Some X2 questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sorkvild
x3tc

Some X2 questions

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 15. Oct 15, 10:49

Recently I've been refreshing X2 and noticed lacks of commands and behaviors known from latter X games.

1) Is is it possible for station supply/seller ships to use jumpdrive to get faster to resources/sales

2) How to scan the asteroids by using a remote controlled ship with mineral scanner? Possible without using scripts? If You know any scripts able to handle this task, tell me.

3) Are IRE and 1WM factories profitable like they are in X3?

4) Any good factory placements for start? Something with only ecells ships and on-site sales.

This game has aged well, looks really good on a big screen![/quote]
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Thu, 15. Oct 15, 13:24

1) not with basic commands, but there is a bonus pack for X2 too.

2) no

3) X2 economy is very different - cheaper, smaller (one size), numerous stations. SPPs are way more profitable for example.
Right on commander !

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Fri, 16. Oct 15, 01:30

Teladianium in Paranid space - always a seller.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 16. Oct 15, 01:59

Geek wrote:1) not with basic commands, but there is a bonus pack for X2 too.
Can you elaborate on this? Besides I have the BP, but maybe I am missing something
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 16. Oct 15, 16:00

I am sure the BP readme will give you details about the commands.

For example, advanced trade commands (which is pretty much the ancestor of the CAG) http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59265
Level 7
The pilot will respond to more urgent demands with the use of the jumpdrive (if installed).
Level 8
The Pilot will always use a Jump Drive (if installed) when he has to travel distances greater than 1 sector.
Please note: If you would prefer your freighters do not use a Jump Drive then please do not fit one to your freighters.
The cost to use a Jump drive may make some factories unprofitable.
Right on commander !

ThommoHawk
x4

Re: Some X2 questions

Post by ThommoHawk » Sat, 17. Oct 15, 07:35

Sorkvild wrote: ... snipped ...
This game has aged well, looks really good on a big screen!
^ yes! agree it has aged very well. Having only played it on a 17" laptop screen initially. Then some years later when I first played it with maxed out settings on my new PC's monitor (24 inch ips panel 1200x1920) it was like I'd never seen this game before. It looks great on the large screen, which us unusual for older games. The space sector backdrops are smooth, clear and not at all grainy like some X3 ones, (some of which seem poorly designed for large monitors). With a larger screen for X2 you can also take advantage of all the monitor options available in game (up to six in-game monitor displays irrc).

I have only recently stopped playing X-Tension, and although I can say it is enjoyable still, it does make me appreciate X2 a lot more. I did not do much station build-play in my most recent X2 game, and relied instead on the bonus pack for it which adds Universal Traders. I found using the UT's enough for my credit flow needs.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”