[X3TC] Help with Dragonfly complex CAG seller setup

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Munimentum
x4

[X3TC] Help with Dragonfly complex CAG seller setup

Post by Munimentum » Mon, 5. Oct 15, 18:42

So I've just set up a Dragonfly complex in Queen's Retribution and my CAG Mistral SF is buying energy fine, however I'm having issues with my seller CAG Mako and I'm hoping you guys can help!

The Equipment dock doesn't stock the missiles which from what I've read is exactly what you want, and the CAG rank is Major Dealer.

It has Ware List type set to Trade List with Dragonfly Missiles being the only option. Trade duties it is set to salesmen and I've not touched anything else (no Jumpdrive naturally since it's all in sector)

Are there any settings I've missed that is causing him to just stay on standby all the time and not selling missiles?

Thanks!

CAG logfile below:

Code: Select all

Commercial Agent

Script version: 3302
Libraries version: 3804
Pilot Union version: 3500

Pilot: Jako Giorno
Pilot rank: Major Dealer
Flight time: 14:01 hour
Employ time: 31:37 hour
Payment: 21,365 credits
Profit: -348,342 credits
Expenses: -11,448 credits

Promotion: Yes
Payment: Global account
Agreement with colleagues: Yes

Ship name: Dragonfly Missile Salesman Mako
Ship class: M4
Ship type: Mako
Transport class: Medium Containers M
Cargo bay size: 208 units
Cargo bay volume: 1 units

Relation to Argon: Friend
Relation to Boron: Friend
Relation to Split: Friend
Relation to Paranid: Friend
Relation to Teladi: Friend
Relation to Xenon: Foe
Relation to Kha'ak: Foe
Relation to Pirates: Friend
Relation to Goner: Friend
Relation to ATF: Friend
Relation to Terran: Friend
Relation to Yaki: Friend

Fight Command Software MK1: not installed
Fight Command Software MK2: not installed

Supply Command Software: not installed

Jump Drive: not installed
Jump Drive: disabled
Jump Drive: allowed
Jump Drive energy: 750 energy cells
Jump Drive minimum jumps: 1 jumps

Home base: Revolve Ltd Dragonfly Production Plant (Queen's Retribution)
Home base class: Complex Hub
Home base type: Boron Complex Hub
Trade jumps: 50 jumps
Station account: 4 credits
Global account: 20,999,068 credits

Black list stations: -
Black list sectors: -

Only trade with satellite network sectors: No
Only trade in sectors with a jumpgate: No
Only trade with non-player bases: No

Trader job: Salesman
Purchase resources: 80 %
Sell products: 20 %
Sell products freighter cargo bay: 30 %
Purchase intermediate products: 10 %
Sell intermediate products: 80 %
Purchase stations credit balance: 30,000 credits

Home sector: Queen's Retribution
Home jumps: 5 jumps

Ware list type: Trade list
Ware list: Dragonfly Missile

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 5. Oct 15, 19:48

You are intending to use the "infinite sink" method to sell an unlimited number of the missiles to an EqD that doesn't stock that missile, correct?

In this case, you can't use CAG. It won't sell wares to a station that doesn't buy that ware.
You use Trade Mk2's Manual Trade Run. Set your station's sell price at a few credits less than average (and don't let others dock while you're at it) then tell the trader to buy from the station, sell to the dock and repeat infinitely.
Since you're using a fighter for the task, fill up its cargobay with stuff, like shields and ecells, until there's just enough room for the maximum number of the missiles that the dock will accept at one go. Any more than that will cause the Manual Trade Run to end, and you'll have to set things up all over again.
And pull that CAG pilot out of that ship. Manual Trade Run doesn't need him and you should save him for a more suitable task.

Munimentum
x4

Post by Munimentum » Mon, 5. Oct 15, 20:45

Jimmy C wrote:You are intending to use the "infinite sink" method to sell an unlimited number of the missiles to an EqD that doesn't stock that missile, correct?

In this case, you can't use CAG. It won't sell wares to a station that doesn't buy that ware.
You use Trade Mk2's Manual Trade Run. Set your station's sell price at a few credits less than average (and don't let others dock while you're at it) then tell the trader to buy from the station, sell to the dock and repeat infinitely.
Since you're using a fighter for the task, fill up its cargobay with stuff, like shields and ecells, until there's just enough room for the maximum number of the missiles that the dock will accept at one go. Any more than that will cause the Manual Trade Run to end, and you'll have to set things up all over again.
And pull that CAG pilot out of that ship. Manual Trade Run doesn't need him and you should save him for a more suitable task.
Thanks for the quick reply.

For Manual Trade run, there are two options, Manual Trade: Buy and Manual Trade: Sell. I can buy the dragon fly missiles but they don't show in the sell menu.

It's cargo is below the maximum selling amount so that's not the problem and I've set the average price about 100cr below just to be safe while I tried this, still no option.

Am I missing something obvious here?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I'm an idiot, I had had to reload so I hadn't reinstalled the trading system extension. It immediately started working. Thanks :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”