1 more qustion.... ;)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PhantomKnight4420

1 more qustion.... ;)

Post by PhantomKnight4420 » Sat, 26. Sep 15, 23:40

Not really but 1 for now, I read on some where on here that if u mixed ammo weapons with energy don't have any mods or scripts that change them, as I was saying say you mix ppc with gauss cannon, or ebc with pac would the gauss/pac , would the range increase or have any affect at all ???
thank you....ps. is there a link somewhere to see that stats of the hull packs, cuz the one offered is no longer working :(

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 27. Sep 15, 11:21

All the guns will start firing when a target is at the max range of the gun in the group/turret with the longest range, so all the shorter range guns in the group/turret may be just wasting laser energy/ammo until the target comes into their shorter range.

There are possible advantages in having a longer range weapon in a turret in that it starts the turret turning to face the target earlier than with all shorter range guns. Also a fast approaching target may be in range of the shorter ranged guns' bullets by the time they get out to their max range and so not waste laser energy/ammo after all.

Moving to Universe (vanilla gameplay) forum.

If you want to ask about a specific mod pack then ask in the appropriate mod thread in S&M and not in the base forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 27. Sep 15, 14:53

Example of advantage: Phased Shockwave Generators don't start firing until targets are well inside range. Pairing them with a Particle Accelerator Cannon will cause them to use their full range.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

PhantomKnight4420

help...

Post by PhantomKnight4420 » Mon, 5. Oct 15, 18:13

I have the bonus package installed but want to install codea and all that goes with it do I need to uninstall it and start a new game cuz it has some of the same scripts, like missqito missile , and the cag/cls and such ??
thanksa bunch...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 5. Oct 15, 21:01

You should check in the appropriate threads on the scripting and modding forum, but my first guess would be no, you don't have to uninstall the bonus pack. It's considered an official part of the game and most modders will account for it in their works. But like I said, check in the S&M forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 5. Oct 15, 22:12

No need to uninstall anything or restart your game. CODEA will be added to your current game once you go back into it.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 5. Oct 15, 22:59

Bonus Pack is fine to go in mid-game. Any newer copies of the scripts included will just write over the old ones, and shouldn't have an issue.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”