[X3TC for Linux] Problems with some Apricot mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

steelwing_2
x4

[X3TC for Linux] Problems with some Apricot mods

Post by steelwing_2 » Thu, 3. Dec 15, 15:52

apricotslice was unable to help me out with this (see here), so hopefully, some other Linux user can assist.
I'm on Linux and trying to get X3TC working with Apricot Merge Mod. It keeps crashing to desktop. The vanilla game works perfectly, and so do other mods. I've tried with Apricot Merge Mod, Apricot AMS, and Apricot Easy HUB and Medium HUB, and all of them crash to desktop during the initial loading screen (before ever getting to the EGOSOFT intro movie).
I'm on Linux 64-bit and playing using Steam. Any thoughts?

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Thu, 3. Dec 15, 20:04

I know this is a might be unrelated but I had a whole bunch of trouble with running any mods on my Mac OSX copy of X3TC/AP, so much so that I have given up. Have had random crashes to desktop like you mentioned, but also custom ship models looking really screwed up, which I guess is an issue of going from ActiveX to OpenGL. Which I assume would be the same with most derivatives of Linux.

You can try taking all the body files and making sure they are not the text version, I can't remember if bod, or bob is the text version, I know on Mac OSX that could cause some issue. That is as far as I got.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 3. Dec 15, 22:22

Apricotslice's HUB mods just change the requirements for the HUB plot. So it's unlikely to be related to any model files (be it ships or stations).

I wonder, whether the problem could have something to do with the Mission Director files, since all of the mods you mentioned include ones, if I'm not mistaken. Do you have any other Mission Director scripts installed, which do work?
(Actually, the problem most-likely isn't directly related to the MD either, since at that time it isn't even started. But maybe there is some problem with loading files from the director folder, when the game is starting!?)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

steelwing_2
x4

Post by steelwing_2 » Fri, 4. Dec 15, 13:23

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Apricotslice's HUB mods just change the requirements for the HUB plot. So it's unlikely to be related to any model files (be it ships or stations).

I wonder, whether the problem could have something to do with the Mission Director files, since all of the mods you mentioned include ones, if I'm not mistaken. Do you have any other Mission Director scripts installed, which do work?
(Actually, the problem most-likely isn't directly related to the MD either, since at that time it isn't even started. But maybe there is some problem with loading files from the director folder, when the game is starting!?)
I realized that I had never tried loading the HUB mods without anything else, so I did that just now. So the HUB mods actually work. So now the only ones I know are broken are the AMS and Merge mods.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”