X3TC: Overloaded Player HQ

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Feersum
x3tc

X3TC: Overloaded Player HQ

Post by Feersum » Tue, 5. Jan 16, 19:51

First of all, I've installed Cycrow's cheat package - couldn't wait to gather huge amounts of resources, repair the xenon hub and start the HQ plot. So I cheated my way through the hub plot.

In the end, I have set up my HQ, and all of a sudden - it is choked full. I can't load anything in it.

It simply says its hold is full at 499980/500000 - here's a screenshot:
http://prikachi.com/images/470/8558470x.jpg

I don't remember loading any wares besides a dolphin's worth of ecells - 4 or 5 thousand of them (then using them up), several types of shields and guns (just to mark them as wares for my supply ships to be able buy them from NPC factories) or sending the odd ship to be scrapped.
Now I can load 20 ecells that top the hold to 500k.

I tried using the cheat pack to remove wares or empty the hold, with no result.

In the end I have resolved the problem by destroying the HQ and loading a new HQ in a TL's hold (cheating, obviously).

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Any idea what I may have done to cause it?
Comin' in on a wing and a prayer
Though there's one motor gone
We can still carry on

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 5. Jan 16, 21:42

Unfortunately that is a symptom of an altered game where inappropriate amounts of items have been added to a ship or station and become 'invisible wares'. Generally it is only recovered by destroying the corrupted asset once it happens.

LV once posted:
  • "I found when scripting with TC (earlier versions were ok) that if you add hardware which only takes up 1 slot over and over your cargo gets full
    e.g. add 100 jumpdrives and 1 will show but 100 cargo will be used."
There may be other 'cheaty' added wares triggers as well.

I'll lock this here as it is not generally a vanilla issue. (The main vanilla TC causes for invisible wares being encountered on player property was through incomplete patching of the DVD game or when using older versions of Bonus Pack trade scripts.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”