Better ai missile defense and offense?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

H. Scumdog
x3tc

Better ai missile defense and offense?

Post by H. Scumdog » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 21:49

Hello all, this is my first post here on egosoft forums, although I'm a long time lurker. So after scouring the internet I have finally decided it's best to ask the experts. I am running TC with codea and every darn lucike mod I can, pirate guild 3/ race response..., bounce, anarkis defense, OK trade, and some other minor scripts. Just an fyi

My problem here is that I have my fleet set up to fling missiles at the enemy and everyone is set up with missile defense moskee, but the enemy ai doesn't seem to be able to put up much defense against my codea bombers or corvettess,likewise the enemy does not use enough missiles for me to defend against.

Basically I want to know if there is a script that will arm the enemy with more missiles and make them more likely to use them. It would also be nice if ai ships more actively defended with turretts as well as MDMoskee.

If this is something I could change myself with few lines of code that would work, although I would need it spelled out for me pretty clearly

I have read that AP's ai is much more missile happy and is capable and of using MDM, but I am unwilling/unable to upgrade at this time.

Apologies for the hasty post did this all on my phone at lunch break :) thanks for any help

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 23:13

I remember vanilla TC being quite soft with missiles, I installed XRM which is a total conversion (for both TC and AP) mod which changed that, Not 100% sure on vanilla AP but i think it did make the ai more trigger happy with missiles+gives them shields which make them harder to blow up

As for making the AI shoot down missiles, I use smart turrets on my ship to defend against missiles, but with it you can also set it so the AI uses smart turrets aswell, Might be worth a shot

JSDD
x3tc

Re: Better ai missile defense and offense?

Post by JSDD » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 20:11

H. Scumdog wrote:My problem here is that I have my fleet set up to fling missiles at the enemy and everyone is set up with missile defense moskee, but the enemy ai doesn't seem to be able to put up much defense against my codea bombers or corvettess,likewise the enemy does not use enough missiles for me to defend against.
... seems to me that you're not using MDMK2 :roll:
(you'll see it's very effective !! especially against TC "one-hit-missiles", in AP this problem has been fixed)

... and regarding umarmed AI ships: take a look at this

H. Scumdog wrote:Basically I want to know if there is a script that will arm the enemy with more missiles and ... MDMoskee.
... to be frank, i dont think that this ammo cheat will equip ships with mosquitos, i (if i were you) would take a look in these scripts & edit them i an appropriate way
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”