[MOD] Skunk Overhaul

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 23. Sep 15, 12:16

On the off chance it is helpful to mention, the existing beta has a change to the mechanic to the Skunk's beam weapon.
CBJ wrote: • RC 2 Fixed beam weapons not heating up over time (now with initial heat on first firing, feedback welcome).
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=355582

IIRC, the change was introduced in RC2 and the updated in RC3. Related file changes for all RCs:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=376956

xrook

Post by xrook » Wed, 23. Sep 15, 12:22

i tried to do the same thing aswel with this mod, instead having 2-3 beam shots and instantly overheat, i increased reload speed and decreased heat & damage per shot

but i hope they did a better version compared to what i did since thats the only thing i changed in that macro

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 23. Sep 15, 12:29

Due to beta-testing I had not tried your mod yet but nice idea to change that weapon.

The way it is working in the beta is that it is now a kind of hybrid between the old laser heating (leaps in heat gain) and the mechanic for other weapons (progressive heat gain).

When opening fire now, there is still an initial jump in heat (didn't measure but ~15-20% of the bar) and then it increases progressively while continuing to shoot. If stopping and starting, each re-fire has the initial jump. So basically, it retains a penalty on re-firing but then heats up in a fashion consistent with other Skunk weapons.

xrook

Post by xrook » Thu, 24. Sep 15, 14:17

found a bug, i cant buy the archangel engines, the 'buy' is grayed out

anyone know why?
__
EDIT: nevermind... im an idiot, i just lacked the funds to buy it

xrook

Post by xrook » Thu, 24. Sep 15, 23:25

wew finally updated the OP info on weapons

Version 1.35
-added additional thrusters to archangel engine
-changed ambient sound of archangel engine
-adjusted performance of archangel engine
-reduced size and repositioned launchers to finally get rid of that clipping
-fixed archangel MD not cueing
-adjusted heat/cooling ratio of pulse maser line
-increased plasma repeater's overheat capacity
-reduced plasma repeater's heat
-reverted plasma cannon's bullet speed to vanilla
-slightly reduced plasma cannon's damage

xrook

Post by xrook » Fri, 25. Sep 15, 16:21

Version O1.02 (optional files)
found another workaround to replace cockpits without having to start a new game, , just redock to a station and all will be fine

-please delete 'Plot_ep1_ch1.xml' inside the MD folder of my mod
-please delete 'gamestarts.xml' inside the libraries folder of my mod

xrook

Post by xrook » Fri, 25. Sep 15, 22:50

w.evans wrote:
xrook wrote:im incapable of doing that since scripting is beyond my reach

EDIT: the thought occurred to me, maybe someone who knows scripting could modify the script of the engineer where instead of replacing the cockpit, they could just replace the entire ship instead
Took a look, don't think it's possible with your present structure since you modify the player ship directly.

If there's a way to switch to (a) different macro(s), like how the cockpit changes are handled, shouldn't be a problem to go in the engineer script, look if that engineer's ship has a subordinate foltor, and switch to the foltor.

Not familiar enough with how the player ship is handled to be able to tell how the game knows which macro refers to the player ship, though.
i finally decided to try it, and it wont work. the game can let you change 'macro' but it wont let you change 'components'

i started with the hesus (trader's cockpit), went to a mechanic to replace my hesus to the current foltor raider (fighter's cockpit) and the result is im still piloting my hesus

once you started with the ship you have, THAT will be the ship you will have for the rest of the game

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 25. Sep 15, 23:00

bugger. oh well. was worth a shot.

xrook

Post by xrook » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 01:40

Version 1.45
-fixed vanilla issue where the missile lauchers of the skunk are swapped when using the builder's cockpit
-fixed the way how plasma weapons fires alternately
-reverted Plasma Cannon line back to simultanious fire
-Plasma Cannon mk3's muzzle effect size reduced
-Plasma Cannon mk3's bullet size reduced
-CPHIVI/MA Cannon's bullet size stretched and thinned to make it look more appropriate
-CPHIVI/MA Cannon's impact effect size reduced
-3.61 compatibility for the player mk3 beam
-reduced timediff from vulcan
-reverted archangel's yaw & pitch
-adjusted poor man's drone engine
-secondary weapons during campaign will not be sold by mechanics until the player obtained their first plasma cannon
-fixed campaign issue where vanilla MD when cued, it replaces my mods ware list

Grandsome
x4

Post by Grandsome » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 23:35

Excellent mod. Is there a way for you to fusion the mod with UTpivotfix since now the cockpit is actually at the center of the ship not offset like the original. (copying my comment on the nexus)
End of Line.

xrook

Post by xrook » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 00:11

is this the mod's offset?

