complex construction kits

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ronin677
x3tc

complex construction kits

Post by Ronin677 » Sun, 27. Sep 15, 21:17

Hi guys,

Need a little help. I've tried looking but not found the answer to my question. I am about to try to build my first self sustaining factory complex. I have created a Silicone mine and now have bought a Complex Construction kit. When I try to unload it though, it asks me to select a station to connect!!! but doesn't allow me to select anything.

How do I do this?

cheers

Jon
I think therefore I am

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Sun, 27. Sep 15, 21:38

They are used to connect two or more existing stations together that you own.

IIRC they also have to be within 25km of each other. You can also use the complex hub as a connection point. This is useful for connecting two or more complexes together that are a bit too far away to connect normally.

Basically if your mine is too far away, you have to tractor it into position.

Grape
x3ap

Post by Grape » Sun, 27. Sep 15, 21:39

CCK's need at least 2 stations to connect, So as you have dropped a silicon mine down already you now need to drop another station. Once you have done that you can then drop the CCK which will then give you the option to connect the 2 main stations and then position the docking part.

Ronin677
x3tc

Post by Ronin677 » Sun, 27. Sep 15, 23:29

Sorted, thanks :) my mine was too far away, so I moved it.

Last question guys. On my Sector may, how can I view it in the X, Y & Z planes? at the moment I can only seem to view it in the X & Y plane. I need to be be able able to see depth also.

cheers

Jon
I think therefore I am

Getsune
x4

Post by Getsune » Sun, 27. Sep 15, 23:53

Ronin677 wrote:Last question guys. On my Sector may, how can I view it in the X, Y & Z planes? at the moment I can only seem to view it in the X & Y plane. I need to be be able able to see depth also.
To change the map axis, open your sector map and press the respective key (default: Insert key).
You can switch between X/Z and X/Y.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 15:43

At the top of the sector map, there's a row of symbols, including hourglass icons with "+" and "-" to zoom in and out, and a larger "+". Clicking that larger "+" converts the vertical bar of the plus sign into a "/" and tilts the map 90 degrees. You now have a side view, and the previous north and south controls are now up and down.

Enjoy your new vertical dimension.

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 23:49

hi

try having a watch of this vid I found it really helpful when I was trying to learn how to build tidy complexes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7wMOm89P_c

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 03:30

Another little tidbit since this is your first time and it never properly gets mentioned in game, advanced satellite gives you option to view models on the map which is very valuable for building. It adds camera button to the top of your local map or use whichever hotkey you have it assigned to.

Make sure you know all your construction keys such as rotations, zooming, centering etc. Have an adv. satellite at hand and plenty salvage insurance. Save before you start and reload when you don't like results. You need 1 CCK per station you are connecting, so once the 2 initial stations are connected and you get a hub any other additions require another CCK so buy station and the kit at the same time.

Read some guides in the sticky here on building, preferably the ones with pictures. Building hasn't changed from TC so any guide for TC will apply to AP. There are a lot of tricks to building such as how to connect complexes that are too far apart to normally connect with cck, where stations have their tube points, how close you can build stuff and so on. Read guides to avoid noodle soup complexes.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”