[X3:Reunion] Some mod ideas

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

immortalfrieza
x3tc

[X3:Reunion] Some mod ideas

Post by immortalfrieza » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 18:07

I wonder if anyone might be interested in making a couple mod ideas I had, if so details below:

Player HQ station building:

The idea here is for the Player HQ to become capable of building most stations. My idea of how this would work is the player would acquire blueprints to all stations in the game including Xenon and Khaak stations and shipyards through various means, some bought, others as a drop the player could pick up for destroying those stations, but all could eventually be acquired as a reward for some of the more difficult BBS missions. Afterward the player would have to acquire resources to build the stations in the same manner ships have to, the larger the station, the more resources needed.

The player built shipyards would be special, it would basically function as a secondary Player Headquarters and thus follow all the same rules, so the player can basically set up another headquarters as resources permit anywhere they want, and then use that to build other stations.

Universal Station Ship Docking Ports
I've been looking for this everywhere but no luck. Quite simply I hate the fact that in vanilla we are unable to dock M1, M2, and any of the other massive ships anywhere but shipyards, thus making it necessary to very tediously use a secondary ship to shuttle things back and forth repeatedly to fill up these ships when there's little reason this should be necessary, made all the more annoying by the secondary ships being unable to avoid ramming said ships and probably destroying themselves if controlled by the A.I. It also doesn't make much sense as ships that big have apparently been standard for decades in the X universe if not centuries and yet they still haven't fit standardized dock ports in all stations specifically to dock these ships?

Anyway, rant over. If possible all I want is external docking ports for the bigger ships so I can dock anywhere, making things a lot simpler and less annoying.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.
Last edited by immortalfrieza on Sun, 4. Oct 15, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

Scorpionscs
x3tc

HQ and or Equipment base..

Post by Scorpionscs » Wed, 23. Sep 15, 04:15

The Teladi station would be a nice Home Base to start with.

A Very Large Equipment Base would even be nicer to have . as my wares are made , I can stock them up there , and sell from one location. It would give me a better knowledge and more useful way to keep track of sales.

I have the mod that gives you the ability to build your own Shipyard . Very helpful. did not start to build Shipyards till a had almost 2000 ships. I find it a lot better way of building cause you stock it with you Own wares. WHY we do not have one in the vanilla Game is beyond ME.

immortalfrieza
x3tc

Re: HQ and or Equipment base..

Post by immortalfrieza » Wed, 23. Sep 15, 04:36

Scorpionscs wrote:The Teladi station would be a nice Home Base to start with.

A Very Large Equipment Base would even be nicer to have . as my wares are made , I can stock them up there , and sell from one location. It would give me a better knowledge and more useful way to keep track of sales.

I have the mod that gives you the ability to build your own Shipyard . Very helpful. did not start to build Shipyards till a had almost 2000 ships. I find it a lot better way of building cause you stock it with you Own wares. WHY we do not have one in the vanilla Game is beyond ME.
This shipyard mod you're talking about, where can I find it?

Scorpionscs
x3tc

Shipyard

Post by Scorpionscs » Sun, 4. Oct 15, 09:32

I use the Player Shipyards

Author is Keriv136's

it is in Steam Work shop it is on

good luck have fun

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: HQ and or Equipment base..

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 4. Oct 15, 09:48

immortalfrieza wrote:
Scorpionscs wrote:The Teladi station would be a nice Home Base to start with.

This shipyard mod you're talking about, where can I find it?
Scorpionscs is referring to an X Rebirth (X:R) mod whereas you are interested in X3 Reunion (X3:R).

It may be worth re-wording the abbreviation in the thread title to avoid a repetition :)

Edit: X3:R is quite old now. I don't know if modders for it are active or not. If you don't get any other replies, it might be worth considering moving to X3:TC or X3:AP as they a bit more developed and definitely still have mods under development.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”