blocking factory/stations

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Quiyy Gunn
x3tc

blocking factory/stations

Post by Quiyy Gunn » Tue, 3. Nov 15, 09:41

Hey X

Id like to get some imput on an idea i came across from experienced Xer's. Involving blocking a space fuel factory.

Im playing TC 2.5 gold edition patched to the latest 3.2 ive got the bonus pack,enhanced breifings & http://www.mediafire.com/download/ldogq ... _v1.33.rar

Im 16 hrs into the humble merchant start with $ 11.1mil ive been following a couple guides mainly http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=292898

Ships in my fleet
1.i have iguana vanguard (player ship atm),,
2.fully upgraded disco(rare missiles storage nearly full cargo bay),,,
3.fully upgraded disco hauler(explorer/relay sat deployment),,,,
4.merc with full engine tune & rudder opt.(MORT trading energy between the wall & argon prime/power circle & herrons nebula),,,,,
5.toucan hauler (pretty much idle its done a few MORT runs within AP swarm missile production factory/image recognition production factory to AP EQD)
6.Otas mistral with full engine tune & rudder opt.(enroute to empires edge as my 1sr Mk3 trader)
7.merc hauler with min.cargo bay 6000 just picked up for &29,000 2nd hand with 43% hull.

Ok i got offered a couple delivery missions of space fuel i cant remember the actual amounts of space fuel or payment but thet were around 2+k for a reward of 2+mil i had no real way of completing it at the time due to not enough ships or $$$$.

Know that ive got some good profitsss ive been brain storming an idea...What if i block the space fuel factories so no npc traders can dock there and buy S fuel..then i can buy at rock bottom lrices..this is what im thinking of doing
1.buy and upgrade 10 disco haulers(yes i know i can cap but thats a whole new ball game for me atm) dock 5 at 1 factory and 4 at the other..repair the merc hauler ive recently bought 2nd hand and park it at the factory with the other 4 (as a stock piler)put nav command & jump drive 2 hundred e-cells on the hauler for those future missions and local pirate stations
2.disco haulers can ferry to the trading station in HN
3.yes the stations will need there resourses to keep producing space fuel-this is were im not sure wot to do ..will i get messge that theres no room to dock so i can manually undock a ship

I guess this where the ?? Come in
1.will the factory boot my ships off the docking clamps (is there a time limit)
2.will i have to mort this process for it too work-ive not done any cls trading as of yet.
3.will the time be worth the return
Any links r much appreciated

Thanks for your time and views.....apoligies for the long post

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Tue, 3. Nov 15, 10:42

I don't know about blocking NPC from buying spacefuel from a station but it will need resources so you'll have to supply those and one of the blockade ships will have to be a freighter to buy the product so at some stage you'll have to free up a docking slot for the supply of resources and purchase of product.

There's a far simpler way to secure spacefuel at rock bottom prices while making top creditsssss on selling resources ... and that's the Yaki. They have at least 2 spacefuel factories and the Yaki will destroy any NPC trader entering their space, so long as you're on good terms with them you can get the trifecta: sell resources (Delaxian Wheat, Energy) at top price, buy Spacefuel at lowest price and a healthy trade rank boost. If you so wish, as I do, you can then sell it right back to them at the IBL forges at top price and along with Ore and Energy also at top price you can have a stable source of IBLs at bottom price too. win-win-win, win.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 3. Nov 15, 12:46

NPC ships can undock yours. I often see my station traders idling in space on the station's coordinates when there is heavy NPC traffic.

There are 2 ways to gain a nice margin, one is the Yaki as Marvin mentioned since they dont let any traders in their systems.

The other is buying drugs in unclaimed (no owner race) or pirate sectors and sell them in race sectors' pirate bases where the stuff is illegal.
Illegal wares sell at max price, but the volumne is low.

Still probably the most easy solution is to have your own drug complex, so you can sell it without costs, and much hassle.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”