X3AP Argon plot issue (Solved)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

X3AP Argon plot issue (Solved)

Post by Cursed Ghost » Sun, 6. Sep 15, 18:01

Hi all

I’m curious if you board and take over the Carrack on the last mission of the Argon plot does that break the plot and prevent it from ending because I don’t seem to be able to get it to end?

See I figured as that Carrack wasn’t shooting back that it would make easy pray for my troops that still needed combat training so I took the thing over and to the best of my knowledge the sector patrol took out the fighters however now the plot refuses to end and I’m trying to figure out if the reason is because the plot bugs if you take over the Carrack or if its just because the collision detection has caused one of the fighters to spawn hundreds of km out.

If it is just that one of the fighters has spawned really far out how the hell do I find it ? I tried putting on mission guidance to see if that would highlight the ship with the little yellow border normally on station defence missions it does but its not doing that here its only highlighting the station which isn't much help, is there some way I can temporarily remove the fog of war so I can see everything in the sector so I can look and see if the ship is in sector somewhere.
Last edited by Cursed Ghost on Sun, 6. Sep 15, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sun, 6. Sep 15, 18:28

It's quite possible a fighter spawned/launched in a distant corner off map. Are you getting the gold arrows and target for the pirates?

The collision boxes in the Albion sectors is are really large and extensive. I had a TM launch 3 fighters there and when I saw they weren't helping me in my battle checked the map and saw they were spread to 3 of the 4 winds at least 100km away from me. Fighter and drone recovery couldn't be accomplished while I was in sector so I had to figure out how to get out of sector with my TM I was piloting still in sector for recovery.

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Sun, 6. Sep 15, 19:38

Are you getting the gold arrows and target for the pirates?
No it highlights the station with the little yellow markers but not the fighters which is odd because with the generic station defence missions it will start by highlighting the station then once I get close and the enemy appear it will remove the marker from the station and begin highlighting the enemy ships but unfortunately its not doing that here which is why I’m wondering if its simply a case of the ship spawning on the outer rim way beyond my detection range or if its just bugged because I boarded and captured the Carrack

Either way I need a way to check and see if that fighter is in the sector somewhere because I cant see it and I cant find it I tried leaving the sector and then sending my spring blossom in on patrol to see if it could locate it but to no avail, talk about frustrating I do which ego would take the time to check this sort of a thing because its not the first time I've had issues with plots because they where buggy and ego didn't test them properly to make sure you cant brake them.

**Edit**

Ok well that's conclusive Ego screwed up AGAIN !!! The reason I can't find the missing fighter is because there isn't one the fighters have already been destroyed.

It seems as though Ego didn't anticipate players boarding and capturing the Carrack during the last mission of the Argon Plot and therefore failed to add a check to see if the Carrack was under player control and if so consider it destroyed for the purposes of the mission.

As a consequence if you board and capture the Carrack during the last mission of the plot then the plot will not end because the Carrack is still considered to be alive so to complete the plot you must sell the ship at which point it will be considered destroyed and the mission will complete GRRR !!!

Seriously guys come on that is a badly rookie mistake that experience programmers shouldn't be making this is why we have a thing called testing to make sure that rookie errors like this don't occur.

no matter at least I got the plot to complete so I can continue on to the other ones now.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”