X3AP [SPOILERS] Will the upgrade obtained during Shady Business work?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

[SOLAR]INFERNO
x4

X3AP [SPOILERS] Will the upgrade obtained during Shady Business work?

Post by [SOLAR]INFERNO » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 18:43

Will the Detector Scanner upgrade used to find the Dragon work outside the mission (I haven't completed the mission yet) to detect other randomly spawned, abandoned ships? I'm holding off on completing the mission for now as if it does, I'd like to use it to help me locate some of the abandoned ships as they'd be nice additions to my fleet. I am aware that the upgrade does exist to work all the time after the mission is complete, but for now I'd rather stay in vanilla as I'm still missing a few achievements. If anybody is able to answer my question, it'd be much appreciated. :)

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 18:49

I think you will find that is plot related only, and only works during various parts of the plot. You can check your game controls interface.

I am certain you will find you cannot apply a control key to it, even after completing the plot.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 18:51

[SOLAR]INFERNO wrote:Will the Detector Scanner upgrade used to find the Dragon work outside the mission (I haven't completed the mission yet) to detect other randomly spawned, abandoned ships?
No, it won't. It also only activates at key intervals during the plot, so using it outside the defined plot scenes or areas is most-likely not possible.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

[SOLAR]INFERNO
x4

Post by [SOLAR]INFERNO » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 19:01

Aw, that's a pity. Thanks for your help guys. Perhaps I'll install the scanner mod when I feel satisfied with my stats/achievements.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”