X3TC vanilla CLS2 refuses to do anything

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

flashcactus
xr

X3TC vanilla CLS2 refuses to do anything

Post by flashcactus » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 16:01

Not sure if that is a Mod or regular Technical question, so posting here per the "Required Information..." sticky.

Symptoms:
A CLS2 freighter does not do anything when instructed to work. The owned ships screen shows "Idle" as current command, but the correct destination.

What leads to it:
1. set up a CLS2 freighter and give it stuff to do, but forget to set the freighter's homebase to the correct factory and/or set the trader salary to station account.
2. some time later, notice and fix it (i.e. change homebase to station and/or change trader salary to station account).
3. Seemingly depending on random chance, the freighter might then go into this refusing-to-work mode (sometimes they don't), ceasing all operation, displaying "idle" as the currently active command but a correct destination, i.e. if it has a "collect stuff from freighter X" waypoint, and the owned ships window shows "Idle // Dest: Freighter X"
4. When issued "Stop Command" then "Start external commodity logistics", the freighter first displays "CLS on standby..." for about 10 sec before going into "Idle" mode.
5. Most of the time, firing the pilot and restarting with a new one fixes the problem, but:
* occasionally, even this fails, and
* firing a good pilot and replacing them with a newbie obviously harms performance in addition to being frustrating.

Other required information:
Version: Steam X3TC 3.2c English
Mods: Nothing but the Bonus Pack
System: Debian Sid x64
DxDiag: Not available, here's an lshw report instead: http://cxg.de/_83892f.htm

Screenshots:
The owned ships window:
http://tcac.tk/pimg/screenshots/clsfail1.png

The settings:
http://tcac.tk/pimg/screenshots/clsfail2.png
http://tcac.tk/pimg/screenshots/clsfail3.png
(this is one of those that did not get fixed by firing the pilot and hiring a new one.)

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 16:10

I am going to temporarily move this to the Universe forum as most of the CLS experts read there rather than in Tech Sp. I may move it back to Tech Sp later.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 16:17

Yes, the CLS does have these moments. Check the sector for hostiles. It could be some stray Kahaak(sp?) some 100km away, but CLS still won't move. It used to drive me mad! :evil:
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 16:51

e1team wrote:Yes, the CLS does have these moments. Check the sector for hostiles. It could be some stray Kahaak(sp?) some 100km away, but CLS still won't move. It used to drive me mad! :evil:
This can be prevented by installing the Fight Command Softwares.
CLS readme wrote:Equipment and Prerequisites
  • Fight Command Software MK1 (optional: change the behaviour at contact with the enemy)
  • Fight Command Software MK2 (optional: changes, additional to Fight Command Software MK1, are made to the pilot's the behaviour at contact with the enemy)
Special Notes

Enemy contact:
If the freighter has the Fight Command Software MK1, then the pilot may make his ship safer. He buys fight drones in the current sector and equips his ship with more speed and agility. If the experienced pilot has a Jumpdrive, then he can venture into unsafe sectors. If the freighter has the Fight Command Software MK2 and he can download the Missile defence system Mosquito, he will also buy a number of Mosquito missiles.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 18:35

Will have to try that. It's been a long time since I used CLS (haven't played in a while).
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 19:20

Check your message log. You should find a message from the pilot saying "hostile activity reported en route in sector XXXXXXX." This is the most likely cause for an idle response.

The other cause is bouncing paycheck. If you have him homeported to a station and select "station account" as the source of his pay, and don't put any money in the station account you get an idle. It also happens if your ship account goes to zero and that is the pay source.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

flashcactus
xr

Post by flashcactus » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 22:12

Timsup2nothin wrote:Check your message log. You should find a message from the pilot saying "hostile activity reported en route in sector XXXXXXX." This is the most likely cause for an idle response.

The other cause is bouncing paycheck. If you have him homeported to a station and select "station account" as the source of his pay, and don't put any money in the station account you get an idle. It also happens if your ship account goes to zero and that is the pay source.
Nope, none of those in the log. Also plenty of money both in my account and the station account as well.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 9. Dec 15, 01:18

Hmmm. You'll have to check the sectors then. The CLS will pick up on a Kha'ak cluster way out in the boonies, and if there is no message I have found that it is usually right there in the sector where the CLS itself is located.

Just me, but I usually have enough CLS guys running on routes that overlap that I can tell what sector the problem is in just from comparing who is idled.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

flashcactus
xr

Post by flashcactus » Thu, 10. Dec 15, 16:47

Turns out I've been getting empty messages due to all the brackets in the ship names :/
Anyways, thanks for the help.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 10. Dec 15, 18:00

flashcactus wrote:Turns out I've been getting empty messages due to all the brackets in the ship names :/
Anyways, thanks for the help.
Ah!

So I take it these empty messages included the "hostiles en route" notifications?

By the way, that's an interesting tidbit of info about brackets in ship names. Were those names a product of the "auto naming" feature of CLS? I've never used that, but if it causes messaging problems I'd like to know about it since people tend to expect me to know about CLS stuff.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 11. Dec 15, 00:53

I've never had a problem with auto-naming. I don't recall any option for adding brackets either.

I used the Option 1 simple naming for the longest time, but lately I've opted for Option 4, giving me more information about the trade route.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 11. Dec 15, 01:47

I had a ship sitting for the longest time trying to cross Xenon 347, and not being able to, because it was out of jump fuel. I just added it to the list of automatically refueled ships and that seems to have solved that issue.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

flashcactus
xr

Post by flashcactus » Tue, 15. Dec 15, 20:08

Timsup2nothin wrote: Ah!

So I take it these empty messages included the "hostiles en route" notifications?

By the way, that's an interesting tidbit of info about brackets in ship names. Were those names a product of the "auto naming" feature of CLS? I've never used that, but if it causes messaging problems I'd like to know about it since people tend to expect me to know about CLS stuff.
Dunno, since they were all empty :P

I put the brackets in myself, but I suppose it makes no difference whether you named the ship or CLS did. So not plugging brackety stuff into the autonamer is probably a good idea :P

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 15. Dec 15, 20:47

flashcactus wrote: Dunno, since they were all empty :P
:lol:

Okay, I walked into that one!

Let me rephrase...

So I'm guessing that at the end of the day you did find hostiles, and when they were eliminated the problem was solved. Yes?

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”