unlikely...

Edit2: I remembered where the Mammoth came from! I took a courier mission that had me get the goods from that Mammoth in sector. So this is what happens to the ship after the mission.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 24. Aug 15, 11:39

Jimmy C:

This is not uncommon where a ship generated for a mission has not been deleted from the game by the games AI.

If I recall correctly such ships can't be boarded.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 24. Aug 15, 15:12

Don't hate on the unknown, they are a legitimate race!
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 24. Aug 15, 17:14

There's probably no other stations in the sector so that's how they give you missions. You can kill the Mamm but you can't board it with anything. You'll see this in Gaian Star too. It's just asking for it, too. Too bad.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 24. Aug 15, 20:00

Yes, I figured that out. I got another Courier from Mammoth mission. This place is going to get filled up if they don't give me some station building missions soon.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”