Getting Started with X3 Reunion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pvtjames350
x3tc

Post by pvtjames350 » Sun, 20. Dec 15, 22:35

I am new to the game but I cant seem to find some type of tutorial for the gameplay nor can I figure out the small ends and outs... for instance energy cells, I will go to a station to try and purchase. it will show them but says resources cannot be sold. does that mean I have to trade for them? I have never had such a hard time trying to figure out a game. I try to use jump drive but when it explains how to use it is when I am being shot at so I die before I can figure it out lol. just wondering if there is someone willing to help me get going with X3 reunion? plus trying to figure out what kind of joy stick or controller I need to get for the game.

pvtjames350
x3tc

Any help would be awesome...

Post by pvtjames350 » Sun, 20. Dec 15, 22:45

Some tips an advice would be greatly appreciated id like to check out mods once I learn the game.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 20. Dec 15, 23:02

I moved your topic to the X Trilogy Universe forum, which is the right place for gameplay questions.

***moved***

Your approach with mods is the right one. First get used to the game, then see what bothers you about it and look for scripts/mods changing these aspects.

As for your problem with buying Energy cells, you can only buy wares at stations, which produce them. For Energy cells, these are Solar Power Plants. All other factories need Energy Sells for their productions. All wares, which are needed for the production of the final product, are called resources. Resources will never be sold by factories.

As for beginner guides I suggest having a look at The Ultimate X resource and guides list (also marked as a Sticky, i.e. important, thread at the top of this forum). It contains a lot of useful guides, including beginner tutorials to X3: Reunion.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

pvtjames350
x3tc

Post by pvtjames350 » Sun, 20. Dec 15, 23:23

That's very useful thnx for the tips I just registered here today... when I try to click the links some of the guides take me to a thing telling about the game skyrim?? some tell about the game. but what type of joystick would be recommended or are there those of you that don't use a joystick just mouse an keyboard?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 20. Dec 15, 23:40

pvtjames350 wrote:when I try to click the links some of the guides take me to a thing telling about the game skyrim??
The links to giskard's guides were wrong. I think he rebuilt his site somewhen, so the links were outdated. I fixed them now, so that they should all point to the correct guides again.

I can't really help with joystick suggestions, as I played X3R with keyboard and mouse.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

pvtjames350
x3tc

Post by pvtjames350 » Sun, 20. Dec 15, 23:58

ok I appreciate fixing links ill check them out again and if you used keyboard an mouse then I will too I just thought it was meant for joystick. lol one last question when I put in mods where do I put them in at? the mod folder in my files?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 21. Dec 15, 02:06

Most of them you want to use with the Plugin Manager. Others will likely have instructions for installation. The moderators would prefer mod talk be kept to those topics, or PM. I don't know as much about Reunion as I used too, but I'm still willing to help.

Do look up and install the Bonus Pack for Reunion. It's a group of officially supported mods that enhance the game quite a lot. Good luck figuring out Reunions CLS interface though.

Joystick isn't strictly necessary. Like X2-Illuminatus, I played through with Mouse and Keyboard. It does make dogfighting an exercise in patience, but you'll want to work towards a capital to alleviate that. Alternately, there are a few options out there for remapping controls to a controller, such as X-padder, which let you use an XboX style controller with the game.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

pvtjames350
x3tc

Post by pvtjames350 » Mon, 21. Dec 15, 02:22

ok I appreciate that a lot I'm not trying to get into talking about mods was just asking that first basic question lol ill go to mod forum for more info later. before I got reunion I was going to get rebirth but I heard soo mant bad things about it I didn't buy it.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 21. Dec 15, 03:52

It has it's fans, but it's much different from most of the rest of the series. I personally prefer TC, but Reunion is quite a bit of fun. The picture of the EVE Online difficulty curve applies to it as well though.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

pvtjames350
x3tc

Post by pvtjames350 » Mon, 21. Dec 15, 05:11

haha 10-4 on that. Yall have been a lot of help on here I'm pretty much catching on now guess I just needed a jumpstart lol. ill be in the forums on an off from now on. Reunion is just getting better an better now. ill be hitting the mods forums up in a few days. ty yall

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”