Boarding Xenon Q with no casualties

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fireanddream
xr

Boarding Xenon Q with no casualties

Post by fireanddream » Fri, 1. Jan 16, 04:58

Is this even possible in TC 3.2?
I had 20 maxed out marines boarding a Xenon Q, for 40 minutes and over 100 reloads 1 to 7 of them would die in the first deck. I'm thinking about frying it with IonD first. Would the Q's invisible marines die if I fry its cargo life support system or something?

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Re: Boarding Xenon Q with no casualties

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Fri, 1. Jan 16, 10:41

fireanddream wrote: Would the Q's invisible marines die if I fry its cargo life support system or something?
There are no invisible marines so frying off Life Support will not help you. Frying off internal sentry lasers will help however if it has them.

The Q is an achievement so you should be prepared to lose some Marines but yes, it is possible, if you got a Q with 1 loss then I would accept that as a pretty reasonable cost to get those blueprints added to your PHQ

There are some things you can do to improve your odds
1. use fully trained marines, 100/100 in fighting at least
2. send 21 Marines (you may want a Sirokos for this but they're not easy to get hold of in TC so use 2 M7Ms if you have to) - but keep in mind that 1 will be ejected once boarding is complete and you'll need to move over there to pick 'em up
3. keep at least 5 save slots clear for the start and save at each deck, as soon as you hear "Deck n clear" and reload from this point if you lose a marine until you hear deck clear again without losses and save again - this only works in TC, AP changed this so the outcome of the op is determined at the start
4. Save when you hear "Deck 4 Clear" and this will be your reload point for the hack and the selection of equipment left on board when she's yours.
5. watch the progress from your property screen
6. Save as soon as it's yours with the right goodies on board as things can go wrong after like losing all your marines to enemy fire or you add it to your RE queue forgetting they're onboard
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Fri, 1. Jan 16, 12:05

The key thing is you require 21 5* marines. They absolutely need to be at 100 for fighting, also need marines with 100 hacking otherwise they will fail. It is not a guarantee that you won't lose 1 or 2 although it is possible to get through without losing any. Just follow Marvin's instructions and you will be fine.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 1. Jan 16, 18:23

Id recommend against it, accept some losses and spare yourself a huge time spent on reloads etc. Dont even try it with less then 21 untrained marines (=any skill below 100).

Otherwise Marvin said it all.

Also xenon have all internal defences by default. No matter what you do to the ship, boarding diffculty will remain the same. It's a xenon thing.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 1. Jan 16, 19:15

Agree with pref on this - much more fun (IMO) just to accept that boarding Xenon ships is a highly dangerous business & casualties are likely to occur, rather than spend an inordinate amount of time reloading trying to get the perfect boarding op where no marines die.

Whenever I was hunting Xenon capitals I'd always take 2 M7Ms full of marines & periodically send in reinforcements to replace any dead marines (no reloading at all). Some boarding ops were a bit bloodbathy, but the only ones which ever outright failed were against Xenon M6s. Can be tricky to get the timing right for reinforcement waves when so few can fit inside the target at the same time - entire squad can be wiped out while the next wave are still cutting through the hull. Never had any such issues with Q or bigger Xenon ships.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”