Code: Select all

<position x="2.136541" y="-5.27167" z="19.70758"/>
wouldnt that make the cockpit way too far from the ship?
[ external image ]

Grandsome
x4

Post by Grandsome » Wed, 30. Sep 15, 22:36

Here's a quick and dirty mspaint I made explaining what I'm talking about.
That's my ingame perspective, I might be wrong about the actual positions.

[ external image ]

Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o8nro4ppq32l ... t.png?dl=0[/img]
End of Line.

xrook

Post by xrook » Wed, 30. Sep 15, 22:43

my offset
<position x="-3.10" y="1.95" z="-0.55"/>
x -3.10 is just left of the nose of my ship
y 1.95 is above the nose because you dont want it inside of the ship
z -0.55 is to make sure it not at the tip of the nose of the ship

this should make it right at the cockpit of the foltor raider model

z = 0 means its right at the tip of the nose

while the pivot fix's z= 19 is as at the picture i shown, way too far
you dont believe me? give the 'tag laucher' the same offset as the pivot fix then look at 3rd person view

the 'current pivot' you shown me is just right because ren otani is at the left side of the ship while yisha is at the right

EDIT: you can just put x=0 so it would be at the center if it really bothers you, my mod's files isnt a cat/dat

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 30. Sep 15, 23:12

you should see the whole picture, not just a small part of it. :roll: i have moved all Components of the Skunk by exactly the same vector, so relative positions stay the same, just the pivot moves. if you only use the changed CP coordinates and not move the other parts its obvious that the CP ends up outside of the Ship :P

PS hint: there is an xsl file inside this Mod which was used to generate the related diff file - it should also work for other Variants of the Skunk if you want to move it by a diffrent vector ;) made it simply changeable because i wasnt sure if my initial vector really fits or if i would have to do it over..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

xrook

Post by xrook » Wed, 30. Sep 15, 23:19

so what you did is, made the ship cockpit offset into z19 then made the cockpit components z-19?? wouldnt that make it back to z=0??

anyway im playing MGS and my mod is not a cat/dat so he could just change the offset to yours

and if i did a compatibility patch just for your pivot fix, what about those who doesnt have that mod installed? the cockpit would be way to far without your mod

EDIT: btw you got sreanshots of your mod from the inside? what does it look like?

Reddeq
x3tc

Post by Reddeq » Sat, 3. Oct 15, 11:17

Hello, xrook. First of all, cool mod, I like it very much. But, well, I have found incompatibility with Exploration Software - I can buy software, but it doesn't appear in Skunk upgrades menu, and I cannot use it

xrook

Post by xrook » Sat, 3. Oct 15, 11:28

my mod doesnt fiddle with the software upgrade lists, only weapons, engines, and drone lists

but just in case show me your debug log

Reddeq
x3tc

Post by Reddeq » Sat, 3. Oct 15, 11:56

There's rebirth.log
Well, when I realised, that I can't install software, I tried to disable some mods, and with disabled Skunk Overhaul it works. Thanks for your help

xrook

Post by xrook » Sat, 3. Oct 15, 12:16

your log is filled with errors, cannot match files and so on... can i suggest a clean install of mods and choose only the ones thats up to date? even your teladi outpost DLC shows a 'cannot match file' error

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=370788

both mine and the exploration software suppose to have a debug text that says that they are cued, but they are not on the list

so that means they didnt cue

to create a comparison how messed up your game is here is my last debuglog http://www.mediafire.com/view/akk2d8tmy ... buglog.txt
with this much mods http://i62.tinypic.com/35am2rb.jpg

also make sure you do not rename any of the mod's folder name
Last edited by xrook on Sat, 3. Oct 15, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

Reddeq
x3tc

Post by Reddeq » Sat, 3. Oct 15, 13:06

Oh, I dont't really understand when reading this log=( But most mods I installed are in this list, and only few are not, but I tested them before starting new serious playthrough.
But I'll try to redownload some mods (2 or 3 of them have my own corrections, and maybe I broke something).
And what does it mean - "they are not cued"?=)
Sorry for bad English

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”