Invincible Terran Tokyo in the main plot?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Faros
xr

Invincible Terran Tokyo in the main plot?

Post by Faros » Sun, 6. Sep 15, 16:15

Hi,

I'm currently replaying the Albion Plot, and I'm currently after the point that I have succesfully defended the Jonferco Mammoth and the Terran Tokyo has jumped in and is being attacked by a fleet of Argon Caps.

After a missile volley the ship lost it's shields and a little bit of armor and that's it, damage stopped...

Is this just something that you have to be patient with or is this some serious bug in the game? I'm playing X3: AP version 3.1 on steam with the bonus pack enabled.

Thanks in advance!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 6. Sep 15, 19:20

Plot ships are often set to be invulnerable (their hull cannot go below 93%) while they still have a plot role to play. Try going OOS to see if the engagement breaks off - unless that breaks the plot as well.

That all said, the M2 is indeed meant to be killed by the Argon or by yourself so perhaps something has broken in your latest save. Maybe try again from a save before the Tokyo appears?

I assume this is a vanilla game?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 14:05

hi

I noticed the same thing so it appears to be normal for that ship to be flagged as invincible just fly a bit closer and you should get a message telling you to back off or the ship will kill you around that time the paranid should jump in and the invincible flag should be removed allowing the ship to be killed.

if you are trying to barrage the ship with missiles from range before that point that's never going to work because at that point in the game you aren't supposed to have an m7m yet, like me you obviously decided to do a little prep work before commencing the plot.

if the invincible flag is still not being removed even after the trigger point then there could be an issue with the game maybe a glitch caused by mods or maybe some of the game files are corrupted in either case the remedy is the same

uninstall and reinstall the game patch it but don't install any mods then load up your save and see if the issue is gone if it is then try installing your mods 1 by 1 and after installing each reload your save to see if the issue has come back

if it comes back after installing one of your mods then you will know which mod is at fault and can report the glitch if not then it was most likely corrupted game files

hope that helps

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”