Xenon I turret control

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Xenon I turret control

Post by Cursed Ghost » Sun, 27. Sep 15, 20:43

hi all

I'm curious what turret commands would you recommend for the rear missile turrets on a Xenon I right now I have it set to missile defence and to attack m7 or bigger and I lodge it up with typhoons and moz missiles for this purpose but I'm wondering if there might be a better set up so I'm curious what other people use

Getsune
x4

Post by Getsune » Sun, 27. Sep 15, 22:35

Almost the same as you, to be honest. Firestorm and Hammerhead missiles are both too slow for me
and the Typhoons are great to distract the enemies' turrets and dealing moderate damage,
making the Xenon I all the more devastating. It's a great ship once you've been able to board one.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 20:01

Didn't use any. Never bothered using missiles, and capping the Xenon I didn't change my mind :) But I think that manual fire would be the best. Capship combat is long and slow-ish, so hopping in the rear turret for a few seconds to spam L isn't a problem, I guess.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 23:13

Not sure you can rely on the missile turrets OOS. For me only barrage worked, turret commands did not result in any damage (but i only tried with the skirnir).

If its IS, i'd probably barrage manually some heavy ones, and cover it with swarm missiles. AI does not take missile defence into account when firing missiles, and cargo space is not endless.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”