[TC] Yaki IBL Forge Beta won't start

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sanjor
x4

[TC] Yaki IBL Forge Beta won't start

Post by Sanjor » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 17:26

So I noticed that one of the IBL forges hadn't seemed to produce anything even after I added a ore/wheat/ecell complex and the CLS2s to distribute the wares. I decided to go back to a save from before I started to establish myself to check if I had the wrong numbers.

My understanding of Yaki IBLs is that they need 3240 Ecells, 126 Space Fuel, and 540 Ore per cycle.

I made sure the problem forge had some breathing room for the test and I've not seen it budge in ~30 minutes of game time. http://i.imgur.com/gCVkrE7.jpg

What could be going on here and, more importantly, how might I fix it?

TC and bonus pack through steam, no mods of any sort installed.

BRANCA
x3tc

Post by BRANCA » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 18:08

Hi,

216 space fuel.

hth,

branca

Sanjor
x4

Post by Sanjor » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 18:31

Looks like I've fallen victim to the dyslexia of others :lol:

Thank you for setting me straight!

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 19:14

I kept the forges full and didn't have any problems. Reason and logic sometimes don't seem to apply in Yaki space.

I used a Local Trader to try to distribute resources from a SF complex I had. It seemed easy, but I had to use one with the highest rank to get anything to happen. Maybe CLS will be better.

Good Luck
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Sanjor
x4

Re: reply

Post by Sanjor » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 01:03

Bill Huntington wrote:I kept the forges full and didn't have any problems. Reason and logic sometimes don't seem to apply in Yaki space.

I used a Local Trader to try to distribute resources from a SF complex I had. It seemed easy, but I had to use one with the highest rank to get anything to happen. Maybe CLS will be better.

Good Luck
Since BRANCA cleared up my issue, CLS2 is great.
- Build a ore/wheat/energy complex in Weaver's Tempest.
- You'll want to clear out resources in the Distilleries, preferably by selling them energy and wheat such that they have 30 energy to 20 wheat so that each distillery will need both of its' resources topped off at the same time. This little bit of housework will help keep them from waiting for resources without making you use deliver buffers to sell at maximum.
- Get two Mercurys that will each load up to 840 wheat and up to 1260 ecells at the complex, then fly to their distillery and wait to sell both resources at maximum.
- Another Mercury will buy Space Fuel at minimum from both distilleries and sell up to 216 at average at each forge.
- A Mercury Hauler will load ecells at the complex and sell up to 3240 at average at each forge.
- A final Mercury Hauler will load ore at the complex and sell up to 540 ore at average at each forge.

Since the forges get sold up to the resources needed for a cycle, you will always sell for maximum after a forge's starting resources have been pushed through.
Similarly, the Distilleries are being sold a multiple of the resources needed (42 cycles-worth in this case) but since they're cycles are much shorter we can't just sell up to what they need for a cycle and expect the factory to not spend most of it's days waiting for resources unless we add delivery buffers.

Should be less than 25m credits for the station and the ships. Just the CLS2s mentioned will make you at least 324k per hour until the IBL forges fill up.
The excess from the complex should be worth 211k per hour even at average-1.
The excess from the Yaki distilleries is worth about 63k per hour at average-1 or 126k per hour at maximum.
At minimum price, the IBLs cost about 435k per hour. They can be made to turn a paltry 33k profit per hour if you sell them at average to EQ docks; however, one does not develop Yaki space to sell IBLs to EQ docks.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 15. Oct 15, 20:57

@Bill: I just build a plex that has enough output to supply all the fabs in Yaki space.
Since i usually build stations for the Yaki i need a custom setup, so mine won't be too helpful, but its easy to check.
Then set a CAG to sales, limited to yaki sectors. In current game the 2 IBL forges did not stop production except when i forgot to empty the CLS buying them.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”