How do you do Tormented Teladi?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

How do you do Tormented Teladi?

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 28. Dec 15, 06:49

I've been trying the three starting sectors for Tormented Teladi. You start very small. I've figured out a winning formula and wonder how other pilots have done it. I'm in AP but I'm interested in TC too. (One thing I don't need to hear about TC is just claiming the bonus ships and selling them.)

The easiest sector is Sanctity. You cap a Teladi civilian Buzzard and sell it next door in Queen's Retribution to get your start up money. If you start in Tears of Greed, you travel to Sanctity and do the same thing. You might get lucky on the way and get a mission you can do or find some salvage; otherwise dock at a station in Company Strength, then pop over to Sanctity.

If you start in Acquisition, you have to travel to Avarice, cap a Teladi there, then sell it in Argon space, Light of Heart.

Collecting the $2 Million is not hard. One Goner Ranger is enough for that. I like to set up the large circle of from the Queens, to Grand Exchange, to Interworlds, to Contorted. You can get you JD and Docking Computer from Queen, Trading Extension from the Paranid or Belt, Transporter from Belt. When you get Sats up, there's plenty of sectors to hunt. If you stay past the reward, you can get your Boa from Patriarch and your Kestral from Grand Ex.

A Defend Station mission can give you an M5 with a medium hold so you can mount a JD. Then Cap a Duke's ship to bring you energy and you're off to the races.

The Enhanced Kea is a nice reward and can take you quite far into the game. You set the speed for it like the Hype reward in Poisoned Paranid. It's great with speed of 180. I've heard of 200 and more.

There's numerous problems to solve in this scenario. I like the build-up from small to respectable with the light pressure of the 12 hour time limit.

How do pilots do Tormented Teladi?
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Mon, 28. Dec 15, 19:36

I mostly do defend station missions until I get enough rep and money to do taxi missions. Doesn't take long to get what you need for the E. Kea.

Didn't know about the speed variable for it though. Nice to know. I've only played it twice though, and both times the speed was 189 m/s.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”