[X2] Capturing Race Ships and Relations?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

immortalfrieza
x3tc

[X2] Capturing Race Ships and Relations?

Post by immortalfrieza » Mon, 14. Sep 15, 20:34

Is there any way to capture a race's ships without pissing them off? Any BBS missions where it's permitted or anything? I do know that in X3:Reunion that scanning ships with a freight scanner in pirate sectors will sometimes cause them to reveal themselves as pirates and thus become free game, however I don't think one can manually scan ships in X2.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 14. Sep 15, 21:38

You can scan ships in X2 if you have the freight scanner. As for pirate smugglers hiding in other races' ships, I don't remember that as a feature of X2. But it's been a long time since I played it, so my memory may be a bit fuzzy.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Getsune
x4

Post by Getsune » Mon, 14. Sep 15, 22:14

Nanook wrote:You can scan ships in X2 if you have the freight scanner. As for pirate smugglers hiding in other races' ships, I don't remember that as a feature of X2. But it's been a long time since I played it, so my memory may be a bit fuzzy.
You're right Nanook, the feature you described was introduced with X³: Reunion. In fact, except for the player, all factions only use their respective race ships and none of the other factions until X3R.

You can safely capture ships of the default enemy factions, which are Pirates, Xenon and Kha'ak.

Capturing ships of the major races will result in reputation loss, no matter how or where you destroy them.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”