Grim Dawn ARPG

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 23:00

The famous Diablo II Battlechest is still sold in retail stores...

Just sayin' :)

(Actually, I need to pick up a new one. I think my last D2 disk is beyond repair. :/ )

PS - I'm not dissing Grim Dawn. It looks interesting. I'm just promoting the best-ever ARPG ever, ever. ;)

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 17:54

Don't know what they have done with the last patch but the game doesn't do it for me now. The map is broken and certain areas seem to have been cut off and I can no longer get to them or does that happen in the game anyway. There seems to be a part of the map that has a question mark on it wasn't there the other day, and I can't get to the area, I used to be able to get it but no more.
The local map is broken you scroll on it which takes it so far, then when you try to scroll some more it moves to a different part of the map so you cant see certain parts of the map any longer.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 18:26

if you are talking about act 2, they redone it, made it more linear, so you need to find those riftgates again. but I suggest you post on their forums, and get some help there. I not played the game for a bit, so will try a bit later.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 18:28

As far as I know I'm still on act 1, never had any message telling me anything different or that I had finished act 1.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 18:32

Seems the map has been changed, and it is just confusing people, as they are having trouble getting to places that they could get too before, so I'm not the only one.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 22:49

felter wrote:Seems the map has been changed, and it is just confusing people, as they are having trouble getting to places that they could get too before, so I'm not the only one.
And that, right there, is the main reason I don't play Early Access stuff...stuff keeps changing all the time and you get sick and tired of the game long before it's finally released.

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Wed, 17. Aug 16, 18:23

Game has been out of early access for a while, and it's rapidly becoming one of my most played Steam games. I'm really enjoying farming in the end game dungeons in Elite (Steps of Torment is a particularly good one)... I can never seem to have enough loot, especially as legendary items are now dropping. :D

The Crucible DLC has also been released and it's £4.50.
About this Content
The Crucible DLC introduces a challenging new arena gameplay mode to the Action RPG Grim Dawn. Enter the Crucible, a harsh battleground filled with waves of Grim Dawn’s deadliest fiends. There you will engage in magnificent combat for the amusement of the Crucible’s mysterious overlord, Lokarr. But he is not a cruel master: endure his trials and be rewarded with vast wealth; fail, and know only his scorn.
Countless combatants have fallen prey to the Crucible’s brutal machinations. Will you survive where others have fallen? Or will the arena’s monstrosities, traps, and dark magic get the best of you?

The Crucible is an alternate game mode available to all Main Campaign characters, starting at level 1.
Key Features
Multiple Arenas – Battle across four deadly arenas filled with Grim Dawn’s most vicious beasts and monstrosities. Each arena features a different layout with varied defensive positions.
Conquer 150 Unique Waves – Wage tireless battle against 150 unique waves of Grim Dawn’s monster menagerie. The farther you go, the more challenging the combinations become, with the possibility of encountering multiple bosses at once! Progress through the first 100 waves to unlock additional difficulties, which present an even greater challenge but also more reward.

Vast Wealth Awaits – The more enemies you defeat, the more treasure and Tributes await you at the end. Cash out your reward and claim your prize, or push farther for even greater wealth; but know that failure also means less treasure.

Earn the Favor of the Celestials – Spend hard-earned Tributes to activate powerful arena-wide buffs which empower you and your allies in battle against the Crucible’s fiends.

Forge Powerful Defenses – Spend Tributes and Iron Bits to bolster the arena with defenses that aid you in battle. Upgrade them for even greater power!

Endure Cruel Mutators – Deadly minions are just the beginning in the Crucible’s arsenal. As you progress through the event, randomized Mutators will become active, amplifying your foes (or you) in one way while weakening them in another.

Personal Leaderboard – Keep track of your performance in the Crucible with a personal leaderboard that stores your scores based upon the monsters defeated, the game difficulty and a score multiplier earned by defeating waves of enemies before the bonus timer expires.
It's a wave based arena mode, with a bit of tower defence thrown in. You can use your characters from story mode in there and take items from the Crucible into the main game (and vice versa).

I must say, along with Rimworld, GD have set an excellent example on how Early Access should be done. Both throughout EA and post release, Crate's support has been second to none.

How is everyone else getting on with it? :)

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 01:31

Bumpity bump.

Just in time for Christmas, Crate have released patch 1.0.0.7 http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48845

As well as the usual bug fixes, balancing and other issues fixed, the developers have added a new rogue like dungeon:
The Fall of Valbury, a new Aetherial roguelike dungeon, is now available.

With this massive new outdoor dungeon come 4 new Monster Infrequents, 2 new Unique items, 6 dangerous new bosses and mini-bosses and pages of new Lore to discover. Venture into Port Valbury and witness the complete destruction of a once vibrant commercial center and a reminder of the grim future that awaits all of Cairn should you and the Black Legion fail.

