Weapon Arrangements Terran Conflict

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bengunn
x3tc

Weapon Arrangements Terran Conflict

Post by Bengunn » Tue, 8. Sep 15, 17:11

I can see there are 4 alternatve weapon arrangements avaiable. Is it possible to have 4 different weapon arrangements on one ship and if so how is this done as they do not seem to alter when I try?
Ta
Live long and prosper.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Tue, 8. Sep 15, 18:27

That is for weapon grouping. If you left click on the weapons you will see a menu that lets you select the weapon for that slot (same across all four groups) and an option to add/remove from a group.

One use is putting all the weapons in group one then only having one gun in group two. This way you can use group one to take down the shields of a target then switch to group two to chip away at the hull for capturing purposes.

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Tue, 8. Sep 15, 20:08

Let's say you have 8 front weapons. You cannot use 8 weapons in group 1 and 8 other weapons in group 2. That's what I first thought but you can only split 8 total weapons over 4 different groups.

Bengunn
x3tc

Post by Bengunn » Wed, 9. Sep 15, 11:00

Thanks guys a bit of a bummer but at least I know the full SP now.
Live long and prosper.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Wed, 9. Sep 15, 17:11

VERY useful for special-purpose weapons. For example, with 8 forward guns, I may put 6 Particle Accelerator Cannons into Group 1 (main battery), put 2 IREs into Group 2 (for "teasing" bails once the shields are down), and have all 8 as Group 3 (for those occasions when something has to die RIGHT NOW!). I've also put a pair of Phase Repeater Guns on a Nova variant for their better control and accuracy, and 6xPAC for sheer damage. On my Diemos, I had a pair of Phased Shockwave Generators in one group, to erase everything (friend or foe) in a general direction, and had more conventional armaments (Flak, CIG, IBL etc.) in the remaining slots.

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Mon, 14. Sep 15, 15:33

hi

unfortunately you cant set-up different weapon presets and then switch to them unless you are using a mod

what you can do however is to equip 2 different sets of weapons and then configure it so you can switch between them this is what I do on my Hyperion group 1, 4 guns and these are usually PBGs, group 2 4 guns and these are usually PBEs and group 3 full guns when I want to fire both PBEs and PBGs at the same time and when I need long range fire I activate group 3 and then manually equip the CIGs

Weapon presets one of my many wishes for the next patch assuming it appears because it would save so much hassle and make it so much easier to used different types of weapons for different situations if you could set up and save different weapon presets

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”