Those seeking death in Port Valbury can begin their adventure in the Conflagration, northeast of Homestead. Those Honored with the Outcast may also want to pay her a visit.
They've also announced the first of two new classes coming in the expansion... Yay! :D

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 02:19

Tycow wrote:Bumpity bump.

Just in time for Christmas, Crate have released patch 1.0.0.7 http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48845

As well as the usual bug fixes, balancing and other issues fixed, the developers have added a new rogue like dungeon:
The Fall of Valbury, a new Aetherial roguelike dungeon, is now available.

With this massive new outdoor dungeon come 4 new Monster Infrequents, 2 new Unique items, 6 dangerous new bosses and mini-bosses and pages of new Lore to discover. Venture into Port Valbury and witness the complete destruction of a once vibrant commercial center and a reminder of the grim future that awaits all of Cairn should you and the Black Legion fail.

Those seeking death in Port Valbury can begin their adventure in the Conflagration, northeast of Homestead. Those Honored with the Outcast may also want to pay her a visit.
They've also announced the first of two new classes coming in the expansion... Yay! :D
No they haven't they have released a pre patch for the 1.0.0.7 patch, which is being released (supposedly) later this week.

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 03:09

felter wrote:No they haven't they have released a pre patch for the 1.0.0.7 patch, which is being released (supposedly) later this week.
[ external image ]

And it's been there since 17:00 UK time on Tuesday. :)

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 03:54

It's their own news feed, it says:
Grim Dawn's update 1.0.0.7 is due this week, bringing with it Port Valbury
That's from the latest, but if you look at older previous news, it does say:
V1.0.0.7: The Fall of Valbury is Now Live!
You would think they would get the order right.

It's quite a small patch for what it is supposed to deliver.

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 15:19

If anyone playing 1.0.0.7 is wondering whether the game world got a lot brighter, it did. The devs have over egged one of their changes and will be toning it back in an upcoming patch (presume it'll be a hotfix).

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 18:02

Grim Dawn is 70% off on Steam and other sites, bringing it down to £5.99. This is to celebrate the expansion, The Ashes of Malmouth being released! :D

Highlights of the expansion:
Level Cap Increased to 100 - Reach for ever greater power with an increased level cap of 100 and an increased Devotion cap of 55!

Two New Class Masteries – Unleash your vengeance upon the enemies of humanity with two new Masteries: the Inquisitor and the Necromancer, both of which can be combined with the base game’s Masteries, nearly doubling the possible combinations!

Two Story Chapters - Confront the devious Aetherials and their twisted abominations in the fallen city of Malmouth as you push forward alongside the Black Legion and Inquisitor Creed in two epic Chapters!

Transform Your Appearance – A brand-new Illusionist Service NPC enables you to transform the appearance of your equipment and customize your ideal look! Draw upon every item in your collection across all characters!

New Environments - Explore new parts of Cairn to the north of Burrwitch and beyond! Traverse the treacherous forest of Gloomwald and the murky Ugdenbog as you seek passage to the fallen city of Malmouth.

Four Factions - New Factions provide more opportunities to make allies…and enemies. Earn their favor to unlock unique rewards, or become a nemesis to spawn powerful foes.

14 Constellations - Unleash the might of the Arkovian Gods with 14 new Devotion Constellations that open up even more combinations in Grim Dawn’s massive constellation map.

Collect Hundreds of New Items - Dozens of new Monster Infrequents and
Hundreds of Epic and Legendary items are waiting to be added to your collection! Combine them with the new Illusion System to create a look unique to you!

Item Skill Modifiers - Transmute and empower your Mastery skills using new modifiers found exclusively on equipment.

New Nemesis and Super Bosses - Tackle all-new vicious threats and earn their unique loot. Discover Cairn’s secrets to summon supremely powerful foes.

A New Rogue-Like Dungeon - A fourth Rogue-Like dungeon is coming in a free update, shortly after release, featuring the corrupting presence of the Aetherials and the Chthonians upon the beasts of Cairn.

Expanded Stash - Stow away precious treasure with a vastly expanded Personal Stash and an additional Shared Stash Tab.

Reset Your Attributes and Mastery Bar - Find a new type of potion that allows you reset your Attribute Points. Speak to a Spirit Guide to unlearn the Mastery Bar down to one point.
If you backed the Loyalist version of Grim Dawn through Kickstarter, you get this for free. Check your Humble Key page. :)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 22:36

Playing it since yesterday ... interesting ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 15. Oct 17, 20:54

Level 45 Tactician .... slow going but very addictive. Nice alternative to D3 ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “Off Topic English”